Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Good Day Everyone... Specially to the resident lawyers in this thread.

Well. This is my first in this thread, actually im an HR practitioner and my usual hang-out is of course the HR thread.  Maybe next time you could help us shed light on matters involving labor.  Thanks in advance.

Best of Life to All...

Tokoy, please dont hesitate to drop by the Legal thread and we would be very glad to address any labor queries.

Good Day!

My apology for the late reply. Thank you very much for the accomodation.

AGAIN, OUR good Italian friends have pointed to one of the most interesting pictures that people following computer graphics can view.

The boys were able to take a picture of a unique card from Sapphire that is based on two Radeon 9800 PRO chips solution that would undoubtedly be the fastest card that exist. Apart from this, it would feature two DVI outs very useful stuff in Professional market and we wonder that it could easily have 512 MB or Ram 2x256 MHz to be precise since each chip can address 256 MB only.

We learned that at 10 layer PCB it is simply impossible to make this card work and that this card will never come to market. We believe that even ATI was surprised with this since Sapphire used to follow what ATI does and in this case ATI never played with Radeon 9800 MAXX design.

Still we believe that Sapphire could make this card work, even it would be freakily expensive – maybe in the $1000 range. ATI would need to write the drivers.

Be sure that this card will never hit retail shelves but it is good to know that this is an option that can come if necessary in near future. Sapphire proved that it can do more then make ATI replicas and we believe that was the point of showing an incredibly impressive looking card that does not work.

post-20-1064455712.jpg

Yup Maglalabas nga ang AMD ng 64bit processor, Athlon64, can run both 32-bit and 64 bit application, and the price is not a consumer price, ang mahal, and yes ma outperform kahit yung pinakamabilis ng intel P4 3.2GHz.

In production meron na ring panapat ang Intel para lang sa gamers,

Pentium 4 Extreme Edition with 3.2GHz and 2MB of L3 cache.

pero Intel pa rin ako for reliability, and heat issues, I dont know if they already resolved the heat in their upcoming processor.

pre, good for you being a satisfied intel customer :D

as for yung heat issues.... no comment. baka masisante ako ;)

On the topic of AMDs..........ano na ba pinaka-ok ma OC sa new AMD chips ngayon? need to catch up...

before, I know its the 1700+,2100+ (Thoroughbred Bs) and 2400+

ngayon ano na ba?

DarkAngel,

Saka na raw magbibill si Bunjee for his professional fees. He he. :lol: Joke. :D

Wala ako sinabi ah...

Pero grabe talaga nangyari sa bar exams no? Some people will really move heaven and earth for the privilege of entering the most "noble" profession even to the point of "soiling" themselves silly in the process. Anong tawag ni ALANIS MORISSETTE dun? Moronic? hehehe... :D

(pahabol. i couldn't edit my previous post anymore)

... and in relation to that, since we have a RP-US Extradition Treaty. Can I also choose to which country I should undergo a trial in?

Oh disclaimer: I'm not a criminal, was never suspected of committing a crime, nor am I planning to be one :)

The crime issue is one area that is still quite vague to me.

Sorry ang dami kong tanong ha.

bunjee, for all the help, I owe you one :)

MS. DARKANGEL, you don't have to worry about anything, I am not entertaining the thought that you are a closet mass-murderer... :D

Para hindi ka malito, let us separate the issues of extradition, criminal jurisdiction at citizenship.

Sa criminal jurisdiction, hindi pinag-uusapan ang Nationality. Regardless of your nationality, you will be prosecuted for a crime whereever you commit the same. Example, An American, an African, a European and a Filipino commits a crime in the Philippines, they will all be subject to Philippine penal laws. If the same group of people commit a crime in the U.S., U.S. penal laws will apply to them. YOU CANNOT CHOOSE WHERE YOU WANT TO GO ON-TRIAL. Ito ang ibig sabihin ng "jurisdiction is determined by the place of commission."

Sa Extradition naman, kung SAAN ka naka-commit ng crime, 'yung bansa na 'yun ang maghahol sa iyo para papanagutin ka sa kasalanan mo sa batas nila. Kaya sila mag-re-request sa bansa na pinagtataguan mo na ibalik ka sa bansang iyun. Again, this is regradless of your Nationality or citizenship.

