Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guys, I need your opinion. I've had my current PC since December 2002. Pentium 4, 256 mb Memory. Nauna nang nag-crash yung hard drive niya mga three years ago but it was still workable so I kept it and still am using it mainly storage for files and not to store the systems. I was wondering which would be a better move, to upgrade the parts or to buy a new PC altogether. Outdated na kasi yung ilang parts niya pero madali naman bilhan (DVD-rom, Graphic card). Am I better off with a new PC para lahat ng parts bago and hindi masayang yung mga upgraded parts ko kapag nasira na kalumaan yung original parts. Your opinions please....

kung marami kang iu-upgrade, baka naman mas mahal o pantay na sa bagong PC yun sir? suhestiyon ko kuwenta muna, kung ang magagastos nyo ay wala pa sa kalahati ng bago, upgrade. kung 75% na ng presyo ng bago, bago nalang?

sa kabilang banda, kung word processing ang ginagawa nyo po, kahit bilhan mo nalang ng bagong hard disk. tipid pa :lol:

Kanina habang naglalakad ako sa my St. Francis my nakita akong nagaayos ng mga cellphone booth. Nakita ko yung PC niya yung background wallpaper niya eh movie. Meron po ba dito may alam kung panu niya nagawa yun?

Sorry for this :mtc:

Naaliw lang ako.. :mtc:

Thanks in advance

He may be using Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. There's an addon/plugin that's only available for Ultimate Edition users that enables you to use a movie file as a background wallpaper. :headsetsmiley:

I plan to back up my HD so I can do a full reinstall of Windows.

MY current problem:

I need to get all my spread out documents and graphic files together. Is there a quick way to do this? Like a program that can search my HD, find all my .doc and .ppt files and move them all to one folder?

question guys! i corrupted my xp when i closed my cpu while it was shutting down. now whenever i boot up my desktop, it goes to a loop. restarting always.

i tried opening via safe mode but still its looping. i booted via my OS thru my cd rom. i tried booting to c prompt, same thing happened. i need help.

I plan to back up my HD so I can do a full reinstall of Windows.

MY current problem:

I need to get all my spread out documents and graphic files together. Is there a quick way to do this? Like a program that can search my HD, find all my .doc and .ppt files and move them all to one folder?

dapat may system ka of filing your documents beforehand. then you just have to locate folders. collating them after having them get scattered wastes time locating them and moving them on one folder and then backing them up.

docs and powerpoint files are normally small files, you may use your flash drive as your working files. then just back it up in your HD. name this flashdrive backup, then choose this when you're ready to back up. i do back ups via cd monthly just in case.

Guys, I need your opinion. I've had my current PC since December 2002. Pentium 4, 256 mb Memory. Nauna nang nag-crash yung hard drive niya mga three years ago but it was still workable so I kept it and still am using it mainly storage for files and not to store the systems. I was wondering which would be a better move, to upgrade the parts or to buy a new PC altogether. Outdated na kasi yung ilang parts niya pero madali naman bilhan (DVD-rom, Graphic card). Am I better off with a new PC para lahat ng parts bago and hindi masayang yung mga upgraded parts ko kapag nasira na kalumaan yung original parts. Your opinions please....

i think it is still better if you just upgrade it. anyway, your processor is still ok (PIV). what you need to do/upgrade are of follows:

a) upgrade your memory to at least 1 GB.

B) upgrade your video card.

c) if you need additional storage, upgrade your DASD. mura na lang 100 GB ngayon. pero if you don't, pwede ka namang gumamit ng external DASD via enclosure.

d) if you need to, you may install a DVD-ROM/Writer.

The reason why i am advising you as such is that, even though you buy a new one, sandali lang din naman yan at maluluma na din considering the rapid change in technology today. your new computer may be obsolete in six months so sayang lang.

talagang ganyan ang pag maintain the computer, kahoy-kahoy lang ang upgrade, unless you've got money to burn.

kung marami kang iu-upgrade, baka naman mas mahal o pantay na sa bagong PC yun sir? suhestiyon ko kuwenta muna, kung ang magagastos nyo ay wala pa sa kalahati ng bago, upgrade. kung 75% na ng presyo ng bago, bago nalang?

sa kabilang banda, kung word processing ang ginagawa nyo po, kahit bilhan mo nalang ng bagong hard disk. tipid pa :lol:

imho... the bulk of the cost of a computer comes from the motherboard, the processor, the RAM and the video card. lahat yan pwede ng kalas-kalas.

kung let's say nasira ang board and processor mo, pwedeng yun muna palitan mo + cooling fans. clone lang naman ata yang unit mo, hindi naman ata branded.

mga sir/ experts... i have a laptop pwede ba to ma wifi able? may pwede ba bilhin para maging wifi to? para sa starbucks,or sa malls pwede gamitin para pwede magamit ? thanks in advance

pwede po, bsta ka lang ng WIFI card either external or internal.

