Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hi, what cases can be filled for non payment of cellphone bills? account has been called for termination with a cell co. due to stolen phone but failed to pay the previous balance due an emergency where owner had to go to the province. the balance was P1K+++ then. it was at the end of contract so didnt continue with their services anymore. got bak from the province, co. was asking pay P5K+++ already because they said that they still charge monthly fee for the line that wasnt even been used!!! they said they didnt cut the line because there was a balance even line isnt used and a call was made to have it cut. and another thing, the co. is harassing the owner telling that if she doesnt pay up, they will charge pre-term.. for what??? please advice. thanks!

computer guru, possible po ba na lagyan ng password ang isang folder? except from hiding it. para maging protected sya kahit sino gumamit ng pc.

salamat po

Yes there are some apps to protect folders

Here are some links

http://www.password-protect-software.com/

http://www.everstrike.com/

http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/232

Edited by kUrTsKY
hi, what cases can be filled for non payment of cellphone bills? account has been called for termination with a cell co. due to stolen phone but failed to pay the previous balance due an emergency where owner had to go to the province. the balance was P1K+++ then. it was at the end of contract so didnt continue with their services anymore. got bak from the province, co. was asking pay P5K+++ already because they said that they still charge monthly fee for the line that wasnt even been used!!! they said they didnt cut the line because there was a balance even line isnt used and a call was made to have it cut. and another thing, the co. is harassing the owner telling that if she doesnt pay up, they will charge pre-term.. for what??? please advice. thanks!

IMHO, a civil case for "collection of sum of money" might be filed by the company against the subscriber. Its nothing serious but might cause inconvenience to both parties. In the worse case scenario, you'll just end up paying a little more than what they are asking about a couple of years later .

Don't worry so much co'z its really doubtful that the company would go all the way to court just to collect a relatively small amount. Litigation in court requires a substantial amount of money, time, and effort which is usually enough to discourage most people. I haven't heard anybody being sued in court for non-payment of phone bills. In most cases they just write it off as a bad debt and the subscriber being noted as having a bad record.

After the harrassing phone calls (demanding that you pay up) you can expect at least 2 more tricks from their sleeves: a demand letter and/or an offer of compromise (like signing a promissory note or a deferred payment scheme). Still, even at this stage, I think you can still afford to ignore their pleas and just go find yourself another company to subscribe with.

I'm using winxp.I keep getting virtual memory too low msg.I already end task some processes. I have only opened 3 programs MSN.SKYPE and FIREFOX but it's already eating up my CPU usage! I have a lot of free spaces in my computer's memory. Something is eating up the RAM..could it be the video card? I have an on board card..you think it would help if i buy an external card?I also attached a screenshot of my cpu usage.Any advice to free my RAM space???? Thanks in advance ^^ post-73288-1144026802.jpg

well it seems that your page file is almost used up. try increasing the page file. go to control panel > system > advanced > performance settings > advanced > click change button for the virtual memory > set the initial and maximum page file to 1.5 x the total amount of physical memory/RAM you have in your PC > click set > click ok until all windows have been closed > restart the computer

likewise, you might wanna try some advanced configuration such as disabling unnecessary Windows XP services, unneeded startup programs/files, check for possible spyware which can cause a spike on memory/cpu usage.

RE: IN NEED of LAWYER for the annulment case

mga atty.,

need help here. kailangan ko ng magpalit ng attorney that will handle my case to speed up my annulment case.

Eto ang scenario ko:

yung asawa ko, nagfile ng abandonment 2 years ago tapos nagkarun agreement to settle the case. financial support ang hiningi ng lawyer kaya lang yung hinihingi eh di ko pa kaya nun kaya kinausap ko wife ko baka pwede babaan kaya lang nag-demand pa ng mas malaki. Yung lawyer nya nabayaran ko na ng buo. na-delay ang processing ng abandonment case ko kasi nga ndi kami magkasundo sa financial support.

ngayon, gusto ko na ulit ituloy ang pag-clear ng case ko and the annulment kaya lang employed na lawyer ko kaya ndi nya na mahandle case ko. may problema lang ng konti kasi nakita ako ng wife ko na may kasamang ibang babae.

really need help.

thanks.

pahabol...

since you have an onboard video card, YES, it also uses your physical ram. it takes 4MB of your RAM. i do recommend buying a video card for that matter. :)

but then, make sure that you also make adjustments to your pagefile. (see previous post)

I set the page file to 100 ...would that be fine? well the original size was 96.. do i sound stupid that i set it to 100?hahah 1.5 wont take the variable. should i set it higher?

rstranger,

saan nakafile ang kaso mo?

sa makati nakafile ang abandonment case ko. yung annulment ndi pa nasisimulan. sabi ng dati kong lawyer, kailangan ma-clear out muna ako sa case bago mag-proceed with the annulment. kailangan ko magaling and experienced na lawyer kasi ang lawyer ng wife ko eh Sec General ng women's group(dunno the exact name of the group) at sana reasonable yung price.

Hmm here goes my prob again

Burned a DVD downoaded from the net to generic DVD (10 pesos)

Then all of a sudden it stops playing near the end sometimes it will and choppy ung picture

But when I play it on my PC DVD writer it worls flawlessly and perfect

Any suggestions?

Burned it at 1x already

Well... the best out there is still Plextor, but you can only buy it outside the Philippines, other than that, you can opt for Pioneer, then Lite-on. :D

But the one at fault is not your dvd burner, its your dvd :D My suggestion is to buy a Divx capable DVD (if you can, buy the Pioneer or any branded Divx capable DVD Players) so you can watch the movie w/o conversion :D Watch more episodes in one disc plus it can reac generic dvd's well :D

help po, nagcrash kasi laptop hd ko tapos ayaw na siya magboot pero nababasa naman yung hd pag kinabitan ko ng ide to usb cable.. problem ko, may gusto sana ako kunin na files sa isang user account pero may password yung account na iyon, may paraan po ba para makuha ko yung files na iyon?

tnx in advance..

help po, nagcrash kasi laptop hd ko tapos ayaw na siya magboot pero nababasa naman yung hd pag kinabitan ko ng ide to usb cable.. problem ko, may gusto sana ako kunin na files sa isang user account pero may password yung account na iyon, may paraan po ba para makuha ko yung files na iyon?

tnx in advance..

well nasa hdd pa rin naman yung file so kung pwede ma set as slave yung harddisk na yun ma recover mo pa rin yung file. (unless ginamitan ng windows encryption, malabo na makuha un).

anyway from the top of my head here's what you could do.

#1.

try to repair windows first

#2.

try to reinstall windows without reformatting your drive.

#3.

if you really can't get windows to work you could do this as a last resort.

you could buy one of those USB-harddrive cases (around 400 bucks), remove the laptop harddrive and put it on the USB case.

plug the USB case on a USB port on a different PC and access it there.

Need your advice on this :

We live in a compound which has been subdivided and titled separately. Now, a neighbor living beside the compound is saying that a certain part of his lot has been occupied by one of the subdivided sections. He now wants the WHOLE compound be surveyed to justify his cause. My question is, our section is not affected by his complaint, do we have to subject to his demand ? It is actually our cousin's section that is the subject of the complaint.

another thing, no formal complaint has been raised yet. do you suggest that the case be brought to court, or just the so-called "friendly-neighbor-settlement" ?

thanks !