Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

branded computers really cost much but when u have to upgrade the hardware it even cost you more.

how about this, (but this doesnt apply to all other branded pc ok)  we have a salvage branded PCs and i tried to get the other hw parts so it can be useful again but the case installed is not screwed to other parts where the plastic case inside is molded on the pc design. so wla kn mappkinabangan even the cd rom and the floppy drive. u just have to trash the whole pc.

wow sayang ung parts ah. meron pang gamit ung iba duun... maybe i can get a motor or something for my mobots from those parts... anyway kung matiyaga ka lang and adventurous you may salvage the metal inards for your own use... lalo na ung floppies and cd rom... :D

before i even trust computer repair shops. this establishment is known for they have a lot of branches esp in malls. i send my computer there having trust that they can make it coz i know they are more proffesional than me when it comes to computers.  i bought a new motherboard from them ksi sbi un daw ang papalitan. after that it works but only for a day. so i send my pc back to them until the 3rd day that i keep coming back i found out from a friend that they installed a wrong motherboard that is not fir for my processor. that's why my processor aint working on it hanggang sa masira n rin ung processor ko. i even lost important files in my hd kc they formatted it without my knowledge and permission, they didnt perform a back up.

after what have done to my pc, i lost my trust on them lalo na ang gumawa non ung manager  ng ***. that's why im working on my computer by myself with a liitle help from my friends and a great thing is ive learned a lot from it even if i begun from scratch.

mas maganda nga kung sa friends and colleagues. they even work kahit pa-kain and pa-inum lang. heck i do it for practice sake and for the additional knowledge its gives me, and it makes one heck of a bonding experience too- extra na lang ung professional fee.

I'm using a P4 2.4MHz PC with firefox and IE browsers. Postpaid subscriber din me ng Skyinternet. Now my problem is pag naka connect ako lagi akong nadidisconnect after mga 30 mins. this is really annoying, moreso hindi ko mamaximize yung unlimited account ko :( any settings that i could adjust?? any ideas?

I'm using a P4 2.4MHz PC with firefox and IE browsers.  Postpaid subscriber din me ng Skyinternet.  Now my problem is pag naka connect ako lagi akong nadidisconnect after mga 30 mins.  this is really annoying, moreso hindi ko mamaximize yung unlimited account ko  :(  any settings that i could adjust?? any ideas?

now that is weird! all i know is usually after four hours the isp resets, so you have to reconnect. but yours, after 30mins!

does the disconnection come from the isp itself? if so, then its time you call up your service provider and tell em whats goin on and that you want it rectified!

if the disconnection come from the pc, it could be a virus! does your pc re start everytime after a disconnection?

now that is weird! all i know is usually after four hours the isp resets, so you have to reconnect. but yours, after 30mins!

does the disconnection come from the isp itself? if so, then its time you call up your service provider and tell em whats goin on and that you want it rectified!

if the disconnection come from the pc, it could be a virus! does your pc re start everytime after a disconnection?

i'm not so sure (im not tech savvy :blink: ) if it is caused by the ISP or the computer. When I get disconnected the computer does not restart it does not even hang, its just my connection that is being cut for some reason.

It's just so annoying when I'm being disconnected in the middle of a download :grr: I was hoping there is something I could adjust in the settings. If there ain't none then i'll push the panic button and call my provider :angry:

wow sayang ung parts ah. meron pang gamit ung iba duun... maybe i can get a motor or something for my mobots from those parts... anyway kung matiyaga ka lang and adventurous you may salvage the metal inards for your own use... lalo na ung  floppies and cd rom... :D

oo we tried na baklasin yung case n lng kso yung cd rom and ung floppy drive hindi rin naka screw so pra matanggal mo sila sisirain mo n tlga yung case. sayang nga e. pro sa tagal n non i dnno if it will still work.

bat di kya npost ung question ko dito?

question po:

what if the pc restarts while ur using it. tpos one time biglang namatay pro may power light p sa cpu. then one time na beep na like this:

beeeeeeeeeep...beeeeeeeeeep...beeeeeeeeeep...beeeeeeeeeep... and so on

is it the video card?

pag may virus ang disk ok lng ba na iquick format or better if complte format tlga?

I'm using a P4 2.4MHz PC with firefox and IE browsers.  Postpaid subscriber din me ng Skyinternet.  Now my problem is pag naka connect ako lagi akong nadidisconnect after mga 30 mins.  this is really annoying, moreso hindi ko mamaximize yung unlimited account ko  :(  any settings that i could adjust?? any ideas?

it happened to me before and i think sa isp ung problem. ksi sa kin nman every after 10 mins kya dc ako lagi and when i change my isp ok na.

im not sure if ur problem is the same, why dont u try to contact ur isp and tell ur concern.

how about this...

my brother and his gf are not yet married pro may baby n sila. before na manganak ung gf nya nagkagalit sila untill manganak ung girl. after that ok n sila but later on nakwento s kin ng gf nya na hindi pla nakalagay ang name ng bro ko sa birth certificate as the father of my nephew.

