this

info to avoid the situation and if ever they tried to confiscate your

data

cd for work/school purposes, just prepare an explanation for the

importance

of your data cd.

they dont even know how to identify a pirated cd/vcd or personal data

cd

files. if you have CD or DVD files, it's best not to ride the MRT/LRT.

VRB

has a operation in confiscating pirated media effective today. pls pass

this

message to warn all of our E-media data users. thanks

Got this forwarded message thru the email...

Is this really true, and can they really do that? Are there already definite laws against data reproduction? Isn't that against a freedom of "something?" :unsure:

A lot of people now are working in call centers and I believe that most of them have experienced some irregularities being practiced by some companies, which violates our Labor provisions.

I have some issues that I just want clarified.

On leaves.  In this company I'm working on, 15 working days is equal to 3 hours of leave only. As far as I know, an employee is entitled to have at least 12 days of leave in one year.  Doesn't this violate anything?

=  Actually, the Labor Code only requires the employer to grant at least 5 days service incentive leave a year.  There's no legal basis for the 12 days of leave that you cited.

On overtime.  Most call centers impose mandatory OTs. Is there a provision regarding mandatory OTs? I know that it's OK for the employer to ask their employees to go on OT but its somewhat being abused by some companies.  To my knowledge again, mandatory OT is called for if the company is on the verge of loss or breaking up. To save it, employers then ask their workers to go on mandatory OT, now that's reasonable. But what if they would ask it just because they want to meet some metrics? Team metrics for the matter.  Is it some sort of a violation?

=  Yes, OT can only be required in case of emergency, to prevent loss of propertyor life, avoid serious loss or damage to employer, or prevent serious obstruction or prejudice to the business or operations of the employer.  Unless any of these conditions are applicable, you cannot be required to do OT.

Sanitary concerns.  Is there a labor provision regarding this issue? Like agents sharing headsets. Its pretty much obvious so no need to elaborate further on this.

=  All employers should provide for the health, safety and welfare of their employees.  If you can prove that sharing headsets can has a detrimental effect to their health, I guess you can make a case against the employer.

Its a good thing that call centers are here, I'm not against them but there are certain laws that should be followed and we all want to be treated fairly by these companies. 

Thanks

i try to the command "fdisk /mbr" but it turned out like Invalid media type... damn i need to recover the files... any help?

It would seem as if your hard drives already busted, you should bring it to a friend's house and try accessing it there. If it still doesn't work, it needs servicing already... :cry:

Almost on the same note... My hardisk has beem formatted using NTFS now I reverted it back to FAT32, yesterday for some reason I had to reformat it again (FAT32) but formatting won't continue after 72%.  Do I call PC express for a new hardisk now or is there a light at the end of the tunnel  :P ?

There's may be bad sector at that part of the drive which is why the format command is taking longer at that part. It can't read the sector and is trying to make sure if it should be marked as BAD or not. :cry:

P.S. sorry for the slow replies but I'm working on our thesis and can't log-in too frequently... :P

can I format my travelmate 2000 using NTFS? Acer only provided 3 sets of CD for recovery.  THey did not included a separate CD Driver.

You CAN format it using NTFS BUT I doubt if you can use your recovery cds since it reformats the drive to the default setting which (i guess :P ) is FAT32. I personally just throw away those CDs especially if they're proprietary since they install all sorts of BLOATWARE on your PC that you just may not use! :angry:

Gud pm everyone!!! Can u please refer me to a computer shop that repairs laptops. my problem is that the laptop screen keeps on flickering. i have this problem for a long time already but after several minutes after starting up it would return to normal. but starting this week it would not stop flickering. can i ask also how much would it cost me? thanks a million! :)

hi,

read your post just now...you can bring your unit to the IBM service/repair center in eastwood, libis...

as for the price, the repair cost would depend on how bad the problem of your display...

my two cents worth :headsetsmiley:

hi guys,

to the one who asked about AMD Sempron 2800 issues, i'm an AMD Sempron user myself, and up to now I have not encountered any problems...

do you have any problems using your current processor? what's your motherboard?

kindly post additional info  :headsetsmiley:

no problems with amd processors so far. have been using amd processors for my workstations. i was just asking para di na me masyado mag research. thanks a lot.

You CAN format it using NTFS BUT I doubt if you can use your recovery cds since it reformats the drive to the default setting which (i guess :P ) is FAT32. I personally just throw away those CDs especially if they're proprietary since they install all sorts of BLOATWARE on your PC that you just may not use! :angry:

I agree with this. Problem is even if I have an orig xp pro from my other laptop, where can I get the appropriate drivers for the travelmate? The drivers they provided is in a system cd which can be used in conjunction with the recovery cd only.

I agree with this. Problem is even if I have an orig xp pro from my other laptop, where can I get the appropriate drivers for the travelmate? The drivers they provided is in a system cd which can be used in conjunction with the recovery cd only.

