Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

If the files cant be removed they are protected by windows, so you need to disable system restore first and do full scan again.

I turned off the system restore long time ago, worst thing, I think they're dlls currently used by Windows. Option would probably scan on "safe mode" or in DOS mode. Problem is only option available (as for AVG / Norton 2004, using latest updated virus files) is to delete/remove the files (they're system dlls, why remove/delete???).

If you want a very user friendly firewall I recommend zone alarm, it blocks any kind of access to your pc depends on your setting, then use ad -aware, and the cleaner to clean any spyware, use norton or avg whichever you prefer to block virus, and also use norton anti-spam for your email securities.. then use tune-Up utilities to optimise your windows/internet access...

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. I want to ask these hypothetical questions for my information only.

Suppose if i have sex with a girl who misrepresents herself to be 18 years old. Will i be guilty of child abuse if the girl's age later turn out to be lets say 16.

If during the time of sexual encounter she is below 18 years old, can she file charges later when she is already 18 years old.

My 10 cents worth of advise though.

1) Misrepresentation by the victim of her age is a very shaky defense even if she looks older than she really is. This is because, if she denies (which in most cases she will) the misrepresentation, it would only be your word against hers. And in cases of abuse of minor, most doubts are resolved in the victim's favor due to her age. Circumstantial advantage yan ng victime. Similar to rape victims, when they say they were forced and the offender says "she seduced me" the court tends to give more credence to the victim even if she was a prostitute.

2) Yes. A child below 18 years can file an action when she reaches 18, even if the event took place when she was 12. The period of prescription does not begin to run until she reaches 18.

Moral of the story, if you can't be good, be careful. And I mean very, very careful!

My 10 cents worth of advise though.

1) Misrepresentation by the victim of her age is a very shaky defense even if she looks older than she really is. This is because, if she denies (which in most cases she will) the misrepresentation, it would only be your word against hers. And in cases of abuse of minor, most doubts are resolved in the victim's favor due to her age. Circumstantial advantage yan ng victime. Similar to rape victims, when they say they were forced and the offender says "she seduced me" the court tends to give more credence to the victim even if she was a prostitute.

2) Yes. A child below 18 years can file an action when she reaches 18, even if the event took place when she was 12. The period of prescription does not begin to run until she reaches 18.

Moral of the story, if you can't be good, be careful. And I mean very, very careful!

I AGREE.

know your partner first. especially kung hindi sya prostitute.

but dont worry, if she is 16 years old, and looks to be of age, that i till a defense you can use. pagalingan nalang ng ebidensya yan.

just dont f*ck a minor 12 and below. autmoatic yan, whether or not with consent. thats statutory rape. something that jaloslos is paying for now.

If you want a very user friendly firewall I recommend zone alarm, it blocks any kind of access to your pc depends on your setting, then use ad -aware, and the cleaner to clean any spyware, use norton or avg whichever you prefer to block virus, and also use norton anti-spam for your email securities.. then use tune-Up utilities to optimise your windows/internet access...

thanks dude, I'll consider this advise :)

thanks matsutsu, I'm not sure about trendmicro , is it better than Norton /AVG? In what way?

I have friends working in trend micro. nasa libis yung AV dept nila.

gawang pinoy yung virus pattern files. :cool:

AV companies usually share virus info amongst them.

Pero sometimes may nang-iipit ng virus sample para sila kunwari yung una maka-detect. ;)

Have ur pick. Norton is US, AVG is somewhere in Russia ata and Trend is PH.

When you suspect ur system is infected with virus. Run in SAFE MODE para essential services and tasks will run only. Then run a total virus scan (must be update yung scan engine at pattern file) on all of ur system.

Waaah!!!!! In that case I really advise you to reformat your PC... huhuhuhu... I thought it is just 3-6 files that have been altered/infected by those virus/spyware/adwares/whateverwares… anyways, since you just reformatted your pc here are some good tips (A MUST!) to protect your pc. (A new start)

Follow the following steps one by one and MUST be in order:

First after installing your operating system,

1> Set up your internet connection first, (DSL, Cable, Dial-Up) Then connect to Windows Update A.S.A.P and update ALL of the security patches, program updates/upgrades etc. for your Windows Operating System!

This is A MUST! Never ever start to use your pc unless you have all of this installed! Remember the Blaster and Sobig virus that went into outbreak mid-last year? They are programmed to target a windows exploit that has been discovered a few weeks before the virus outbreak. And the only ones that are affected are those who did NOT download and update the security patches/updates!