pwede b tlga yon n walang nakalagay n father's name sa birth cert. and what shall my bro do about it? thanks.

oo we tried na baklasin yung case n lng kso yung cd rom and ung floppy drive hindi rin naka screw so pra matanggal mo sila sisirain mo n tlga yung case.  sayang nga e. pro sa tagal n non i dnno if it will still work.

bat di kya npost ung question ko dito?

it will. i have salvaged computers more than eight years old for motors and other thingies :cool:

question po:

what if the pc restarts while ur using it. tpos one time biglang namatay pro may power light p sa cpu. then one time na beep na like this:

beeeeeeeeeep...beeeeeeeeeep...beeeeeeeeeep...beeeeeeeeeep... and so on

is it the video card?

pag may virus ang disk ok lng ba na iquick format or better if complte format tlga?

possible course of actions

1) run anti-virus to rule out viruses invading your system

2) check for any device conflicts using your control panel>system>device manager

3) check for power management settings right-click>properties>screen saver>power

4) check system integrity by running disk management software like scandisk

5) check your RAM, might be faulty or wrong type for your motherboard

6) check your CPU fan. this might be caused by faulty CPU cooling leaving your computer to overheat after few minutes of use.

7) check your power connections. this might be caused by abnormal fluctuations in your current, when not using voltage regulating devices.

if this is a video card problem, perform step 7 if you have a agp/pci video card with video processing unit(VPU) cooling fan. if not(and you have a built in VPU embedded into the mother board), this is probably not a video card problem since your computer wont start anyway in the first place with a faulty video card.

BEFORE performing steps 5 and 6, heed the advice of my friend marc.alan - always invoke your right to free after sales service and replacement by keeping the PC's warranty intact.

Anyone can advise me an Internet Service Provider for Southgreenheights Village, Muntinlupa City

(not dial up)

1. Pldt dsl not apllicable no connections yet

2. PT n T (www.greendot.com) same not applicable no connections

3. Globeline same not apllicable

4. Skycable not yet covered

5. Destiny cable not yet covered

6. Airborne not yet covered and if ever expensive.

7. Laguna Internet haven't tried but Php 7,500 installation fee plus a little expensive compared to others.

8. Merdian Telekoms intermittent connection sometimes no connection and slow. But might continue unless no other option.

Anyone can advise me an Internet Service Provider for Southgreenheights Village, Muntinlupa City

(not dial up)

1. Pldt dsl not apllicable no connections yet

2. PT n T (www.greendot.com) same not applicable no connections

3. Globeline same not apllicable

4. Skycable not yet covered

5. Destiny cable not yet covered

6. Airborne not yet covered and if ever expensive.

7. Laguna Internet haven't tried but Php 7,500 installation fee plus a little expensive compared to others.

8. Merdian Telekoms intermittent connection sometimes no connection and slow. But might continue unless no other option.

bro, you're a bit off-topic...

PLDT MyDSL is still not available in SouthgreenHeights ? sheesh :thumbsdownsmiley:

try calling up BellTel , the service they are offering is a bit expensive than Meridian but the service is packaged with both voice and data, so quite a fair deal...

Does anyone here know of places that can salvage data off a fried HD? The HD is completely unusable because everytime I connect it to any PC, either a) the motherboard blacks out or B) not even the bios detects it. I'm looking for a place in Metro Manila that specializes in data recovery. thanks!

bro, you're a bit off-topic...

PLDT MyDSL is still not available in SouthgreenHeights ? sheesh  :thumbsdownsmiley:

try calling up BellTel , the service they are offering is a bit expensive than Meridian but the service is packaged with both voice and data, so quite a fair deal...

thanks for the advise

another question and need advise/help again for the gurus

1. I tried connecting two computers for internet connection using dial-up, I used an external modem d-link, an 8 port cnet hub, here's what I did set up the internet tools, internet connection sharing wizard in computer 1 (the computer connecting to the internet), created a client floppy disk for computer 2, put an ip address of 192.168.0.1 then 255.255.255.0, then double click network, configuration, add, protocol, add, microsoft, then TCP/IP, then ok, then restart, got connected and able to do normal surfing, chatting, e-mail, this computer is newly bought about two days ago

2. computer 2, I run the client for the internet browser for the internet connection, set the ip address to 192.168.0.2, then 255.255.255.0, tried pinging computer 1, it replied same otherwise with computer 2 pinging computer 1, it replied too, then network, configuration, add, protocol, add, microsoft, then TCP/IP, then ok, then restart, but when I opened the IE the page cannot be displayed, no connection or cannot share connection to the internet using computer 1 connection, this computer 2 is about 6 months old, with some viruses using only AVG free edition. However, it connects to the internet (do normal surfing, chatting, e-mail) when by itself alone using dial up but not with local area network.

Any advise how I can share the connection, by way of LAN.