Kanina habang naglalakad ako sa my St. Francis my nakita akong nagaayos ng mga cellphone booth. Nakita ko yung PC niya yung background wallpaper niya eh movie. Meron po ba dito may alam kung panu niya nagawa yun?

Sorry for this :mtc:

Naaliw lang ako.. :mtc:

Thanks in advance

convert ka ng kahit na anong movie file to .wmv tas gawin mo nang desktop background. ;)

question guyz esp. sa mga i-cafe owners, anu downside ng pag-iinstall ng recovery cards sa mga PC? tnx in adv :thumbsupsmiley:

ano po ung recovery cards? nde ko ata alam yun? :unsure:

a friend is asking for help on a soon-to-be legal matter (well she hopes that it doens't end that way), so I'm turning to MTC legal gurus for advice so here goes:

she was recently involved in a payroll scandal (something about incentives going to the wrong person, she didn't care to elaborate more) although she claims that she wasn't involved she did receive a number of payouts from the scam.

She also claims that there is nothing to link her to the payouts, nothing in writing as it is not her name that appears daw in the documents. The only thing that the company has is testimony from another person involved in the scam.

She's asking how best to protect herself, she has been out of the company for about two months already and has signed all the neccessary clearances. Fresh start daw as she doesn't want to get involved in something like that again. She's afraid that the company will still try to get to her when they file a case against the primary suspects?

What's the best thing for her to do, short of leaving the country as I suggested?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I need to add more details on what I use my PC for so that you give me better recommendations if I should upgrade or buy a new PC.

1) I use my PC mainly for web surfing and I plan to have a DSL connection soon. So, I'd want to have my PC's hardware able to support a DSL connection.

2) I also use it for PC gaming. Kaya I need to upgrade my graphic card badly.

3) I also use it for word processing and other Office applications.

Yes, clone lang naman PC ko and hindi siya branded.

Could you also give me suggestions on what specs I need for my hardware basing it on my usage above. Looks like I'm leaning towards upgrading parts na lang. It makes more sense and tipid pa.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I need to add more details on what I use my PC for so that you give me better recommendations if I should upgrade or buy a new PC.

1) I use my PC mainly for web surfing and I plan to have a DSL connection soon. So, I'd want to have my PC's hardware able to support a DSL connection.

2) I also use it for PC gaming. Kaya I need to upgrade my graphic card badly.

3) I also use it for word processing and other Office applications.

Yes, clone lang naman PC ko and hindi siya branded.

Could you also give me suggestions on what specs I need for my hardware basing it on my usage above. Looks like I'm leaning towards upgrading parts na lang. It makes more sense and tipid pa.

When upgrading a PC, be sure the cost will be 50% below the original price of the whole unit. Just like what they said, kung marami kang iuupgrade sa PC mo, you are better off with a new setup.

Your PC will be capable of a DSL connection as long as it supports DirectX and has sufficient amount of RAM. Even a Pentium III can have a DSL connection FYI. ^^

Now sa upgrading:

1. First and most upgrade that you should do is your RAM. A high end video card will be useless unless it is paired with a large amount of RAM.

2. The standard of all games, next thing that you should do will be of course your video card. Video card with prices of 4-5k pesos are considered mid range gaming video cards and can play some or most games on low to medium settings.

I suggest I get a full list of specs of your current specs of computer, how much did you purchased it. From that, we'll work things out and make the best out of your money

Edited by kenji_1989

I dont know if u know tipidpc.com

What you do is u sell those old PC parts and then buy a new updated ones...

according to the law one of the restricted/prohibited items for import is:

· Written or printed articles, negatives or film, photographs, engravings, lithographs, objects, paintings, drawings, or other representation of an obscene or immoral character.

quoted from: http://www.philexport.ph/philippines.html

but with the sites heading (Doing Business in the Philippines) it seems this is limited only to corporations or business. is it?

i'm asking because i'm planning to order internationally adult materials. for personal use of course. :D

i'm i covered by this law or any other laws? tnx. :)

mga sir/ experts... i have a laptop ibm t30 pwede ba to ma wifi able? may pwede ba bilhin para maging wifi to? para sa starbucks,or sa malls pwede gamitin para pwede magamit ? thanks in advance

Kung wala pa yang built-in wifi, you can buy a usb wifi adapter like D-Link DWL-G122 around 2K ito or kung may PCMCIA slot pa yan meron din adapter para dito like Linksys WPC54GS which is around 3K naman. Basta my kasamang CD driver ang mga bilhin mo para walang problema.

