AOC 19' 9KLR Flat

Altec Lansing 251 + 2 24+ inch speakers

ATX Casing w/ keyboard

Exhaust fan

ASUS CD-Writer 48x/16x/48x

ASUS DVD ROM 16x

Logitech Quickcam Express Webcam

Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse

:D Hehe that's my PC's specs. I just have this weird problem wherein my monitor has this sakit.

Nagrrefresh sha (similar when you change screen resolution in Windows' display settings, but it returns

back to the same resolution), kind of a black out. I've had this problem since I got this last September.

For video card choices, choose Geforce 3 or 4. BUY the ones with "ti4200/ti4600" not those MX series.

The Geforce 4 MX series are as good as those MX series na Geforce 2. The "Ti" ones are better in performance

eventhough it's more expensive. Don't rely just on "Inno3D" cause it's known to have some flaws daw. Try maybe the "Sparkle" brand.

My rig and the information about Geforce came from a very reliable source.

Thermalake Tolcano 9? para san to pre?

.. Athlon XP 21+ <-- ano speed n2? ... thanx..

Guest Dobermaxx
Athlon XP 21+

256 MB DDR-333

Thermalake Tolcano 9

430w Enermax Dual Fan

80 GB seagate 7200rpm

Inno3d Gforce 4 ti4200 128MB

Creative Audigy 5.1

AOC 19' 9KLR Flat

ATX Casing w/ keyboard

Exhaust fan

ASUS DVD ROM 16x

:D Hehe that's my PC's specs. I just have this weird problem wherein my monitor has this sakit.

Nagrrefresh sha (similar when you change screen resolution in Windows' display settings, but it returns

back to the same resolution), kind of a black out. I've had this problem since I got this last September.

For video card choices, choose Geforce 3 or 4. BUY the ones with "ti4200/ti4600" not those MX series.

The Geforce 4 MX series are as good as those MX series na Geforce 2. The "Ti" ones are better in performance

eventhough it's more expensive. Don't rely just on "Inno3D" cause it's known to have some flaws daw. Try maybe the "Sparkle" brand.

CPU Cooler dude.

Athlon XP 21+

256 MB DDR-333

Thermalake Tolcano 9

430w Enermax Dual Fan

80 GB seagate 7200rpm

Inno3d Gforce 4 ti4200 128MB

Creative Audigy 5.1

AOC 19' 9KLR Flat

ATX Casing w/ keyboard

Exhaust fan

ASUS DVD ROM 16x

CPU Cooler dude.

salamats pre.. advisable ba AMD duron 1.2Ghz CPU? kelangan ba CPU cooler n2?

grabe.. :o galeng pla nitong site na'to.. i wonder why i nvr heard of it when i was still there, :( kelan nga ba sinimulan to?? gotta check up on that..

anyway, qstn lang po sa mga lawyers who would be familiar with this, kasi m not really sure who to ask that can be trusted: :unsure: im in the u.s. since last may22nd.. turnd 21 last august. im carrying an h4 visa (being a dependent of my mom). hm, pano kaya yung status ko dito? i just need some lights shed on this issue.. pleeease? kasi kung di na'ko pde, e patay.. uwi na lang me. not unless there's still something that can be done. btw, mommy ko is a tchr in a public sch, pero d pa nya nasimulan yung gc nya.. pano kaya? i need your honest opinion please.. sensya na.

have fun in your eb nga pala. :)

salamats pre.. advisable ba AMD duron 1.2Ghz CPU? 

Before we can answer your question, we need to know a few things:

1. What do you plan to do with your PC?

2. What's your budget?

3. What's your current motherboard?

Any CPU nowadays absolutely requires a heatsink and fan. Running a CPU without them guarantees instant CPU death. I should know, my Duron 850 died when the heatsink fell off! :angry:

Edited by trebbie
HELP! namatay ung old HDD ko!!! :blink:

pano na 'to? anong gagawin ko? may 2 gigz worth of old files pa akong naiwan dun.. :(

One thing you can try, if you can't boot from the HDD anymore, is to connect it as a secondary disk in another PC. After that PC boots, try to see if you can access your files.

