Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

:) :) ANNOUNCEMENT! :) :)

MTC Adults' Choice Awards!

x-mas party • awards night • new year's party

December 29, 2003 (Mon. 9pm)

The Basement, Eastwood City, Libis (CityWalk)

3 celebrations, 1 BIG event!

F R E E - E N T R A N C E

Beers at P65

Guys, see you on Monday!

!! We will have eheads' Raymond Marasigan + <S>andwich !!

!!We will also have 6cyclemind, NU107's Rock Band of the

year!!

These Recording Artists will be playing for us!

PULP Magazine will be there! El Gimikero will be there!

Teaz will be there!

There will be raffles of Gift Certificates from SKYLINE,

Hotel Accomodations from CebuCityLocal, Teaz Promo Stuff.

Everybodys invited Newbies and Oldies alike, You can bring

all your non-MTC member friends!

Did i mention that i will be giving away group awards, thread awards, room awards? :)

Friends, please come on Monday, 29th, Its really gonna be

fun! Bring your buddies! This is my gift to you guys! See

you all there! - BizMan

(this is OT pero what the heck)

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc: :mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

:cool:

teka tulog muna ako!!!

Guys need your help again... I have a problem with my Internet Explorer.

Last night while i am browsing at yahoo while chatting via the yahoo messenger with a friend my screen suddenly hangs so i bring up the windows task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del , then i click on the applications and then click on Internet Explorer then click "End Task" after that a new window pop up and it says "Program not responding" then i click on "end now" after that i went to close all remaining applications and then i reboot(restart) the system.

After restarting the system and back on my deskstop the unthinkable happens, Not one, not two, not three, but fifty five (55) internet explorer windows automatically started up and it went to a page with the headings "W32 something something..." I didnt get to read it coz the whole system and screen is going berserk so i quickly press Ctrl+W as many times as i can to close all the internet explorer windows but it didnt respond at all...

So i started the windows task manager again and i click on the Internet explorer on the applications and then click on "End Task" still the same thing happens, It says "program not responding" so i just click on "End now". then i restarted the system again. now when i click on the Internet Explorer nothing happens... it appears like it is starting up but it didn't.

(just like the normal one when you double click on an icon to start it up a small icon appears besides the pointer of the mouse indicating that the application is being started) after that nothing happens...

I have checked everything and run a full system scan to check if there is a virus but i didn't find any.

Have anyone of you encountered the same problem too? and is it possible to remove/uninstall the Internet Explorer and download it and install it again? by the way my OS is windows XP and i am currently using Netscape as my backup browser. thanks for your time and help! Happy new year! :blush:

:P is your xp fully upgraded with all the critical updates?

coz there are some issues that the updates solve...matagal tagal din yan most specially if your a modem user like me. :lol: :D a good four hours din na dl yan.

wonder why microsoft never issued and upadated version of the xp with all the past upgrades and then some.

ur not using kazaa are you? its uses up 100% cpu processing. gagapang at gagapang talaga...

:P is your xp fully upgraded with all the critical updates?

coz there are some issues that the updates solve...matagal tagal din yan most specially if your a modem user like me. :lol: :D a good four hours din na dl yan.

wonder why microsoft never issued and upadated version of the xp with all the past upgrades and then some.

ur not using kazaa are you? its uses up 100% cpu processing. gagapang at gagapang talaga...

Ummm yeah i have all the updates installed on my pc... and i am a kazaa lite user but it is not running on the backround coz i configured it no to automaticallly start up if the windows is started...

Wonder what happened with this one... :grr:

Are u using Norton or McAfee? uninstall those two. Install AVG instead, download the 6Mb freeware at Grisoft.com believe me, its way better than those two.

I dont use Norton or Mcafee anymore, even their 2004 versions didnt match up with the anti virus abilities of AVG. imagine, 6Mb lang..Norton is like 200-300Mb yata.

About your IE, yes, u can uninstall it. run Add remove programs, windows components then uncheck IE. Complete task.