Yun namang issue ng Dual Citizenship, pwede kang humingi ng tulong sa parehong bansa kasi nire-recognize kanila as one of their subjects. You have that privilege by virtue of being a citizen.

Malabo pa rin? If you have further questions, nandito lang kami.

medyo matagal din akong nawala.... with bunjee's permission, konting hirit lang po.

on criminal jurisdiction: tama si bunjee, the criminal nature of an act is determined by the place where the same was committed. this exemplifies the TERRITORIAL nature of criminal laws. precisely, whether one is a citizen, resident or an alien, he is subject to the criminal laws of the country where he is in. consequently, even if an act is considered criminal in his own country provided that he did it in a country where it is not, then, he cannot be prosecuted therefor. example, when a filipino marrries another in the US during the existence of a valid marriage solemnized here in the philippines, he cannot be prosecuted for bigamy when he comes back.

on the choice of country from where to seek help: every citizen and government has a reciprocal obligation to support and protect. citizens support the operation of the government by way of paying taxes in consideration for the protection that the government offers. having said that, more than a privilege, it is your right to seek remedies from any and all countries that recognize you as such. the fact that you are recognized by another state as their own is immaterial, hence, it does not in any way diminish such right to protection, for, to a state, what matters is that you are their own citizen, period.

hope that helped a bit.

Yup Maglalabas nga ang AMD ng 64bit processor, Athlon64, can run both 32-bit and 64 bit application, and the price is not a consumer price, ang mahal, and yes ma outperform kahit yung pinakamabilis ng intel P4 3.2GHz.

pero Intel pa rin ako for reliability, and heat issues, I dont know if they already resolved the heat in their upcoming processor.

On the topic of AMDs..........ano na ba pinaka-ok ma OC sa new AMD chips ngayon? need to catch up...

ngayon ano na ba?

Athlon XP3000+ which has a clock speed of 2.167GHz, 333MHz FSB.

DarkAngel,

Saka na raw magbibill si Bunjee for his professional fees. He he. :lol: Joke. :D

Wala ako sinabi ah...

hehehe

Oo me utang ako diyan. Makakabawi naman ako sa iyo kahit konting-konti lang di ba, bunjee?

Thanks uli sa mga explanations, bunjee. You've been so much of a tremendous help.

Thank you too, chunky. Your supporting explanations were great. :)

Edited by DarkAngel
DarkAngel,

Wala ako sinabi ah...

hehehe

Oo me utang ako diyan. Makakabawi naman ako sa iyo kahit konting-konti lang di ba, bunjee?

Thanks uli sa mga explanations, bunjee. You've been so much of a tremendous help.

Thank you too, chunky. Your supporting explanations were great. :)

Mga Panyeros:

Pag may collection dyan wag nyong kakalimutan si Butsoy... hehehehehe!

Lets not forget that the purpose of the dual citizenship law is to restore the civil and political rights of former Filipinos who were granted citizenship through naturalization by foriegn countries ( I dont know if it applies to offsprings of Filipino parents who are already above 18 years old and who acquired their foriegn citizenship by birth). Lets wait for the IRR and see how the GRP plans to implement this new law.

Bunjee, Cyber and other resident lawyers.. keep up the good work... Butsoy is just around... malapit na kayong maging law partners sa law office natin... hehehe

Hi Dark Angel!!!

Butsoy

Tama si BOSS CYBERPINOY, it is always nice to hear/read from you MASTER JEDI BUTSOY.

