Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Anong spa ito?

saw in the news that an mtc spa got raided recently, so i want to ask the advice of our resident lawyers on what to do if i'm in the spa while the raid happens. i'm sure i shouldn't try to run or something. do i just ask the thera to stop the ES/do a massage instead then wait for the knocking to come to our cubicle? what if police asks for my name/ID?

pag hindi ka magbayad ng credit card ano pwed eikaso sayo

jailable ba yun

Skipping credit card payments is a breach of contract, so no it is not "jailable."

Do note that we now have a Credit Information Corporation which receives and compiles individual credit reports from banks and financial institutions like SSS and PAG-IBIG. So kung takbuhan mo yung credit card mo, you'll get a negative credit rating score. Mahihirapan kang makakuha ng new credit card in the future, as well as obtain loans from banks and other financial institutions.

Banks will usually allow you to cancel the card and then convert your credit card balance into a regular loan na may fixed amortization payments, usually over the period of a year. That's way better than getting a negative credit score and constantly being harassed by third party collectors.

Meron po ba dito kaya mag ayos ng Legitimation sa Birth Certificate kahit wala authentic writing ? or clerical error like sa middle name ilipat sa last name, dapat kasi nasa last name siya eh.

Salamat

Legitimation falls under Rule 108 of the Rules of Court.

Changing the middle name to the last name is, unfortunately, not considered a mere "clerical error" (even of the reason for the discrepancy in the entry is, in fact, a clerical error) and would likewise be subject to Rule 108, under "changes of name."

Both procedures are fairly straightforward. Just watch out for the publication requirement, as you will have to spend for that.

bro if you got caught in the act, youll be charged of violation of expanded anti-trafficking in persons act of 2012

pag hindi ka "caught in the act" like youre just starting to ask about the ES, the least youll be charged with is attempted trafficking in persons, within the same law as mentioned above

pero if you got caught na massage phase pa lang, you can argue na ngpapamassage ka lang and no intention of soliciting sex from the masseuse :)

Thank you for this sir. Just a follow up based on what I see on some legal TV shows: Would it be helpful if I insist that I'm just getting a massage and that aside from giving them my name, and that I want a lawyer before answering any other questions? While still being polite yet firm of course.

Anong spa ito?

Spa with branches in Cubao and Banawe areas. Their Antipolo branch was already closed/changed operations before the raid.

Hi mga masters, question regarding sa software development, let say wala kayo contract for creating a web application, and you are doing it as freelance project. Based sa online article na nabasa ko the one who has rights is to the one who writes the code, edi ako un. Then because of trust, nagbigay ako ng access kay client to check the file, then na monitor ko na nilipat na nila sa ibang domain ung application ko without my knowledge. May pwede ba ako habol dun?

Hi mga masters, question regarding sa software development, let say wala kayo contract for creating a web application, and you are doing it as freelance project. Based sa online article na nabasa ko the one who has rights is to the one who writes the code, edi ako un. Then because of trust, nagbigay ako ng access kay client to check the file, then na monitor ko na nilipat na nila sa ibang domain ung application ko without my knowledge. May pwede ba ako habol dun?

oo, sa iyo yun eh.

ang tanong, ano ang ebidensya mo na sa iyo yun. baka dun ka sumadsad. kailangan may matibay kang ebidensya na sa iyo nga yun.

Thanks, yes meron, compiled na kasi ung nasa kanila... need to consult na sa attorney.

other comment sa ibang masters...

oo, sa iyo yun eh.

ang tanong, ano ang ebidensya mo na sa iyo yun. baka dun ka sumadsad. kailangan may matibay kang ebidensya na sa iyo nga yun.

Spa Chiba in paranaque niraid nung March 21 the sad news is ung mga girls nakahold sa dswd haven for women parang sila nakakulong dun I'm with friends with a thera nakakaawa Wala Naman sila baket sila nakadetain dun? Paanu Kung tumakbo na ung may ari ng spa patay na sila??? I need advice Kung paanu mapabilis makalabas sila SA dswd sabihn abutin pa NG 6 months to a year??? Paanu kawawa Naman sila victim Lang sila

Edited by Pablo_apprentice

Legitimation falls under Rule 108 of the Rules of Court.