Netscape 7.1 is way better than IE. Dont settle for that trash.

Are u using Norton or McAfee? uninstall those two. Install AVG instead, download the 6Mb freeware at Grisoft.com believe me, its way better than those two.

I dont use Norton or Mcafee anymore, even their 2004 versions didnt match up with the anti virus abilities of AVG. imagine, 6Mb lang..Norton is like 200-300Mb yata.

About your IE, yes, u can uninstall it. run Add remove programs, windows components then uncheck IE. Complete task.

Thanks buddy but why is it when i am using the netscape browser to download a file from all websites, an error window pops up and says

"C:\docume~1\admin\locals~1temp\klfuxaqv.exe could not the be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again, or contact the server administrator"

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

saan ba yang corolla na yan??

mura naman.

:lol:

:D Ur right bro. Mahal nga ng PC

Here's d' thing if your buying a pc... 1. You must know what is a need and what is a want... 2. Best Bang For the Buck 3. You must know the market value after 5 years. Too expensive for me but its your money naman... AMd ok na yun, Bili ko na lang ng kotse...

Try to check your system properties kung tama lahat. If everything else fails. Try to re-install windows baka may nasirang file lang... Just give us some updates. ;)

Its ok now buddy... i have uninstalled my internet explorer and now i am using netscape heheheh..... i just don't know what will happen if i reinstall the internet explorer. :D thanks! :mtc:

from the way your PC behaves, I think you've been infected by a worm. Best thing to do is copy the setup files of Netscape 7.1, burn it into a disc, remount your partition, reformat, then re-install windows.

You can only use the setup files of Netscape to install it ONLY when u are ONLINE.

download AVG first, chances are, your PC has a party of worms, trojans and viruses unseen by NAV and McAfee. Burn it into a disc.

Install AVG immediately after reinstalling windows.

Netscape 7.1 is the best for me. Its the best in features and the program was well thought of with user in mind.

But the choice still rests upon you.

Which Browser Do You Think Is Much Better? And Why?!

A: Netscape 7.1

B: Internet Explorer 6

C: Opera

D: Others (Pls Specify)

:mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :cool:

im using Opera 7.2 for surfing. Mron din ako Netscape 7.1 as a backup for sites n hdi maload ng maayos or tinotopak pg opera ang ginamit(like www.manilatonight.com).

Yep, Go Netscape!!! or Opera!!! basta wag k n mg IE!!! hehe.

hhmm.. havent tried that AVG. been using norton AV for a couple of years na, it once saved me from viruses so im sticking to it. pero muntik n akong mainfect ng worm.blaster n virus kse hdi n detect ng norton yung infected applicaiton pero ndetect nya yung worm bago sya kumalat. anyways dont trust attachments from emails na hdi mo kilala.

Which Browser Do You Think Is Much Better? And Why?!

A: Netscape 7.1

B: Internet Explorer 6

C: Opera

D: Others (Pls Specify)

:mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :cool:

i use IE with no problems (well...paminsan-minsan.... ;) )

secondary browsers:

Avant Browser -- tab windows

Netscape -- kapag ayaw sa IE lalo na java applets minsan

Opera -- ok lng pero has some problems with some sites

i think it's best to have at least 2 anti-virus installed on ur system.

u don' have to run them at the same time. one will be used mainly to do a manual scan to check for any virus that ur 1st av missed.

ei guys, athlon or pentium? was gonna go for pentiumIV na 3 gig up with hyperthreading, plano ko sana padal from states pero practical ba? lalo na with warranty and stuff :(

suggestion lang ito tol, go for 3 gigs with the threading, it's good stuff for your unit, but check first kung ga'no ka tagal ang warranty and ano specifications ng warranty nila...baka ayusin lang at di palitan ikaw din ang kawawa, just make sure that the shop you're goin to buy your unit would be "we replace damage parts". longest sa alam ko sa warranty is 1 month to a year. pero hirap na mag hanap ng 1 year nyan...good luck nalnag din sa unit mo!