Yup, MS. DARKANGEL, your appreciation for the lawyers here is reward enough for all of us. ;)

Galeng mo, PARENG CHUNKY, ang dami kasing aspeto ng issue ng criminal jurisdiction. No need to seek my permission, your inputs are always welcome, especially so since they were very illustrative.

pre, baka me alam kang makukuhanan ng mas murang AMD chips.

pm me naman =)

ngayon ano na ba?

thanks,

sayang, lagpas sa budget ko yan eh

ngayon ano na ba?

please read this article.

http://www20.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030923/index.html

or go directly to the summary page :

http://www20.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030923...hlon_64-53.html

makes me wonder about the so-called "power" of the amd athlon 64.

need advice po mga experts....

ka-iinstall ko lang po ng windows XP (pirated po), just trying whether I will switch to this OS or still use the 98... ok naman ang installation, but its asking me to register it....pag di ko niregister, I can only use it for 30 days...

is it safe to register it, kahit na pirated ito. Di ho ba delikado na matrace ako ng Microsoft at mahuli using pirated software...

thanks in advance...

need advice po mga experts....

ka-iinstall ko lang po ng windows XP (pirated po), just trying whether I will switch to this OS or still use the 98... ok naman ang installation, but its asking me to register it....pag di ko niregister, I can only use it for 30 days...

is it safe to register it, kahit na pirated ito. Di ho ba delikado na matrace ako ng Microsoft at mahuli using pirated software...

thanks in advance...

Kung yung Windows XP, nag prompt na kailangan i activate through internet, most likely sasabihin dyan ay already used/activated na yung key for several times, kaya ganun din di a-allow iactivate yan, mukhang ang nakuha mo ay retail version, dapat yung corporate version para ala nang activation.

Kailangan maghanap ka ng patch/crack para matanggal yang activation mo.

I also need some clarifications, i have been working in a call center for about 7 months. our batch started last january 31 2003. and ang sabi ng company we are in a probationary period.

then last july bago kami ma-regular nag labas ang company ng memo na lahat ng na hire ng january 11 onward would not be regularized. tanong ko lang wala ba kaming habol dun, kahit nung july lang nila nilabas yung memo, hindi ba ang apektado lang dapat nun ay yung mga ma hire na july onwards.

also, we are on a contractual basis right now. and hindi na tinutuloy ng company yuns SSS dahit contractual kami. tama ba sila or what.

PLEASE HELP. WALA KASING NAG REREKLAMONG EMPLOYEE DITO KAYA SOBRANG MAKA ASTA ITONG CALL CENTER NA ITO. YUNG IBA NAG RESIGN NA LANG. E DAHIL SA HIRAP NG BUHAY NGAYUN NAPILITAN YUNG IBA NA TANGGAPIN MUNA YUNG CONTRACTUAL NA POSITION

I also need some clarifications, i have been working in a call center for about 7 months. our batch started last january 31 2003. and ang sabi ng company we are in a probationary period.

then last july bago kami ma-regular nag labas ang company ng memo na lahat ng na hire ng january 11 onward would not be regularized. tanong ko lang wala ba kaming habol dun, kahit nung july lang nila nilabas yung memo, hindi ba ang apektado lang dapat nun ay yung mga ma hire na july onwards.

also, we are on a contractual basis right now. and hindi na tinutuloy ng company yuns SSS dahit contractual kami. tama ba sila or what.

PLEASE HELP. WALA KASING NAG REREKLAMONG EMPLOYEE DITO KAYA SOBRANG MAKA ASTA ITONG CALL CENTER NA ITO. YUNG IBA NAG RESIGN NA LANG. E DAHIL SA HIRAP NG BUHAY NGAYUN NAPILITAN YUNG IBA NA TANGGAPIN MUNA YUNG CONTRACTUAL NA POSITION

Joey (hindi Marquez ha?hehehe):

If you have been working for 7 months already, may habol kayo, you are already considered as a regular employee (can you correct me on this my panyeros...) and as a regular employee you can only be dismissed from employment for lawful causes. I suggest, you just file an illegal dismissal case if you are terminated by reason that you are a contractual employee.. just pm me or any lawyer here if you need legal assistance.

on SSS matters, What I know is even is you are contractual you are entitled to SSS benefits and your mployer must remit your SSS contribution together with employers share...

Butsoy

Panyeros:

butsoy has been out of town for the past weeks... had lectures sa MCLE sa Naga and Subic and went to my home province for a much needed vacation... alam ko naman yakang yaka nyo ang pag papatakbo ng law office natin...

mag papa coffee na lang ako next week sa starbucks podium for the lawyers..

Butsoy