If the procedure above is unsuccessful, download the appropriate utilities from the HD manufacturer's Web site (Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, etc.). Then try to diagnose and, if possible, have the utility attempt to fix the disk.

If you have the money, send the disk to a professional data recovery service. But I'm warning you, they are expensive! One company I know of is OnTrack.

But sometimes, you will no longer be able to recover your data from your HDD. This will then serve as a very painful lesson to you of the importance of making backups of your files.

angelust18, first of all, Volcano yan di Tolcano.. Volcano series is quite good I personally use the Volcano 7 na as big as Volcano 9 but when u use this, make sure na gagamit ka ng magandang heatsink thermal compound like Arctic Silver III para ma-maximize mo yung copper contact...Duron kc is hotter than Palomino and Thoroughbred Chips.. (AXP)

but if ur case is transparent like mine, intayin mo yung Coolermaster Aero7 it should arrive soon kc ang release nito was april pa.. eh Taiwan lang naman galing to so parating na yun.. astig pre..check mo yung reviews nito...

and mas efficient in some respects coz of the innovative fan.. cylinder type eh.. and it's less noisy. Pag dating nito sell ko yung Volcano 7 ko..hehehhe

tama advices ni Trebbie, pero to add, kung gusto mong wag mangyari sau yung nangyari sa kanya, bilhin mong motherboard yung may thermal shutdown capabilities(it shuts down the PC whether u like it or not when the CPU reaches the danger zone temp) like ASUS. di ko lam about other boards..ASUS lang kc ginagamit ko..pero now gusto kong lumipat sa ABIT...yung NF7-S kc nila natalo ang ASUS A7N8X De Luxe sa bilis, overclockability and price...Dolby digital encoder lang namn gusto ko talga sa dalawng yun tapos kabitan mo ng Logitech Z-680 THX speakers using fiber optics...asteegg!!! 19T nga lang dito ang speaker na yan pero its the best THX PC speaker in the world right now...lampaso nga ang Altec Lansing eh.. 120dB+ SNR... Audiophile quality talaga..

sdna_yawa, try mo yung professional data retrievers...im just not sure kung magkano.. pero I think they can do that..

if u really want to get the files, I think, (i think ha) they can do it... since this is one of the most common probs users encounter..

as with user servicing, if ur not familiar with the electronics of an HDD, DO NOT DISMANTLE IT kc baka lalong masira. im not sure kc di ko pa na encounter yang ganyang dilemma, my 2 hdds(both Seagate) died too before but i just threw it away since my files at that time aren't that important unlike now...HS pa lang kc ako nun..

by the way, what do u mean by "namatay"? hindi accessible or simply ayaw mag-spin? na confuse kc ako dito pero if its yung walang power....yan yung suggestion ko..

ah...if that's the case, check all cables, clean it, check your bus master drivers, see the settings in your cmos bios too. then pag wala talaga that's the time you have to let go hehehe.. it happens pre so next time, always back up... if its really important spend some cash on hi end brands of CDR/CDRWs for maximum reliability.

actually, hindi un ang boot disk ko.. di talaga madetect sa startup eh.. pano ko magagamit ung utilities (seagate po ung old HDD ko..)?

anyway, mahirap talga pra sakin ang professional service.. wla pa akong trabaho.. :(

dead na nga yan... but if you want to recover the data inside you can replace the electronic board with the same model. as long as the disc inside is not damaged.

been fiddling with cpu coolers lately. i was lucky to get a free globalwin cak4-88t when i bought my epox mobo, so i ended up with 2 coolers - one that works well (globalwin) and one that looks great (thermaltake). merge them together and u can get all kinds of cool combination. one thing i haven't tried yet is an all-transparent cooler (thermaltake ductingmod + clear fan + coolmod grill).

...i'll call it the magneto cooler.

http://203.131.66.146/myhsf1.jpg http://203.131.66.146/myhsf2.jpg