Also few weeks ago, first week of the current month a new windows exploit found in all of the version of windows and not just “exploit” it is called M.O.A.W.E “Mother of All Windows Exploit” A security hole found in windows that may allow an attacker to FLASH your MOBO and leave it useless. Lol! Sounds cool! Heheh! So before a virus that has been program to attack this new exploit gets in to the wild, download and update your windows OS NOW!

To start windows update click START-All Programs-Windows Update or go to the Windows Update site HERE!

2> Download and use ONLY 1 and I mean 1 not 2 not 3 not 4! Period! Anti-Virus software as your main resident Anti-Virus scanner.

There are lots of trusted AV’s out there, Ex: Norton, McAfee, E-Trust Etc etc! I usually recommend Symantec’s Norton Anti-Virus coz it has more virus definitions updates, and real time protection (catch a virus before it gets downloaded to your PC), in depth compressed file scanning and nice script blocking than any other AV software.

However. NO AV software out there is perfect so I advise you to use an online virus scanner as your back-up scanner and run a full system scan at least once a week!

Remember! NEVER EVER USE 2 or more Anti-Virus software in one single PC. It will make more harm than good to your PC. The two programs can conflict with each other and thus reduce the program’s affectivity by as nearly 200% or worst it can cause your system to lock up and crash.

Turning off the other AV’s real time protection is NOT an excuse,

Conflict is not based on how many AV’s are there running simultaneously but the conflicts do happen inside the system registry and the .dll files of the two AV’s software. Take it from me and nobody else!

Available Online Anti-Virus/Security Scanners:

Symantec

TrendMicro Housecall

R.A.V Scanner

Panda Online Scanner

3> Download and install a FIREWALL!

Remember a good firewall is always your FIRST line of defense against Hackers, System Intrusions And some Trojans worms.

A firewall also blocks any outbound connection of all the programs in your PC unless you allow it. For Example you got a Trojan inside your pc and is trying to call back home to it’s creator to send them information of your pc, (password, personal infos etc.) The firewall will notify you and block its internet connection.

Also the firewall will prevent any incoming suspicious connections to your pc and hide all unused ports so that it will be invincible to hackers who are trying to access your PC.

You can download a FREE copy of firewall made by the following trusted vendors:

ZoneAlarm

SYGATE

REMEMBER: Like the Anti-Virus software’s NEVER EVER use 2 or more Firewall software in your PC. Oh come on… don’t let me explain again on why you shouldn’t use 2 firewalls right? Geezzz…

4> Download Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware, and Spybot Search and Destroy!

The Spyware Blaster is like a Firewall for Adwares and Spywares.

This software doesn’t clean out adwares and spywares, but it prevents those malwares from getting installed in your pc.

But when those Adware/Spyware gets past Spyware Blaster, This is the time when Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy comes in to action.

The Ad-Aware and Spybot acts like an AV and scans your system for adwares or spywares. But unlike the Anti-Virus it is possible for you to install these two softwares at the same time without them conflicting with each other and some adware/spyware can be detected by Ad-Aware which Spybot could not detect and vice versa.

Download Spyware Blaster HERE!

Download Ad-Aware HERE!

Download Spybot Search & Destroy HERE!

All of the programs mentioned above have program updates! You must download all the program/definitions/signature updates before you start to use them!

Hope this help you to have a more secure and safe way of using your computer! Have a nice day! Pheewww……

:mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc:

RE: Kazaa, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger!

KaZaA is NOT a place where you wanna end your ass up if you don't have any Anti-Virus and Firewall installed.

The "Regular" KaZaA program you get from www.kazaa.com COMES with Adwares and spyware which you really don’t wanna have inside your computer system!

Solution??!

Use KaZaA Lite Resurrection!

This baby right here is burning HOT and it comes with a bunch of tools which can make you smile when comes to free mp3s and movies!

This is a FREE hacked version of KaZaA WITHOUT those freaking Spywares! This means tons of FREE mp3s and movies without compromising your privacy and security!

Did i also mention that you also get a full 1000 Participation Level?

Oh one more thing! ONLY use kazaa to download music and movie files! EG: .mp3, .wma, .wmv, .avi, .mpeg files!

Never ever download .exe executable files at Kazaa! Those are f*ckin Viruses, Trojans, etc etc!

Example: File Name (Fake): Norton Anti Virus

File Size: 24 Kb

Duh! an Anti-Virus software??! But the file size is only 24 Kilobytes?!!! Damm a very low bit rate full song mp3 is much bigger than that huh? Use your common sense!

Also scan EVERY file you downloaded from the internet before opening them!

“9 out of 10 .exe Executable and Zip Files downloaded from KaZaA contains Viruses” – From a top leading cyber security company press release.

Visit The official website of KaZaA Lite Resurrection

HERE!