Tip, someone told me that sa lahat daw ng Robinson's mall eh may libre wifi internet access daw. :cool:

a friend is asking for help on a soon-to-be legal matter (well she hopes that it doens't end that way), so I'm turning to MTC legal gurus for advice so here goes:

she was recently involved in a payroll scandal (something about incentives going to the wrong person, she didn't care to elaborate more) although she claims that she wasn't involved she did receive a number of payouts from the scam.

She also claims that there is nothing to link her to the payouts, nothing in writing as it is not her name that appears daw in the documents. The only thing that the company has is testimony from another person involved in the scam.

She's asking how best to protect herself, she has been out of the company for about two months already and has signed all the neccessary clearances. Fresh start daw as she doesn't want to get involved in something like that again. She's afraid that the company will still try to get to her when they file a case against the primary suspects?

What's the best thing for her to do, short of leaving the country as I suggested?

Thanks in advance.

This is a he say she say matter. Baket nya kailangan umalis? i think she should consult with a prominent lawyer and ask for advice, so she would expect the worst, she has to be prepared,Kase patatawagin siya kahit anong oras eh. i can help, can you elaborate a bit more, what type of company was she involved, the nature of the workplace? please reply soon.

she used to work in a call center

the scam was about incentives, specifically referral incentives (sort of like a member get member thing for credit cards) she didn't say how it worked.

what does she need to do to prepare/protect herself.

aside from the claim of the other person involved, there's nothing to link her to the scam. The money is nowhere, she says she doesn't have any bank accounts, the money she got is gone in other words.

thanks grimace

she used to work in a call center

the scam was about incentives, specifically referral incentives (sort of like a member get member thing for credit cards) she didn't say how it worked.

what does she need to do to prepare/protect herself.

aside from the claim of the other person involved, there's nothing to link her to the scam. The money is nowhere, she says she doesn't have any bank accounts, the money she got is gone in other words.

thanks grimace

Scam on referral incentives? How can that be a scam? If money was diverted from the proper recipients, then only those "deprived" can file a complaint.

To protect herself, make her write a "story" of all the events that transpired. Prepare all the documentation mentioned in her story. If she didn't benefit (money received), then it should be a problem. If she knew what was going on, then it is up to the accuser to prove conspiracy (which is hard).

Good evening po sa inyong lahat :)

Can our lawyer friends in MTC, give some legal advice please,

I was approached by a friend and told me this story..

There was a mother with a one year old son, the mother trying to earn a living by selling food in a turo-turo

One day there was a group of drunk men who went to the store, there was a heated argument regarding the ownership/ rights to operate the store.

The mother was stabbed, was taken to a private hospital and given a 50-50 chance to survive. The mother survived

but was not able to pay the more or less 50 thousand hospital bill. The management/owner of the hospital took his son

as a guarantee, .. that she would be forced to pay. Now 2 months passed, the poor woman, still not able to see his son. She is even not allowed to visit. She is now working as a housemaid.

My friend is a neighbor of this mother.

The questions...

1-Is this legal...the hospital keeping the boy, to force the mother to pay?

2- What can the mother do to gain immediate custody of her son?

If she goes to the police, is ther a chance the boy could be released immediately?

Is there any office or organization which can offer free services to help the poor woman?

Edited by hari ng sablay
question guys! i corrupted my xp when i closed my cpu while it was shutting down. now whenever i boot up my desktop, it goes to a loop. restarting always.

i tried opening via safe mode but still its looping. i booted via my OS thru my cd rom. i tried booting to c prompt, same thing happened. i need help.

Have you tried booting your XP installer CD and choosing recovery mode? Try doing a checkdisk operation there on your C: drive. If it still doesn't fix it, a format may be the only way to "restore" your computer. :headsetsmiley:

THE ANSWER IS YES :)

??? :blink:

according to the law one of the restricted/prohibited items for import is:

quoted from: http://www.philexport.ph/philippines.html

but with the sites heading (Doing Business in the Philippines) it seems this is limited only to corporations or business. is it?

i'm asking because i'm planning to order internationally adult materials. for personal use of course. :D

i'm i covered by this law or any other laws? tnx. :)

i know this is silly but could any lawyer give me a legal advise? tnx.