Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

This means that your PC is not shutting down properly. Sometimes this happens when your HD is too slow in writing cached data to the HD while shutting down. Microsoft issued a patch for this on some systems which causes a *insert duration since I forgot it already here* second delay in the shutdown process in order to give time for the HD to write to itself all the data in its write cache. Please update your version of Windows through Windows Update or try to disable the write cache on your HD. (please note that disabling the write cache will slow down your HD's write speed considerably...)

i shut it down properly..

out of nowhere biglang nag kaganito..

naka updated naman sya pati mga hotfix..

pag nag system restore me mawawala ba yun?

System restore may or may not fix your problem. Have you installed any software recently? If so, what is it? It may be the one causing write delays to your HD which is why your system is not shutting down properly. :headsetsmiley:

Hey,

I have been in hiatus for the last couple of years.

Why are there debates on which law school to go to? The answer is plain and simple.

Ateneo (if you want good parking, shopping and brick walls.)

San Beda - mahirap ang parking (but beside 2 all girls schools and one co-ed where women where white)

U.P. - if you want to be a radical and not a business lawyer.

Have a clouded your choices just like a good lawyer?

:evil:

I'm sure you made it much easier.

dura lex pyrex

My friend got impregnated by a married guy. The guy refuse to acknowledge he is the father of the child.

Can my friend force the guy to have a DNA test. If the DNA test is postive, can she ask for support for the child.

Since my friend is poor, where can she go for legal help

This case is similar to Manny Pacquiao

Hey,

I have been in hiatus for the last couple of years.

Why are there debates on which law school to go to? The answer is plain and simple.

Ateneo (if you want good parking, shopping and brick walls.)

San Beda - mahirap ang parking (but beside 2 all girls schools and one co-ed where women where white)

U.P. - if you want to be a radical and not a business lawyer.

Have a clouded your choices just like a good lawyer?

:evil:

hey roubaix,

anong ibig sabihin nung durex sed lex? corruption ba yan nung legal maxim na dura lex sed lex? meaning the law is harsh but it is the law, tama ba, mga pañeros y pañeras?

btw, mas magagaling na business lawyer yung galing UP, kita mo halos lahat sila gusto pumunta sa kongreso at senado, andun ang "business" e!

seriously, law is not a business, it is a profession. you should not go into it if you wanted it to be a primary source of income or else you will end up worse than the criminals you will soon represent.

If you're really good and motivated, law school will just be another stepping stone to greater heights. It's not really the training that you will get in the law school (many of the better professors teach in more than one school) but the network of classmates, brods and alumni that can really help after the bar and beyond. UP will be tops in this regard, then Ateneo and San Beda.

Kung independent minded ka naman, kahit saan puede ka.

My friend got impregnated by a married guy. The guy refuse to acknowledge he is the father of the child.

Can my friend force the guy to have a DNA test. If the DNA test is postive, can she ask for support for the child.

Yes, but only on order of the court. The DNA paternity test can be one of the causes in an action for support.

You can go to any of the law schools with internship or to the public attorney's office or to FLAG or Mabini or some other NGOs (the women's rights group like Gabriella etc may have a higher interest in your friend's case)

Yes, but only on order of the court. The DNA paternity test can be one of the causes in an action for support.

You can go to any of the law schools with internship or to the public attorney's office or to FLAG or Mabini or some other NGOs (the women's rights group like Gabriella etc may have a higher interest in your friend's case)

for purposes of putting pressure on the guy, you can file a criminal case for abandonment of the child (just like in Manny Pacquiao's case) before the Office of the City Prosecutor. that way, you won't need much money.

bahala na ung iresponsableng guy na idepensa ang sarili nya (that he is not the father) but tell ur friend to be ready with her own proof (pictures, love letters, etc.) of the relationship.

for purposes of putting pressure on the guy, you can file a criminal case for abandonment of the child (just like in Manny Pacquiao's case). that way, you won't need much money.

bahala na ung iresponsableng guy na idepensa ang sarili nya (that he is not the father) but tell ur friend to be ready with her own proof (pictures, love letters, etc.) of the relationship.

first things first,

me asawa ba ang friend mo?