Changing the middle name to the last name is, unfortunately, not considered a mere "clerical error" (even of the reason for the discrepancy in the entry is, in fact, a clerical error) and would likewise be subject to Rule 108, under "changes of name."

Both procedures are fairly straightforward. Just watch out for the publication requirement, as you will have to spend for that.

Nahihirapan kasi kami si Mother wala birth certificate gusto pa magpa late registration eh nasa Leyte yun and wala rin Marriage Contract Parents so with this parang gusto ng Manila City Hall correct muna un mga yun bago un sa birth cetificate na dapat talaga ayusin

Nahihirapan kasi kami si Mother wala birth certificate gusto pa magpa late registration eh nasa Leyte yun and wala rin Marriage Contract Parents so with this parang gusto ng Manila City Hall correct muna un mga yun bago un sa birth cetificate na dapat talaga ayusin

Sorry, medyo nakakalito. Sino yung magpapapalit ng pangalan sa birth cert, and ano yung relation nun sa mother mo na walang birth cert, and sino yung may magulang na walang marriage cert?

I am a illegitimate child. May dad passed away last year leaving properties named under him and my mom(combined). My parents are not married btw. May makukuha ba yun anak nya sa una(legal wife) na nagpipilit sa ownership sa naiwan father ko kasi sya daw legitimate child kasi kasal father ko sa mother nya? Pero both parents ko naman nakapangalan properties at hindi solo sa father ko lang.

I am a illegitimate child. May dad passed away last year leaving properties named under him and my mom(combined). My parents are not married btw. May makukuha ba yun anak nya sa una(legal wife) na nagpipilit sa ownership sa naiwan father ko kasi sya daw legitimate child kasi kasal father ko sa mother nya? Pero both parents ko naman nakapangalan properties at hindi solo sa father ko lang.

is the legal wife still alive? If no, when did she pass away, before your dad and mom began living together, or after?

I believe the legal wife is still alive. I have never met her. My parents started living together

more than 34 years ago.

Q: May makukuha ba yun anak nya sa una(legal wife) na nagpipilit sa ownership?

Yes, meron sityang makukuha.

Assuming that the legal wife is still alive, that makes you illegitimate.

That also means that the property relations between your late father and your mother is governed by Art. 148 of the Family Code.

Art. 148 says that the properties acquired by your father and mother will be owned by them in proportion to their actual contribution. So, even if the properties are registered in both their names, if it was only your father who was working, the properties would belong solely to the conjugal partnership of your father and his legal wife (THIS IS A MATTER OF EVIDENCE. THEY HAVE TO PROVE THAT YOUR MOTHER HAD NO FINANCIAL CAPACITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE ACQUISITION OF THE PROPERTY. Without any such proof, the presumption is that they own the properties 50:50)

As to the share of your father in the properties, that would belong to his heirs, you, his legal wife, and your legitimate half-sibling. The legitimate half-sibling is entitled to 1/2 of the property; you would be entitled to 1/4th; and the legal wife, the other fourth.

ther nd his legal wife were governed by "conju

May makukuha ba yun anak nya sa una(legal wife) na nagpipilit sa ownership sa naiwan father ko kasi sya daw legitimate child kasi kasal father ko sa mother nya? Pero both parents ko naman nakapangalan properties at hindi solo sa father ko lang.

Q: May makukuha ba yun anak nya sa una(legal wife) na nagpipilit sa ownership?

Yes, meron sityang makukuha.

Assuming that the legal wife is still alive, that makes you illegitimate.

That also means that the property relations between your late father and your mother is governed by Art. 148 of the Family Code.

