• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

magandang araw po sa ating mga abogadong de kampanilya, meron lamang ako nais ikonsulta, ang misis ko po ay US passport holder (american Citizen) ngunit ng nakuha nya ang US citizenship nya, hindi nya sinurender ang filipino passport nya, ibig bang sabihin ay Philippine citizen pa din sya?, or kailangan nya pa iproseso ang dual citizenship nya? nais sana nyang maging dual citizen,  magpahanggang ngayon nasa pa ang p\Philippine passport nya, kakarenew lang nya ng passport ngayong enero, valid ba ito?, Salamat po sa maagap na kasagutan

kaibigang johndoe, ang sagot sa iyong katanunga ay depende kung paano nabigyan ng US passport ang iyong asawa. kung ito ay dahil ipinanganak siya dito sa US o di kaya ang isa sa mga magulang nya ay US citizen, sya ay US citizen by birth. at kung kasabay nito, (at least) isa sa kanyang mga magulang ay Pilipino, siya rin ay Filipino citizen. hindi mawawalang bisa ang kanyan Pinoy passport dahilan na sya ay nabigyan ng US passport. sa madaling sabi, siya ay tinatawag na dual citizen.

kapag halimbawa nakuha nya ang US passport sa pamamagitan ng naturalization, ayon sa ating batas, nawala ang kanyang pagiging Pilipino sabay ng pagsumpa nya nga katapatan sa banyagang watawat. ganunpaman, noong taong 2003 ipinasa ang Republic Act 9225 o kung tawagin ay ang Citizenship Retention and Re-Acquisition Act na nagsasabing maaring makuhang muli ang pagiging Pilipino ng asawa mo kapag siya ay nag-file ng petition for reaquisition of Filipino citizenship at siya ay manumpa ng katapatan sa ating watawat.

ang ating gobyerno ay may website para sa mga katanungan tunko dito: (http://www.gov.ph/faqs/dualcitizenship.asp)

Where do I apply for re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship if I am in the Philippines?

A former natural-born Filipino citizen who is already in the Philippines and registered in the Bureau of Immigration shall file a petition under oath to the Commissioner of Immigration for the cancellation of the Alien Certicate of Registration (ACR) and issuance of an Identification Certificate (IC) as the case may be, under RA 9225.

A former natural-born citizen who is already in the Philippines but has not registered with the BI within 60 days from date of arrival shall file a petition under oath to the Commissioner of Immigration for the issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

Where do I apply for re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship if I am overseas?

A former natural-born citizen who is abroad but is a BI-registered alien shall file a petition under oath to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate for evaluation. Thereafter, the Embassy or Consulate shall forward the entire records to the Commissioner of Immigration for the cancellation of the ACR and issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

A former natural-born citizen who is abroad and is not a BI-registered alien shall file a petition under oath to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate for the issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

What is the Oath of Allegiance?

The Oath of Allegiance is the final act that confers Philippine citizenship. It reads as follows:

"I,________________, solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and obey the laws and local orders promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Philippines, and I hereby declare that I recognise and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto, and that I impose this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion."

sanay kahit papano ay nabigyang linaw ang iyong katanungan.

Gud pm everyone!!! Can u please refer me to a computer shop that repairs laptops. my problem is that the laptop screen keeps on flickering. i have this problem for a long time already but after several minutes after starting up it would return to normal. but starting this week it would not stop flickering. can i ask also how much would it cost me? thanks a million! :)

Bro this maybe a bit too late but here goes... If you're on a low budget you can try this shop who specializes sa laptops. They sell second hand units also, in good condition. The name of the shop is Time Century, it is located sa may buendia... if you're interested PM me na lang so I can send you the details (bawal kasi dito mag post ng number eh :) )

I hope this helps :headsetsmiley:

hello everyone,

i just established a small business and i wanted to setup a soho network, can someone help me with the setup? preferrably microsoft os.

or could you share a reading material so as to familiarize myself with it.

thanks

What OS in particular? workgroup or client-server setup?

a bit late for the reply,but check this out:

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/index.asp

Maraming salamat sa pagtugon mo sa aking katanungan TEE CUP, Ang asawa ko ay naturalize US citizen. ang ibig sabihin ba nito ay nawala na ang kanyang Filipino Citizenship? Ang lagay kasi eh magpahanggang ngayon meron pa rin syang Philippine passport, ibig bang sabihin nito ay invalido na ang kanyang pasaporte? ( ang pasaporte nya ay bagong renew lang ngayong taon, tanda ba ito na Valido pa rin ang pagiging Pinoy nya) alin ang masusunod??? maari ba kaming magkonsulta ng p[ersonal sa isang immigration Lawyer??? pwede ka ba? o baka meron kang mairekomenda. Maraming salamat muli sayong oras

my friend and I bought a PC last year with the following specs:

Athlon XP 2500+

MSI K7N2Delta-L

256 PC400 DDR

40GB Maxtor 7200rpm

Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128MB

some black casing with 350W PSU worth between 1-1.5K

logiteck kb/mouse combo worth 600-800+

if one gets the video card and ram, and the other gets the rest, do you consider that an even split?

which would you choose?

my friend and I bought a PC last year with the following specs:

Athlon XP 2500+ 4.7k

MSI K7N2Delta-L 3.9k

256 PC400 DDR 2.3k

40GB Maxtor 7200rpm 3k

Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128MB 9.55k

some black casing with 350W PSU worth between 1-1.5K

logiteck kb/mouse combo worth 600-800+

if one gets the video card and ram, and the other gets the rest, do you consider that an even split?

which would you choose?

ive put up an oct '04 pricing on the items, you be the judge on what is an even split!

Thanks!

I got all the drivers I need from their PanAm website.

I also noted this:  Flash BIOS v1.16-  Launch this Windows flashable BIOS from within the Windows operating system to flash the BIOS to version 1.16.

What is this flash bios? If ever I launch this, is this reversible?

The BIOS is the software that makes your laptop able to boot-up and see the CPU, harddrive, diskdrive, etc. BEFORE the operating system actually launches. :goatee: If you're not a power-user and currently not experiencing any MAJOR problems with your laptop as of right now, I would advise AGAINST flashing your BIOS. :) It is reversible in some instances but if you experience a power failure WHILE flashing your BIOS, your laptop WILL NOT BOOT-UP AGAIN. :cry: (at least if it doesn't have a BIOS flash recovery feature) You have been warned... :headsetsmiley:

Can anyone fix this? Our monitor's color is green lately. I haven't done anything to the monitor like the drivers, etc., why should I do the revert it back to the original color?

Windows 98, Intel Celeron here!

Is it an old monitor? If it is, it may be in need of maintenance although I myself would buy a new monitor since that would signal that it's nearing the end of its useful life. :( It is in no way connected to your other hardware/software (unless the monitor cable got loose or something :P ).

i have this problem in my pc... i'm using my win98se but every time i write the autoexec.bat adn restart my pc... the file autoexec.bat was not in the drive...  parating nawawala yung autoexec.bat kapag nirestart yung pc after makagawa ng batch file...  ano sa tingin nyo?

Hmmm...interesting...maybe your hard drive has a read-only security feature just like the UST Faculty of Engineering's computers...every time I try changing something, it all goes away after I reboot the computer! Amazing isn't it? :cool: Anyway, it may also be that there's a virus (yeah right, blame the virus... :P ) in your computer. You may just have to investigate this further. (I for one, would like to get my hands on the software on the Faculty of Engineering's harddrives...it would be very useful against some people who keep changing my settings here at the cyber cafe I'm surfing at... :evil: ) :headsetsmiley:

Can anyone fix this? Our monitor's color is green lately. I haven't done anything to the monitor like the drivers, etc., why should I do the revert it back to the original color?

have the monitor checked by a qualified/experienced technician (i.e. tv/monitor technician), checking and opening it yourself is quite risky (and dangerous too) :boo:

i think your monitor has a problem with one of its electronic components (must be an IC device ) :headsetsmiley:

try to have it checked sa gilmore ave., a service center located on the 2nd floor of a bldg in front of st. paul college, magaling sila and they dont charge much...mine got fixed less than half a day, usually transistor lang ang problem or an ic component...good luck bro :)

