Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hello guys, im also new here , how do i elliminate the pop-ups on my screen when im using the net, thanks for the help :unsure:

It depends. If you're using Netscape 7.01 or higher, click the Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security - > Popup Window Controls -> Suppress popups button. Beside this button, click the Exceptions button then Remove All.

If you're using IE, try Internet Junkbuster here.

BTW, if you're really concerned about privacy and not just about popup ads, I highly recommend downloading and installing Spybot - Search & Destroy from here.

if you want good dvd playback. use any ati card and enable hardware playback. im using a radeon ve on my duron and playback is perfect. does not stop at all. also attach your dvd drive alone on one ide cable. ide is so brain dead it is slow with two drives on one cable.

My questions;

Hello there,

–I’m an American citizen (born in San Francisco / 26 y/o) and planning on purchasing, (owning a property in Manila) how much sg. ft. am I allowed?

--What ( How much) is the penalty if I go over the limit?

I’m really appreciated whatever information you can provide.  BTW, I’m paying my tax in Manila (property tax) yearly.

Thanks.

As an American citizen, I would have to know how you acquired it. If you were naturalized, you can still own real estate. It is not a matter of square feet but sq. meters. It is a substantial amount not limited to a house a lot.

But since you are born in SFO, where I am right now for the next 24 hours, were your parents still Filipinos at the time of your birth? If so, you can play for the PBA (just kidding). If they were, you can qualify for recognition as a natural born filipino citizen. The Constitution provides that any person whom at the time of their birth regardless of where they were born has a father or mother that is a filipino citizen, that person is considered a filipino citizen. It is a lengthy process with the DOJ but if you get it, you may own up to 5 hectares just like all of us whose parents decided not to migrant to the U.S.

There is no penalty or fine of owning more than what is allowed. You will just be forced to sell it.

Hope that helps.

<_<

Okay, thanks, really appreciate.

My parents are both an American citizen (by born), therefore the solution is to sell exceeding property, right? What if selling the possession is out of the question or let say that’s the last thing I’m going to do. Are there any alternatives/options to suffice my problem?

What if I just inherit it from my grandparents/parents, does this circumstances helps, and ohhhh my grandparents are Filipino Citizen, so, what are the odds?

Thank you very much, I know I owe you one, do you accept credit card? –j/k

thanks again,

Kathleen Jessica

PS

Don’t play and don’t like basketball, shopping is my game . . .

Hello. I have a question regarding game consoles. I didn't know if it's covered in this thread, but I do hope you can help me. My son asked his godmother, who's in th UK, for a gameboy advance. Now she tells that she's gonna buy a gameboy advance sp. Problem is, it's PAL and she was asking me if it was compatible with the games sold here. What do you think?

Edited by shinta

Pre,

No chance, sabi kasi ng NSO. all you could do is acknowledge the child sa likod ng birth certificate niya.

If you really want to change the surname. pakasalan mo yung mother and go to court para mapapalitan.

Edited by ranter

mangkups

meron na dito nung fan...naghahanap na lang ako ng better deal hehehe...

anyone interested in my copper Thermaltake Volcano 7 with thermal sensor?

Shinta

im not familiar with the "sp" thingy but try to tell your son to get the GBA pre-installed with Afterburner..backlight yun..he'll need it..

im selling my limited edition Black GameBoy Advance na nga eh...coz wala pa syang Afterburner... sa US kc galing..

:rolleyes: my laptop always flashes this warning upon bootup. "FAILED TO LOAD INTERNET CONNECTION WIZARD OR ONE OF ITS COMPONENTS" or something to this effect.tried reinstalling windows but it didnt solve the prob.help!

Internet Connection? It looks like your PC is attempting to contact the 'Net. It might be the Windows Update component attempting to contact the Microsoft site.

Since I don't know what specific Windows version you're using, try looking in the Control Panel. Look for an icon labeled Automatic Updates, then turn off the Keep my computer up to date check box. Reboot your PC afterwards and see if you still get the message.

Edited by trebbie
Wala.. deadma lang nila Q ko... :cry:

Ginny, I think that moral and exemplary damages are awarded after the fact of guilt of the respondent has been established, so indirectly, yes.