Art. 148 says that the properties acquired by your father and mother will be owned by them in proportion to their actual contribution. So, even if the properties are registered in both their names, if it was only your father who was working, the properties would belong solely to the conjugal partnership of your father and his legal wife (THIS IS A MATTER OF EVIDENCE. THEY HAVE TO PROVE THAT YOUR MOTHER HAD NO FINANCIAL CAPACITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE ACQUISITION OF THE PROPERTY. Without any such proof, the presumption is that they own the properties 50:50)

As to the share of your father in the properties, that would belong to his heirs, you, his legal wife, and your legitimate half-sibling. The legitimate half-sibling is entitled to 1/2 of the property; you would be entitled to 1/4th; and the legal wife, the other fourth.

ther nd his legal wife were governed by "conju

May makukuha ba yun anak nya sa una(legal wife) na nagpipilit sa ownership sa naiwan father ko kasi sya daw legitimate child kasi kasal father ko sa mother nya? Pero both parents ko naman nakapangalan properties at hindi solo sa father ko lang.

wow thank you very much for taking time to answer my queries. ^_^ God bless po.

Attorneys please help:

we had a family trip to burias island (island hopping). My wife arranged the trip through events coordinator. So c events coordinator ang may contact sa lahat (van, bangka, hotel etc). This trip is not exclusive sa family nmen, may ibang ksama na d nmen kilala. Before yung date ng alis nmen, may mga hininging details like names, ages and birth dates ng mga kasama (i suppose gagamitin sa manifesto).

When the set date comes, sa isang beach resort in san fransisco quezon kme mineet ng banka. Dun kme sumakay patawid papuntang burias. Since first time nmen, hindi nmen alam na may port pala na tamang daanan papuntang burias. Meaning sa back door pala dumaan yung banka since pag sa port kme nagdaan mababawasan ang pasahero nila. We were 35 persons on the boat. Ang sbe ng coast guards 20 lang max ang pinapayagan.

So accident happens, tumaob ang bangka nmen and we lost our 5 yr old daughter.

Question: can we file reckless imprudence resulting to homicide? How strong is the case?

Meron din bang case na pwede ikaso sa coordinator? Since sya ang kausap ng mga bankero and they should have make sure na dumaan sana kme sa port?

Salamat sa mga sasagot mga master.

Attorneys please help:

we had a family trip to burias island (island hopping). My wife arranged the trip through events coordinator. So c events coordinator ang may contact sa lahat (van, bangka, hotel etc). This trip is not exclusive sa family nmen, may ibang ksama na d nmen kilala. Before yung date ng alis nmen, may mga hininging details like names, ages and birth dates ng mga kasama (i suppose gagamitin sa manifesto).

When the set date comes, sa isang beach resort in san fransisco quezon kme mineet ng banka. Dun kme sumakay patawid papuntang burias. Since first time nmen, hindi nmen alam na may port pala na tamang daanan papuntang burias. Meaning sa back door pala dumaan yung banka since pag sa port kme nagdaan mababawasan ang pasahero nila. We were 35 persons on the boat. Ang sbe ng coast guards 20 lang max ang pinapayagan.

So accident happens, tumaob ang bangka nmen and we lost our 5 yr old daughter.

Question: can we file reckless imprudence resulting to homicide? How strong is the case?

Meron din bang case na pwede ikaso sa coordinator? Since sya ang kausap ng mga bankero and they should have make sure na dumaan sana kme sa port?

Salamat sa mga sasagot mga master.

Yes, you can file against the captain/boatman of the bangka for criminal liability, and if he is an employee, you can include the employer as regards the civil liability or damages, in case of insolvency of the employee only.

For your reference, Reckless imprudence consists involuntary, but without malice, doing or failing to do an act from which material damage results by reason of inexcusable lack of precaution on the part of the person performing of failing to perform such act, taking into consideration his employment or occupation, degree of intelligence, physical condition and other circumstances regarding persons, time and place. To constitute the offense of reckless driving, the act must be something more than a mere negligence in the operation of the motor vehicle, but a willful and wanton disregard of the consequences is required. (G.R. No.178145). In your case, the fact that 35 people were loaded onto the vessel instead of the allowable load of 20 means that there is an inexcusable lack of precaution on the part of the boatman/captain.