Latest Version Is KaZaA Lite Resurrection 006 2.4.9

For the Yahoo, AOL, Window Messengers and ICQ, They also have some security flaws which may allow some hackers to use them as a gateway to attack or steal personal infos from your PC and/or read your instant chat messages!

Solution??!

You can also get the program updates for the said messengers and programs by visiting their creator’s respected sites for program updates.

OR

Use the Trillian all in one messenger. (MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ, IRC, and aim)

Visit the homepage of Trillian HERE!

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. I want to ask these hypothetical questions for my information only.

Suppose if i have sex with a girl who misrepresents herself to be 18 years old. Will i be guilty of child abuse if the girl's age later turn out to be lets say 16.

If during the time of sexual encounter she is below 18 years old, can she file charges later when she is already 18 years old.

There are two crimes under the Revised Penal Code with regard to having sex with girls between the ages of 12 and 18, with consent of course (no consent is rape, no matter what age).

Qualified seduction - she had be a virgin; penalty - up to 2 years and 4 months

Simple seduction - up to six months.

The defense of misrepresentation maybe allowed depending on your age. The judge is human too you know. If you are a 30+ year old man having sex with a teenager, misrepresentation would be hardly believed. If you are married, it will be worse. The case would be different if the offender would be only 18 or slightly older.

On filing charges two years after the deed, the offended may because the prescription period for qualified seduction is 10 years, while simple seduction is 5 years.

Tip - It's not worth the risk! If you go to jail, you will be seduced!

ei CyberRay...

when ur hot ur hot huh! :cool:

i use KSR for music downloads together with WinMX, only thing im curious of is Kazaa Download Accelarator...

while it does speed up searching, does it reallly do what its supposed to do?

DAPv7 works like a dream! once you select extreme download speed, it's like nitro kickin in...

thanks to extreme for the s/n for DAPv7!

post-20-1076928521.gif

--- CyberRay's CyberTip Of The Month! ---

For Microsoft Windows users only!

Wanna protect your PC but you don't have enough bucks left in your wallet?

Well, no problemo! Microsoft© and Computer Associates© International Inc. has partnered up to give you a FREE copy of their award winning eTrust EZ Armor Internet Security Suite very similar to my Norton Internet Security 2004 Pro!

Yep you read it right! A FREE Anti-Virus w/ Firewall and 1 year of virus definitions and program updates subscription for you!

Visit the official website now for more info!

CLICK HERE!

* Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor-LE Antivirus and Firewall security suite. Valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not to be combined with any other offer. Customers may elect to upgrade to eTrust EZ Armor with enhanced firewall functionality. Annual subscriptions can be renewed after first year at current renewal rate. Free software offer expires 2/1/05. **IDC 2003.

:mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc: :cool: :mtc:

I AGREE.

know your partner first. especially kung hindi sya prostitute.

but dont worry, if she is 16 years old, and looks to be of age, that i till a defense you can use. pagalingan nalang ng ebidensya yan.

just dont f*ck a minor 12 and below. autmoatic yan, whether or not with consent. thats statutory rape. something that jaloslos is paying for now.

Does it make any difference if she is a prostitute? The defense of misrepresentation is more acceptable if the victim is a prostitute?

magtatanong lang po... i bought an very problematic AMD athlon xp 2100+ unit recently, hang nang hang after 3-4 hrs of use saka it refuses to play games, laging nagcra-crash sa desktop. i tried to edit some bios config combinations, until desperate na ko i loaded the bios setup default. ngayon my athlon is currently set up as xp 1500+ pero hindi na sya nagha-hang and i can play games now. ask ko lang po if theres a way i could really know what speed the processor that the computer store gave me? ung method without resorting to actually taking off the processor from the mobo? baka po kasi lower speed ung binigay sa kin tapos ino-overclock lang nila... thank you po in advance. i could really use your help guys.

:(

syempre, there is no rape pag voluntary prostitution ang usapan. but there is this new anti-human trafficking law that prohibits sex with prostitutes. damay pati yung customer.

what i meant is that if the girl is not a prostitute, find time or ways to know her naman. dont just jump into bed. its more of a moral obligation than a legal one.

roubiax is correct. there is no rape if the victim is 13 and above. seduction lang.

the defence of misrepresentation shall be available in any case. kanya kanya na lang yan sa pagdating sa presentation of evidence and galing ng atty.

magtatanong lang po... i bought an very problematic AMD athlon xp 2100+ unit recently, hang nang hang after 3-4 hrs of use saka it refuses to play games, laging nagcra-crash sa desktop. i tried to edit some bios config combinations, until desperate na ko i loaded the bios setup default. ngayon my athlon is currently set up as xp 1500+ pero hindi na sya nagha-hang and i can play games now. ask ko lang po if theres a way i could really know what speed the processor that the computer store gave me? ung method without resorting to actually taking off the processor from the mobo? baka po kasi lower speed ung binigay sa kin tapos ino-overclock lang nila... thank you po in advance. i could really use your help guys.