Maraming salamat sa pagtugon mo sa aking katanungan TEE CUP, Ang asawa ko ay naturalize US citizen.  ang ibig sabihin ba nito ay nawala na ang kanyang Filipino Citizenship?  Ang lagay kasi eh magpahanggang ngayon meron pa rin syang Philippine passport, ibig bang sabihin nito ay invalido na ang kanyang pasaporte? ( ang pasaporte nya ay bagong renew lang ngayong taon, tanda ba ito na Valido pa rin ang pagiging Pinoy nya)  alin ang masusunod???  maari ba kaming magkonsulta ng p[ersonal sa isang immigration Lawyer??? pwede ka ba? o baka meron kang mairekomenda.  Maraming salamat muli sayong oras

maraming may Philippine passport na hindi naman tunay o hindi na Pilipino (tulad ng mga Filshams sa PBA). ang pagbibigay o pagrenew ng passport ay hindi sapat upang maibalik ang Philippine citizenship ng iyong asawa na nawala nang sya ay nanumpa ng katapatan sa ibang bansa. ito ay dahil hindi obligado ang Estados Unidos na ipaalam sa ating pamahalaan na siya ay nanumpa na bilang US citizen.

hindi mo kailangang sumangguni sa isang US immigration lawyer dahil ang tinatanong dito ay ang kanyang Philippine citizenship. kung nasa US ang iyong asawa ay maari ko syang tulungan para makapag-petition dito sa Philippine consular office. kung nasa Pilipinas naman, maari syang komunsulta sa isang abogado na nakabase dyan sa Pilipinas upang maihanda ang kanyang petition.

maraming may Philippine passport na hindi naman tunay o hindi na Pilipino (tulad ng mga Filshams sa PBA).  ang pagbibigay o pagrenew ng passport ay hindi sapat upang maibalik ang Philippine citizenship ng iyong asawa na nawala nang sya ay nanumpa ng katapatan sa ibang bansa.  ito ay dahil hindi obligado ang Estados Unidos na ipaalam sa ating pamahalaan na siya ay nanumpa na bilang US citizen. 

hindi mo kailangang sumangguni sa isang US immigration lawyer dahil ang tinatanong dito ay ang kanyang Philippine citizenship.  kung nasa US ang iyong asawa ay maari ko syang tulungan para makapag-petition dito sa Philippine consular office.  kung nasa Pilipinas naman, maari syang komunsulta sa isang abogado na nakabase dyan sa Pilipinas upang maihanda ang kanyang petition.

Maraming salamat muli sa iyong pagtugon sa aking katanungan, ngayon ay malinaw ang lahat sa akin, Dapat ko pala iparecognize muli ang Filipino citizenship ng aking asawa, sya ay naririto ngayon sa Pilipinas, sa mga kasama nating mga abogado de kampanilya meron po ba kayong mairekomenda para magmatulungan akong maglakad ng papeles?, salamat kaibigang Tee Cup

maraming may Philippine passport na hindi naman tunay o hindi na Pilipino (tulad ng mga Filshams sa PBA).  ang pagbibigay o pagrenew ng passport ay hindi sapat upang maibalik ang Philippine citizenship ng iyong asawa na nawala nang sya ay nanumpa ng katapatan sa ibang bansa.  ito ay dahil hindi obligado ang Estados Unidos na ipaalam sa ating pamahalaan na siya ay nanumpa na bilang US citizen. 

hindi mo kailangang sumangguni sa isang US immigration lawyer dahil ang tinatanong dito ay ang kanyang Philippine citizenship.  kung nasa US ang iyong asawa ay maari ko syang tulungan para makapag-petition dito sa Philippine consular office.  kung nasa Pilipinas naman, maari syang komunsulta sa isang abogado na nakabase dyan sa Pilipinas upang maihanda ang kanyang petition.

Kaunting paglilinaw lang po, hindi naman po alam ng pamahalaan natin na meron na syang US citenship at di nya sinuko ang kanyang pasaporte, hindi ba ibig sabihin nito ay pinoy pa rin sya?