As to how strong the case is, it's hard to say because it is dependent on a variety of factors, primarily the evidence available at hand (i.e. police report, affidavits, etc.). If kulang and ebidensya, maaaring matalo padin ang kaso.

As regards the coordinator, it is possible, but it largely depends on the contract that you have with them. Their responsibility may be limited depending on the agreement you have with them.

Please note that my opinion is based on my understanding of the facts you stated. It could vary depending on additional information that you could disclose. I hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, you can file against the captain/boatman of the bangka for criminal liability, and if he is an employee, you can include the employer as regards the civil liability or damages, in case of insolvency of the employee only.

For your reference, Reckless imprudence consists involuntary, but without malice, doing or failing to do an act from which material damage results by reason of inexcusable lack of precaution on the part of the person performing of failing to perform such act, taking into consideration his employment or occupation, degree of intelligence, physical condition and other circumstances regarding persons, time and place. To constitute the offense of reckless driving, the act must be something more than a mere negligence in the operation of the motor vehicle, but a willful and wanton disregard of the consequences is required. (G.R. No.178145). In your case, the fact that 35 people were loaded onto the vessel instead of the allowable load of 20 means that there is an inexcusable lack of precaution on the part of the boatman/captain.

As to how strong the case is, it's hard to say because it is dependent on a variety of factors, primarily the evidence available at hand (i.e. police report, affidavits, etc.). If kulang and ebidensya, maaaring matalo padin ang kaso.

As regards the coordinator, it is possible, but it largely depends on the contract that you have with them. Their responsibility may be limited depending on the agreement you have with them.

Please note that my opinion is based on my understanding of the facts you stated. It could vary depending on additional information that you could disclose. I hope this helps.

Maraming salamat po sa sagot Yellowpanda.

Follow up question lang po. May possibility ba na magfile din kme or ilipat ang hearing dito sa Quezon City (residence address ng complainant)? Or dun lang tlaga sa pinangyarihan pwede dinigin ang kaso?

If ever pwede sa QC, ano2 ang kailangan nmen gawin?

Maraming salamat po sa sagot Yellowpanda.

Follow up question lang po. May possibility ba na magfile din kme or ilipat ang hearing dito sa Quezon City (residence address ng complainant)? Or dun lang tlaga sa pinangyarihan pwede dinigin ang kaso?

If ever pwede sa QC, ano2 ang kailangan nmen gawin?

As a rule, the court of the place where the crime was allegedly committed has jurisdiction to hear and try the case. Meaning, dun talaga sisimulan sa pinangyarihan. However, pag nasimulan na, pwede magpetition for change of venue sa supreme court, hindi din automatic yun na iggrant, kailangan padin talaga patunayan na magpapalipat ng venue ng trial to avoid a miscarriage of justice.

• Like (+1) 1

Good morning, hingi lang po ako ng legal advice para sa partner ko, not married po kme.

Yung biological father po nya ay stoke patient and meron pong katiwala na kasama nya years ago. Dahil stroke

patient, gusto ng katiwala na iwan at ibigay sa partner ko ang pagasikaso dahil wala na pong pera.

To give a background, biological father kasi un lang po ang ibinigay ng father nya.

Hindi na po lumaki ang partner ko at mga kapatid dahil mula bata ay iniwan na sila ng biological father. Nakaranas ang partner ko nung bata ng

physical abuse, verbal abuse, araw araw po lasing ang biological father at tatawag para murahin. Hindi na po tanggap ng partner ko simula

noon at masasabi na pong estranged.

Idinaan po sa barangay ung gustong pagiwan ng mga katiwala at ang desisyon po ng partner ko is hindi tanggapin.

Nakikitira lang po sa magulang ko, may anak po kme na mas priority, wala pong kapasidad ang partner ko financially.

