Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

labo nga eh...tinry ko na tanngalin yung firewalls....(sygate, and xp)....ni reinstall ko yung system ko...finormat ko yung disks ko...ganon pa din...

-panong directo connection or ethernet client?

-default setting lang lahat ang ginagawa ko except nung una tinry ko ibaba lahat ng setting and firewalls ko.....naka desktop ako nga pla

Bro,

denidefine sa network settings yan.

hello legal luminaries. May eb ba anf mga lawyers? dapat meron so we can organize on how we can b of more help wid our fellow mtc members.

uy, newbie lawyer :) welcome to MTC sir!

yeap! we have an incoming eb for the lawyers...just keep track of this thread for annoucement... :)

Edited by Immaculate Bitch
Sa lahat ng Panyeros:

TY sa legal aid services nyo... Butsoy was out of town for the past weeks nag bakasyun.. then na busy sa National Convention ng Lawyers..

Keep up olur good work.... kahit na walang recognition sa mga admin at moderators dito... and kahit na madaya ang moderators at admin dito... Imagine abugado na dinadaya pa...

Butsoy

Can you please expound sir?

Thank you DC and Wolfster.. so, how can you prove mental anguish, sleepless nights, etc?

In addition, based on some Supreme Court decisions:

Moral damages cannot be recovered unless proved. A mere prayer for the same is not sufficient (Compania Maritima vs. Allied Free Worker’s Union, 77 SCRA 24).

Such must be substantiated by evidence (PAL vs. Miano, 242 SCRA 235).

In addition, based on some Supreme Court decisions:

Moral damages cannot be recovered unless proved. A mere prayer for the same is not sufficient (Compania Maritima vs. Allied Free Worker’s Union, 77 SCRA 24).

Such must be substantiated by evidence (PAL vs. Miano, 242 SCRA 235).

that's my bro!!! :)

guys, mejo off- topic lang pero pc related....2long naman sa mga nakakaalam...naka xp ako and mydsl connection...problema ko.... i couldn't check my emails sa yahoo and hotmail....tapos di din ako makapag post sa message boards unless gamitin ko yung dial up ko :( 2long naman... what's weird is pag nde ako naka xp ok naman siya kaso dame lang bugs pag win2000 and 98....heeeeelp!!! thanx in advance

Maybe it would help if you told us exactly what error message you're getting. Are you timing out, host not found, etc.? Try the command ping www.hotmail.com. Does it respond?

What's your system configuration? Do you have not only a LAN card but also a modem connected simultaneously?

Details please.

Edited by trebbie
I'm using a sony handycam video8 CCD-TR54 NTSC and I'm transferring videos to my harddisc using Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 XP.  I connected teh videocam's video-out and audio-out to the video capture card's video-in and audio-in. I then connected the video capture card's audio out to the sound card's audio-in and the soundcard's audio-out to my speakers.  Okay naman.  No problems so far.  :) 

Oh, and before I bought a Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 XP, I had a Pinnacle Studio VCD.  Bought Pinnacle Studio VCD at Villman for about 3,700.  The disadvantage is that you can't connect your cable TV.  Had to sell it for around P2k then bought Winfast.  No regrets so far.

u mean u can record from cable? :) and can u use ur monitor to view a different channel? multi-channel sa monitor? in-picture? dat wud rule!

Edited by umbertoeklat
Sa lahat ng Panyeros:

TY sa legal aid services nyo... Butsoy was out of town for the past weeks nag bakasyun.. then na busy sa National Convention ng Lawyers..

Keep up olur good work.... kahit na walang recognition sa mga admin at moderators  dito... and kahit na madaya ang moderators at admin dito... Imagine abugado na dinadaya pa...

Butsoy

Cyber Pinoy:

First: you guys kicked me out of BLR without any reason. with out any sufficient notice.

Second: The last log on I had in April before holy week I already got more than 150 posts.. suddenly it dropped to again 130.. obviously siguro para di ako makapasok ulit sa BLR.. I dont know.. kung hindi daya yan.. what? discrimination?..