Saka na ang DNA test. The most important thing to do is to secure support for the child. Tell your friend to file a petition under Republic Act no. 9262 (Anti-Violence against Women and their Children Act). If you browse through this thread, you will see that I have talked about this legal remedy a couple of times before. Its the quickest legal remedy I can think of for your friend. She can try asking for legal help from the U.P. OLA (Office of Legal Aid).

Guys, need some help.

Meron kami PC sa office na after i-scandisk, ayaw na mag-boot. After basahin ang CD at FD drive, bigla na lng sya nag-hang and no activity was seen in the hard disk. Ano kya sira? When accessing the BIOS, nakikita nmn nya yun hard disk but when trying to access the Boot-up Settings in the BIOS, ndi ma-access. It keeps returning to the Main menu of the BIOS set-up when I do this. Tried also the Fixboot command when using Win2000 installer CD pero ayaw pa din. Any help will be appreciated.

if you know how to remove the hard drive, try removing it and install it back. make sure to connect firmly into the cable. turn it back on. if you still get the same hardware error message, change your hard drive.

you may also attach your present hard drive into a portable USB drive enclosure and try to connect into an available computer. you will know from this if the drive needs to be replaced if the usb cannot detect the hard drive in it.

yep it might be a harddrive failure..

with due respect,

query lang po, does this 9262 apply even if the woman impregnated and asking for support is married?

From the query, I dont think the girl is married. Nonetheless, I think the law might still apply although a married woman filing a case pursuant to it would have to face legal consequences/complications. But if support is the urgent concern, wala ng bibilis sa 9262.

Edited by agentjackbauer
Guest Leviticus
Guys, need some help.

Meron kami PC sa office na after i-scandisk, ayaw na mag-boot. After basahin ang CD at FD drive, bigla na lng sya nag-hang and no activity was seen in the hard disk. Ano kya sira? When accessing the BIOS, nakikita nmn nya yun hard disk but when trying to access the Boot-up Settings in the BIOS, ndi ma-access. It keeps returning to the Main menu of the BIOS set-up when I do this. Tried also the Fixboot command when using Win2000 installer CD pero ayaw pa din. Any help will be appreciated.

So I guess that the PC was working fine before the scandisk? Why did you run scan disk in the first place? The trouble is not with the bios. The trouble is with the hard disk itself. most likely may nabura during the scan disk. This happens commonly when a spy/malware attaches itself to a system file or .dll; or a virus has already corrupted your system.

better to either backup the HD if you have important files (making sure you have the proper safeguards or better yet, back it up in safemode) and then reformat the whole thing.

last question: lumilitaw ba ang blue screen during bootup? :headsetsmiley: :blink:

it really depends, gaya na lang ng kantang "maling akala" by E-heads na ni-revive ng BROWNMAN from pop to reggae music mejo maganda, meron naman yung kantang "overthere" na ni-revive naman ni chin, ang pangit ng pagkakagawa parang pirated., pero if ever naman ire-revive nila ang isang kanta sana merong note na sinasabi kung sino ang original singer, para at least mapakinggan mo both original ang revival diba?

So I guess that the PC was working fine before the scandisk?  Why did you run scan disk in the first place?  The trouble is not with the bios.  The trouble is with the hard disk itself.  most likely may nabura during the scan disk.  This happens commonly when a spy/malware attaches itself to a system file or .dll; or a virus has already corrupted your system. 

better to either backup the HD if you have important files (making sure you have the proper safeguards or better yet, back it up in safemode) and then reformat the whole thing.

last question:  lumilitaw ba ang blue screen during bootup? :headsetsmiley:  :blink:

just doing normal PC maintenance and before that, mejo may problema dun sa pinapatakbo nming software. not sure kung virus or spyware kasi ndi nmn naka-konek sa internet yun eh. sa local network lng na isolated sa system nmin. tried to access also in safe mode pero cant access the safe mode sa start-up ng pc. anong blue screen? yung screen for data overflow? ndi nga ma-access yun HD kasi pag start-up, may error na sinasabi like "Invalid Electronic card" or something like that then pag boot-up, ndi na ma-access yung HD. :(