Alam ko meron DSWD na magsasabi na iiwan sa next of kin pero sa sitwasyon po nila ay di po tanggapin ng partner ko ang biological father.

Ano po dapat gawin para ma legal at matapos ang issue.

Salamat po

Good morning, hingi lang po ako ng legal advice para sa partner ko, not married po kme.

Yung biological father po nya ay stoke patient and meron pong katiwala na kasama nya years ago. Dahil stroke

patient, gusto ng katiwala na iwan at ibigay sa partner ko ang pagasikaso dahil wala na pong pera.

To give a background, biological father kasi un lang po ang ibinigay ng father nya.

Hindi na po lumaki ang partner ko at mga kapatid dahil mula bata ay iniwan na sila ng biological father. Nakaranas ang partner ko nung bata ng

physical abuse, verbal abuse, araw araw po lasing ang biological father at tatawag para murahin. Hindi na po tanggap ng partner ko simula

noon at masasabi na pong estranged.

Idinaan po sa barangay ung gustong pagiwan ng mga katiwala at ang desisyon po ng partner ko is hindi tanggapin.

Nakikitira lang po sa magulang ko, may anak po kme na mas priority, wala pong kapasidad ang partner ko financially.

Alam ko meron DSWD na magsasabi na iiwan sa next of kin pero sa sitwasyon po nila ay di po tanggapin ng partner ko ang biological father.

Ano po dapat gawin para ma legal at matapos ang issue.

Salamat po

Obligasyon ng magulang at anak na suportahan ang isa't-isa (see Art. 195, Family Code).

Pero, ang suporta ay depende sa kakayahan ng magbibigay (Art. 201, Family Code) at may pagkakasunod-sunod ang pagbibigay ng suporta (Art. 200, Family Code).

Bago mo itaguyod at tustusan ang iba, kailangang itaguyod mo muna ang iyong sarili. Bago ang magulang, sariling asawa at anak muna ang iyong kailangang tustusan.

Ikaw na mismo ang nagsasabi na walang kakayahang pinansyal ang kinakasama mo. Bago niya tustusan ang magulang niya, sarili niya at anak niya muna ang dapat niyang itaguyod (labas ka na sa eksena dahil hindi naman kayo kasal).

Dahil wala nga siyang kakayahan, may karapatang tumanggi ang iyong kinakasama sa kagustuhan ng katiwala. At alalahanin mo rin na ang tanging papel ng barangay ay IPAGKASUNDO LAMANG ANG MGA HUMAHARAP DITO. Walang kapangyarihan ang barangay na pilitin ang kinakasama mo na tanggapin ang ama niya.

Ang problema mo, walang legal na hakbang para sa inyo para TAPUSIN ang issue. Walang kapangyarihan ang barangay na tapusin ang issue, dahil trabaho nga lang nila ay ipagkasundo ang mga partido. Kung di magkasundo, sa korte ang sunod na hakbang. Hindi naman kayo dapat ang magsampa ng reklamo sa hukuman para sa paghingi ng suporta (bakit kayo ang gagastos sa abugado? ano kayo, tanga?) kundi ang ama ng kinakasama mo. Wala siyang kakayahan para kumuha ng abugado. Mas lalong hindi siya gagastusan ng katiwala. Tapos, kung isampa man nila yan, may mabisang depensa ang kinakasama mo - wala siyang kakayahan para suportahan ang ama niya at una ang inyong anak bago siya.

Pagkatapos, hindi rin maaaring pilitin ng DSWD ang kinakasama mo na tanggapin at tustusan ang kanyang ama (dahil nga sa Art. 200 at 201 ng Family Code) at dahil bawal pilitin ang isang tao sa isang bagay na ayaw niyang gawin (see Art. 286, Grave Coercion, Revised Penal Code).

Sa kahuli-hulihan, basta na lang iaabandona yang ama ng kinakasama mo ng katiwala. DSWD na lang ang pag-asa niya.

Moral of the story: KARMA IS A B_TCH!

Edited by rocco69
  • Like (+1) 1