I remember I started this Free legal aid to help you guys and our readers but for maintaining this thread.. na ban pa ako sa BLR without any reason?...

Kindly explain also SIRS....

Butsoy

thanks for the replies!

to pepemonz: di ko me gets? sorry

to trebbie: "dns error" pag dating sa forum postings, sa pag check ng email, and sa pag sa windows update. Sa pag check ng email, i could sign up, and get to the page where i just have to click on the "new message" or "inbox" link.....tapos biglang mabagal na lang yung status bar ng connection sa browser...then dns error na :(

-tinry ko i ping hotmail...request timed out (tried this w/ and w/o the firewall).

-what configuration should i have ba? di ko kse alam eh,all i know is everything's on default...yung software for dsl ko, automatic configuration na...di katulad sa win98 and 2000...kelangan ko pang i install yung software ng pldt...

-yes me modem din ako....

guys thanks ha! hope i don't tire you out with my prob... di ko kse alam kung san ako hihingi ng support eh...sa pldt kse hirap eh...mukhang give up na...binlame na lang pc ko....

------> one more thing pano mag quote ng post ng iba?

Edited by crocop
------> one more thing pano mag quote ng post ng iba?

Parang ganyan? You can use the quick reply box and just use "

your message[/quote.]" tanggalin mo lang yung nilagay kong period, nilagay ko yon para di mag-quote. Or you can use the "quote" box, mas madali dun. Yung nakalagay sa upper right hand box ng messages. Oh, and pls post site-related question here: MTC Help Desk, Click here.
Edited by shinta
Guest templar
        First: you guys kicked me out of BLR without any reason. with out any sufficient notice.

Second:  The last log on I had in April before holy week I already got more than 150 posts.. suddenly it dropped to again 130.. obviously siguro para di ako makapasok ulit sa BLR.. I dont know.. kung hindi daya yan.. what? discrimination?..

I remember I started this Free legal aid to help you guys and our readers but  for maintaining this thread.. na ban pa ako sa BLR without any reason?...

Butsoy

Pareng Butsoy, I didn't know you're no longer with the BLR coz I became a Mod only last May 16. Buti ka pa nga pre nakapasok ka sa BLR, ako never kahit nag-apply ako! :D

About yung drop sa posts mo that one I can explain kasi THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ALL MTC MEMBERS, regardless kung nasa BLR sila o wala. :)

I presume you know that the MTC website slowed down sometime during and immediately after Holy Week until it went down completely during the week of April 21. MTC could not restore data from April 5 onwards because our database with our Host was backed up only up to April 4. So when MTC went back online on April 27(not sure but you can check out the threads), ALL THREADS SHOWED THE LAST POSTING AS OF APRIL 4......even now you can check on the threads and you will notice a gap in posting between April 4-April 27(?).

When all the posts could not be restored, the system naturally reflected only the number of posts in its database (i.e. up to April 4 and then jumping to April 27) thereby leading to a REDUCTION IN THE NUMBER OF POSTS FOR ALL MEMBERS. Some even had to start as newbies again and make the minimum number of posts to be able to join other threads and/or start topics.

I'm sure panyero that the reduction in your number of posts wasn't meant to bar your re-entry into the BLR nor discriminate you. :)

We the members of MTC, lawyers and non-lawyers and BLR or non-BLR alike appreciate your effort in starting and maintaining this thread ..... nobody can deny you that recognition! :)

As for the reason why you were moved out of the BLR ..... your guess is as good as mine ...... and since I don't know anything about that matter, I shall keep my peace and hopefully, my friend Butsoy! :D

Thank you DC and Wolfster.. so, how can you prove mental anguish, sleepless nights, etc?

Sorry. I can't find examples.

Usually, pag physical injuries, meidco-legal. I don't know kung admissible dito yung psychiatric findings (documentary evidence - recessed eyes, sudden manic depressions, etc.) o expert opinion ng mga psychologist. But that may be a way to prove such claims. Puwede rin siguro witness accounts (maids, friends, etc.).

Guest templar
Pano nga? Can you pls give an example? ;)

Based on personal experience .....