Here's what I got form the 'net...

==================

Article 2217 of the Civil Code recognizes that moral damages which include physical suffering, mental anguish, fright, serious anxiety, besmirched reputation, wounded feelings, moral shock, social humiliation and similar injury, are incapable of pecuniary estimation.

As to exemplary damages, Article 2229 of the Civil Code provides that such damages may be imposed by way of example or correction for the public good. While exemplary damages cannot be recovered as a matter of right, they need not be proved, although plaintiff must show that he is entitled to moral, temperate or compensatory damages before the court may consider the question of whether or not exemplary damages should be awarded.

==================

Peace. ;)

wanef.. libreng consultation sa lawyers? bago yun ah.. hehehe :lol:

I have a Q though, is evidence needed to claim for moral and exemplary damages? Pls give examples. Thanks.

The rule in law is that every allegation contained in a civil complaint must be proved with perponderance of evidence. Same rule applies with respect to moral damages. For example, sleepless nights, hurt feelings, besmirched reputation, etc, must be proved during the hearing. As for exemplary damages, and taking into consideration that this kind of damage serves merely to serve as a deterrent to others, I believe the same degree of evidence may not be required. It will be the court's discretion.

sorry if my question is quite off sa topic. (mejo lang naman ehh.. heheh... ;) )

i just wanna ask what gadgets or stuffs could i use to transfer movies/stuff from VHS or beta :blink: tapes to vcd? i mean anong mga kailangan ko... me burner kasi kami. kaya lng am not that knowledgeable sa mga editing and stuff like that. like anong mga cable kailangan ko... pati rin yung mga galing sa videocam...

salamat.. sana may pumansin sa akin... :blink: :blush:

kailangan mo ng video capture card para mapasok mo sa comp yung video. kailanga nasa harddisk you video files mo para ma-edit mo. then use the cd writer to create vcds. kung may firewire ang camera mo, mas maganda yun kasi madilis ang transfer ng data. pero common ang cable na ginagami sa pag-connect ng player sa tv, pwede mo rin gamitin yon.

Ito ang mura na magandang video capture card (gamit ko). It can be attached to your cable tv line para makapanood ka sa computer, pwede sa beta, vhs, videocam:

http://www.rsuncomputers.com/images/feature/bg-winfasttv2000xp.gif

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe is your best personal digital video recorder with video editing & authoring. It is the smartest and most effective way of turning your PC into a high definition TV and FM entertainment center.

It allows broadcast TV viewing, stereo FM radio, live video display and video communication on a PC with the finest quality and optimal performance.

The VCR-like WinFast TV features give you the control of TV browsing, image/video capturing and audio/video adjustment. Your enjoyment's complete. With CoolCommand that includes remote control, WinFast TV2000 XPenhances your TV experience and FM listening.

Features

New Full function Remote control. Easier, friendly fancy user interface.

PIP ( picture in picture):

One for live and the other for captured program. And master video can be alternative. The slave video can be displayed with any size and anywhere.

Time-Shifting: you can pause, rewind live television and instant replays. Take your breaks during a TV show or movie and never have to miss a scene again.

De-interlace:

Make the best quality for fast-motion video. No noise and flicker on the edge of motion objects.

Capture format profile:Support friendly setting for MPEG-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/WMV/VCD/DVD video and MP3/WMA audio encoding format.

Support Video Streaming(WMV/WMA format) for Web Broadcasting and Network Video/Audio sharing.

Provide full version of Ulead Video Studio 6.0 and Cool 3D 3.0 for Video Editing and VCD/DVD/SVCD Authoring.

Support NetMeeting for video conference, you can share TV programs with your long distance friend.

All-in-one control panel:

Friendly graphics user interface, not only support TV and FM programs online, also TV captured and FM recorded files playback in playlist.

Support playlist for video/audio playback, several files can be played seamlessly as one file.It can play with a CoolCommand remote control and hot-key with keyboard.

P2,750 sa risingsun computers.

Here's a link if you want to know more: risingsun computers