Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

My cd drive always opens up after i insert a cd, and sometimes closes automatically even before i click the open/close button from the drive.

can anyone suggest how am i going to eliminate this problem, the cd drive is already included in the package of the pc that i just bought last november.

since november lang pala, return it for a replacement. you'll just waste your time fixing it..

if possible, papalitan mo ng brand.. try doing some intimidation on the seller hehehhee..

the best brands for a cd-rom are: ASUS, Sony, lite-on stick to these three..

,May 31 2003, 06:42 PM] i have a problem with my pc,laging naghahang!!

Hirap hanapin source ng problema nyan. Pwede hardware or software. Hirap pa naman ayusin kung software prob dahil kahit anu pang uninstall mo may naiiwan pa ring basura na info sa registry. Kapag software prob ginagawa ko format re-install eh.

Kung importante data mo, check mo muna hardware tulad ng bos settings, memory (baka defective yung memory card), kung may conflicts, problema sa device drivers, etc.

Kung may paglilipatan ka ng laman ng HDD, format mo na para sigurado ka malinis ang registry. Kung Win OS pa lang nagloloko na try mo ulit format install. Kung nagloloko pa rin either may diperensya Win installer mo or hardware settings/devices prob na yan. Pag-install ng drivers, check mo kung magloko, same with application software later on.

Edited by leinad31

every time i read any thead d2, may sumusulpot. "A runtime error has occured. do you wish to debug? Line 51 'document.replier.bbmode.1 is null or not an object". ano to? may prob ba browser ko? o sa security settings lng ng browser. im using IE6 in win9se. thnx.

i have some BAD CLUSTERsa hard disk ko. patanong - mare-repair p ba yun? :(

Dati may msdos software na kayang unmark ang bad clusters kung kaya pa mag-read/write sa cluster. Kung ako sa iyo hayaan mo na, kaysa malagyan ng mahalagang file tapos magiging corrupted bigla ang file dahil tuluyan nang nasira ang cluster. Ang importante hindi dumadami ang bad clusters.

Kung mapansin mo na nadadagdagan ang bad clusters everytime you run your computer may nag-crash nang HDD read/write head. Salvage whatever data you can salvage. Buy a new HDD.

meron pa akong tanong. ano suggest nyo na cheapest speaker system na pwede sa Pc at sa Playstation2? optical cable kc kailangan sa ps2 eh.

May audio out pin naman ang kabilang dulo ng playstation cable di bah? Kasama ng video out at isa pang pin. Cheapest is to connect it to your existing Hi-Fi, stereo system, or home entertainment system. :) Ganun ginawa ko sa PC eh, kinabit ko na lang sa Hi-Fi sa room ko kaysa kuha pa ako speaker system. :) Pwera na lang kung gusto mo magka-Altec Lansing, etc talaga. :)

meron pa akong tanong. ano suggest nyo na cheapest speaker system na pwede sa Pc at sa Playstation2? optical cable kc kailangan sa ps2 eh.

try mo Logitech Z-680 dts/ thx speaker system.. 19T lang to yung klipsch na may optical is around 27..

wala pa akong nakitang may mas mababa pa sa 19T na may optical...

Logitech ang best Pc speaker in the world now in terms of performance:value ratio.

pre try mo rin mag-post sa tipidpc.com and bidshot.com

good luck!

Naku hindi advisable doon you may end up selling your rig with almost two-third or worse half the present retail price regardless of the brand. Anyway, try to sell from your relatives na lang para hindi masyadong nakakahinayang. Good luck na rin. :)

every time i read any thead d2, may sumusulpot. "A runtime error has occured. do you wish to debug? Line 51 'document.replier.bbmode.1 is null or not an object". ano to? may prob ba browser ko? o sa security settings lng ng browser. im using IE6 in win9se. thnx.

1. punta ka sa control panel

2. click "internet option" settings then

3. sa advanced tab then

4. check mo yung "disable script debugging"

5. click ok.

i have some BAD CLUSTERsa hard disk ko. patanong - mare-repair p ba yun? :(

It depends sa cause ng bad sector. If it is only an error created by bugs or virus, it could be easily removed by a low level hex editing program. You could manually trace and remove the bad cluster or salvage all your data and zero fill in the file allocation table. If after another diagnostic run the bad cluster appears again, it is probably a physical error.

Spreading of the bad cluster are imminent because the spindle will always misalign and may damage the disk more after passing through the damaged area of the disk. A solution to minimize the spread of the bad sector is by partitioning. List the physical address of the disk that has a bad mark then make a partition that the bad marks will become useless. (Example I have a 10GB hard disk with bad cluster between 7,000,000,001 and 7,000,258,000. Set a partition drive c: at 1st byte to 7,000,000,000th byte and logical drive d: from 7,000,258,001st byte to 10,000,000,000th byte.) These method will reduce the spread of your bad sector and may prolong your hard disks life.

It usually happens if you have not have a java plug-in installed in your MSIE.

If you could not update your operating system because of your current product key, try this...

On the pull down menu look for Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Uncheck Disable script debugging. :)

hi, techies. :D hope you can help me out on my desktop dilemma.

i'm having a real slowdown in home pc. perhaps maybe due to the almost full HDD w/c is already 70% occupied. could that be it maybe?

some 2-cents worth of input would be greatly appreciated here.

thankies a lot!

hello techies,

where can i get this? firmware version 2.3.3 it's a driver for an external firewire drive of the powerbook. the enclosed CD with the link brought me to a dead spot. Wala na dun.

It's for the macintosh...