You can USUALLY download them from the manufacturer's website, in this case, try Acer's website. :boo: Also, what drivers are you pertaining to? The drivers for the mouse thingee at the lower center of your laptop? :P Can't that be detected by Windows XP? Maybe you're pertaining to the useful utilities included like the internet button or something? :huh: Anyway, try downloading the drivers needed from the internet. That's what I usually do in cases like these. :hypocritesmiley: Take care of your laptop!!!! :cool:

magandang araw po sa ating mga abogadong de kampanilya, meron lamang ako nais ikonsulta, ang misis ko po ay US passport holder (american Citizen) ngunit ng nakuha nya ang US citizenship nya, hindi nya sinurender ang filipino passport nya, ibig bang sabihin ay Philippine citizen pa din sya?, or kailangan nya pa iproseso ang dual citizenship nya? nais sana nyang maging dual citizen, magpahanggang ngayon nasa pa ang p\Philippine passport nya, kakarenew lang nya ng passport ngayong enero, valid ba ito?, Salamat po sa maagap na kasagutan

magandang araw po sa ating mga abogadong de kampanilya, meron lamang ako nais ikonsulta, ang misis ko po ay US passport holder (american Citizen) ngunit ng nakuha nya ang US citizenship nya, hindi nya sinurender ang filipino passport nya, ibig bang sabihin ay Philippine citizen pa din sya?, or kailangan nya pa iproseso ang dual citizenship nya? nais sana nyang maging dual citizen,  magpahanggang ngayon nasa pa ang p\Philippine passport nya, kakarenew lang nya ng passport ngayong enero, valid ba ito?, Salamat po sa maagap na kasagutan

kaibigang johndoe, ang sagot sa iyong katanunga ay depende kung paano nabigyan ng US passport ang iyong asawa. kung ito ay dahil ipinanganak siya dito sa US o di kaya ang isa sa mga magulang nya ay US citizen, sya ay US citizen by birth. at kung kasabay nito, (at least) isa sa kanyang mga magulang ay Pilipino, siya rin ay Filipino citizen. hindi mawawalang bisa ang kanyan Pinoy passport dahilan na sya ay nabigyan ng US passport. sa madaling sabi, siya ay tinatawag na dual citizen.

kapag halimbawa nakuha nya ang US passport sa pamamagitan ng naturalization, ayon sa ating batas, nawala ang kanyang pagiging Pilipino sabay ng pagsumpa nya nga katapatan sa banyagang watawat. ganunpaman, noong taong 2003 ipinasa ang Republic Act 9225 o kung tawagin ay ang Citizenship Retention and Re-Acquisition Act na nagsasabing maaring makuhang muli ang pagiging Pilipino ng asawa mo kapag siya ay nag-file ng petition for reaquisition of Filipino citizenship at siya ay manumpa ng katapatan sa ating watawat.

ang ating gobyerno ay may website para sa mga katanungan tunko dito: (http://www.gov.ph/faqs/dualcitizenship.asp)

Where do I apply for re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship if I am in the Philippines?

A former natural-born Filipino citizen who is already in the Philippines and registered in the Bureau of Immigration shall file a petition under oath to the Commissioner of Immigration for the cancellation of the Alien Certicate of Registration (ACR) and issuance of an Identification Certificate (IC) as the case may be, under RA 9225.

A former natural-born citizen who is already in the Philippines but has not registered with the BI within 60 days from date of arrival shall file a petition under oath to the Commissioner of Immigration for the issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

Where do I apply for re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship if I am overseas?

A former natural-born citizen who is abroad but is a BI-registered alien shall file a petition under oath to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate for evaluation. Thereafter, the Embassy or Consulate shall forward the entire records to the Commissioner of Immigration for the cancellation of the ACR and issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

A former natural-born citizen who is abroad and is not a BI-registered alien shall file a petition under oath to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate for the issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

What is the Oath of Allegiance?

The Oath of Allegiance is the final act that confers Philippine citizenship. It reads as follows:

"I,________________, solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and obey the laws and local orders promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Philippines, and I hereby declare that I recognise and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto, and that I impose this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion."

sanay kahit papano ay nabigyang linaw ang iyong katanungan.

Gud pm everyone!!! Can u please refer me to a computer shop that repairs laptops. my problem is that the laptop screen keeps on flickering. i have this problem for a long time already but after several minutes after starting up it would return to normal. but starting this week it would not stop flickering. can i ask also how much would it cost me? thanks a million! :)

Bro this maybe a bit too late but here goes... If you're on a low budget you can try this shop who specializes sa laptops. They sell second hand units also, in good condition. The name of the shop is Time Century, it is located sa may buendia... if you're interested PM me na lang so I can send you the details (bawal kasi dito mag post ng number eh :) )

I hope this helps :headsetsmiley:

hello everyone,

i just established a small business and i wanted to setup a soho network, can someone help me with the setup? preferrably microsoft os.

or could you share a reading material so as to familiarize myself with it.

thanks

What OS in particular? workgroup or client-server setup?

a bit late for the reply,but check this out:

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/index.asp