I proved mental anguish/sleepless nights thru medical records (since my client claimant was hospitalized) including diagnosis, medications, what those medications are for, etc. In addition to the documentary evidence, I also presented the testimonial evidence of the claimant, her relatives, attending physician, head nurse and duty nurses, as well as 3rd party expert witness(es) to corroborate what they all said.

Besmirched reputation ? I presented the testimonial evidence of the claimant, neighbors, officemates and barangay officials .... (the latter to authenticate an earlier barangay incident report which I caused my client to procure from the barangay) all saying how her reputation was tarnished, what derogative names she was called by her neighbors after the "incident", a complaint to the barangay how her neighbors have verbally abused her, etc.

Mind you these are not the only ways to prove moral damages .... I've seen lawyers come up with the most innovative to the most inane evidences to support their claims.

It's a hassle alright but when you're claiming millions of pesos in moral damages, these are all worth the effort.

But the best and simplest proof (and most challenging to do) is baiting the opposing party to prove the moral damages for you ..... e.g. cursing my client while the opposing party is on the witness stand .... pag ganun, e no further questions your Honor agad ang sinasabi ko! :P

Hi, I need some of your legal advice on this, hope I can get some replies....... :glasses:

I have a 3yr old son with a previous relationship. I am not allowed to see him anymore (it's a long story). I was wondering if there is any law that would allow me to see my son. :cry:

(On his birth certificate, it's my name and signature written)

Hi, I need some of your legal advice on this, hope I can get some replies....... :glasses:

I have a 3yr old son with a previous relationship. I am not allowed to see him anymore (it's a long story). I was wondering if there is any law that would allow me to see my son. :cry:

(On his birth certificate, it's my name and signature written)

Why are you not allowed to see your son? We need to know the circumstances that led to that situation.

Sa lahat ng Panyeros:

Keep up olur good work.... kahit na walang recognition sa mga admin at moderators  dito... and kahit na madaya ang moderators at admin dito... Imagine abugado na dinadaya pa...

Butsoy

Cyber Pinoy:

Second: The last log on I had in April before holy week I already got more than 150 posts.. suddenly it dropped to again 130.. obviously siguro para di ako makapasok ulit sa BLR.. I dont know.. kung hindi daya yan.. what? discrimination?..

I remember I started this Free legal aid to help you guys and our readers but for maintaining this thread.. na ban pa ako sa BLR without any reason?...

Butsoy

Sir, Templar has explained mainly what happened to the number of posts. If you have noticed, I have also to change my username. I had to add an underline between cyber and pinoy. Before its just one word. I was also affected with the slowdown of the system. I also lost my posts which made me very difficult to recover....

I was a moderator since May 20 and I am not aware of what happened to you being a member of the BLR. Good for you, you were at least amongst the BLR members for a while. Eh kami, matagal na kaming nag-aaply and still to no avail.

I'll try my best to find out what happened.

The recognition goes to you sir and will be the one who is remembered to have created the LEGAL THREAD.

You have my support all the way......

Sa lahat ng Panyeros:

Butsoy

i have some kind of legal problem...

i had contract w/ a certain company in the states that would help me look for a place where i can have a ojt in the U.S.. when they did found me one, i was interviewed and was able to pass. I got accepted and the company took care of my papers for a big fee. when i got my petition papers and everything i still got denied in the embassy of the U.S. now i'm trying to get my refund and they keep saying they are taking care of it but its been two months but i still havent got my refund yet. an agent of theirs told me that the refund process would take 30-45 days but now its clearly that they have exceeded the said days. is there anything i can do? also the the agent that got me into this is a filipina(filipino citizen). could i file charges against her and the company here or do i have to file in the U.S.? the contract has a refund policy but didn't state how long it woud take. i kept the original they have a xerox copy.

tulong naman mga pre,

kung may 15k ka at gusto mong mag upgrade ng pc?

ano ang dapat mong gawin o palitan?

if u already have the following:

40gig hoard disk, 50x cdrom, cdwriter, 15inch monitor, modem.

tnx for the help in advance.

hirap ng limited ang budget eh!!