What's the best capture card for video editing? Any idea? Di pa kaya ang bumili ng dual processor e kaya mag wi-windows base na muna.

Salamat

hi, techies.  :D  hope you can help me out on my desktop dilemma.

i'm having a real slowdown in home pc. perhaps maybe due to the almost full HDD w/c is already 70% occupied. could that be it maybe?

thankies a lot!

I think we should not account the percentage occupied rather the free space of our hard disk in megabytes. If we are using a Win98/ME, we should try to free up at least 300MB for the windows virtual memory. A 1-1.2gb hdd should be alarmed when they are using 70% of the disk space. For Win NT/2k/XP users, at least 500mb should be freed up and more MBs to users who frequently back up their system by making a restore point especially for Win XP pro users.

Better do a regular system maintenance like cache/recycle bin/temporary internet file cleaning to fix the problem. If you still encounter slow downs, make regular updates from your anti-virus programs or if It still persists, you may need to add some memory to your system. :)

Edited by Turol
hello techies,

where can i get this? firmware version 2.3.3 it's a driver for an external firewire drive of the powerbook. the enclosed CD with the link brought me to a dead spot. Wala na dun.

What's the best capture card for video editing? Any idea? Di pa kaya ang bumili ng dual processor e kaya mag wi-windows base na muna.

Salamat

Try to visit this site: http://www.apple.com/

Try mo na rin dito http://download.com.com/2001-20-0.html?legacy=cnet

Sa best capture cards, pls check sa previous post baka makatulong. :)

hello techies,

Salamat

hey glad theres another mac user here...

are u running os x?

bago pa lang din ako sa mac...

pero my co-worker might be able to help...

kaka-switch ko lang a couple of months ago...

i have the dual 1.42 ghz powermac...

it's great for video editing...

made a couple of dvd's to test it out...

sa ngayon eh i'm transferring my wedding video into dvd...

try www.macupdate.com

Edited by phoenix619
hi, techies.  :D  hope you can help me out on my desktop dilemma.

thankies a lot!

hi, angstywin! :)

know what, you can make the most out of this thread by being very specific, eg, how slow is the "real slowdown" you're having now, compared to before? did you experience this slowdown after installing some software? what's your operating system? what's your cpu model and rated speed? how much RAM do you have installed? what applications (apps) are you running? what's the size of your hard drive? is it partitioned (ie, you physically have 1 drive, but you have drive C:, D: [not your CD drive], etc.)? is your video subsystem on-board? how much RAM is it using?

some general tips nonetheless:

- the physical contents of your HDD ("70% occupied") by itself doesn't necessarily cause slowdown. just make it a point to defragment it at least once a month, AND before installing new software (especially those that eat up 20+ megabytes), AND after cleaning up or deleting unwanted files or apps. you can do this in windows by choosing Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Defragmenter. or you can use any third-party app that does the same thing, eg, Norton Speed Disk.

- check what apps automatically load into your system whenever you start up your pc--you'll see most of them in your taskbar thru their icons next to the system clock, eg, RealOne, MusicMatch Jukebox, QuickTime, Norton AntiVirus, Zinio, AOL Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, WeatherBug, WinZip, APC UPS, Pocket PC PDA, etc.; you must decide if you really need these to be "resident" in your system for you to do your work effectively. otherwise, take them out coz they take up CPU and RAM resources. they can be launched from the Start> Programs> ... route anyway. with my system (outdated by today's standards :boo: ), for instance, i only allow my anti-virus app to be resident; but i take out even that when i do graphics authoring.

- a jpg or animated wallpaper, an animated mouse cursor and a desktop multi-media/sound scheme will cause some degree of slowdown too. see if you can live with the plain vanilla defaults.

hope this helps for now... :flower:

tips for peeps

when you ask for help plz tell as much as possible of the ff.

1. your Operating System (windows version (3.1, 95, 98, Me, 2K, XP home/ Pro), or OS version for Mac)

2. your processor speed and RAM(memory ) size.

3. harddisk size

4. any other info you deem necessary...

5. your problem..

this way we can help each other better.. thanks..

May audio out pin naman ang kabilang dulo ng playstation cable di bah? Kasama ng video out at isa pang pin. Cheapest is to connect it to your existing Hi-Fi, stereo system, or home entertainment system. :) Ganun ginawa ko sa PC eh, kinabit ko na lang sa Hi-Fi sa room ko kaysa kuha pa ako speaker system. :) Pwera na lang kung gusto mo magka-Altec Lansing, etc talaga. :)

yep. tama ka pre. ganun din ginawa ko sa pc ko eh. :P hehehe

pero para magamit mo yung "dts/dolby digital ek-ek" features ng ps2 (like the sound systems used sa mga mamahaling cinemas/home theaters), dapat digital speakers ang gamit. yung at least 4.1 speakers.

Tama ka, yung mga tamang Altec-lansing hinahanap ko. Pero so far, wala pa akong nakikitang Altec na ganun, puro analog lang nakikita ko d2 sa pinas. Meron ako nakita, gawa ng Creative (i forgot the model code), 5.1 system sya, price tag nya about 16K. WOW! :boo: Mas mahal pa sa PS2! :blink:

Kaya napag-isip-isip ko speaker na lang ng tv gagamitin ko. :lol: Unless may cheaper version akong nakita.

Pero imaginin mo, maglalaro ka ng Silent Hill 2 late at night, ikaw na lang gising, patay pa ilaw, tapos ganun sound system mo. wow, baka hindi ka na makatulog afterwards. :P

Salamat pre. ;)