baka naman mainit at walang ventilation! kailangan na kailangan ng mga amd's yan.

do you have a video card installed with the pc? kasi if shared sya, it loads up the cpu as well making it hotter as long as you use it.

very vague kasi yung explaination, what' your computer's specs ba aside from having an amd 2100+ processor, like vdo card, how many mb of ram you got? what's your os? how big is your hdd?

post-20-1076959555.gif

meron nga ganitong case n pinapalitan nila yung label ng processor and sell it as a higher model.check mo kung medyo iba yung itsura ng label ng processor then if in doubt u could go to gilmore doon yung building ng AMD distributor tapos ipakita mo yung processor.

you could try running it at a higher speed tapos babaan mo yung voltage mo ng 0.25v or 0.5v(yes some processors can run undervolted)para hdi mabilis mgoverheat.

Follow the following steps one by one and MUST be in order:

First after installing your operating system,

1> Set up your internet connection first, (DSL, Cable, Dial-Up) Then connect to Windows Update A.S.A.P and update ALL of the security patches, program updates/upgrades etc. for your Windows Operating System!

This is A MUST! Never ever start to use your pc unless you have all of this installed! Remember the Blaster and Sobig virus that went into outbreak mid-last year? They are programmed to target a windows exploit that has been discovered a few weeks before the virus outbreak. And the only ones that are affected are those who did NOT download and update the security patches/updates!

a MUST if you have d bandwidth... otherwise mnghiram s barkada ng SP1 and the latest patches.ive only used SP1 recently and havent downloaded any winxp patches from the internet... y? coz god knows y.hehe.

2> Download and use ONLY 1 and I mean 1 not 2 not 3 not 4! Period! Anti-Virus software as your main resident Anti-Virus scanner.

Remember! NEVER EVER USE 2 or more Anti-Virus software in one single PC. It will make more harm than good to your PC. The two programs can conflict with each other and thus reduce the program’s affectivity by as nearly 200% or worst it can cause your system to lock up and crash.

Turning off the other AV’s real time protection is NOT an excuse,

Conflict is not based on how many AV’s are there running simultaneously but the conflicts do happen inside the system registry and the .dll files of the two AV’s software. Take it from me and nobody else!

you can use 2 anti-virus but only enable ONE realtime scanner.im using norton as my default anti-virus and AVG as a backup.u can scan a file with AVG when u right click on it and choose 'test by AVG',this way twice sya mscan ng anti-virus. and no, they DONT use the same proprietary .dlls...

3> Download and install a FIREWALL!

Remember a good firewall is always your FIRST line of defense against Hackers, System Intrusions And some Trojans worms.

use a firewall. i recommend 'kerio personal firewall' this is freeware - reminds me of conseal firewall pero meron n bayad yung conseal ngayon eh.kerio has features i havent found in other firewalls(well except for conseal), and i wont tell you what it is... u have to find that out. it might save ur PC life. ;)

4> Download Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware, and Spybot Search and Destroy!

The Spyware Blaster is like a Firewall for Adwares and Spywares.

This software doesn’t clean out adwares and spywares, but it prevents those malwares from getting installed in your pc.

But when those Adware/Spyware gets past Spyware Blaster, This is the time when Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy comes in to action.

hhmm... im using adware only after using Internet Explorer. otherwise im happy surfing using Opera 7.0/Netscape 7.0(used only for MTC,otherwise i use opera full time even when ordering from amazon)

Guys.., thanks for the great help !!!

I'll probably finish restoring my files today, I've already downloaded ad-aware/spybot, etc., mga tol, I've scanned my backup disks and found a whole lot of adwares/spywares. whew...

BTW, i've already installed xp SP1 and rpc security patch (for blaster worm)

Still on my checklists:

1. hijack

2. zonelab (or any personal firewall). Question, I've noticed in winxp (by inspection), that is supports firewall in network connection (network connections, properties (tcp-ip), advance tab). Is it reliable? somewhat comparable w/ zonelab or any other personal firewalls?

3. kazaa lite resurrection

4. trillian software (icq/ym, etc). safe ba talaga mga ito, do they support adds?

Thanks again!!

ei CyberRay...

when ur hot ur hot huh! :cool:

i use KSR for music downloads together with WinMX, only thing im curious of is Kazaa Download Accelarator...

while it does speed up searching, does it reallly do what its supposed to do?

DAPv7 works like a dream! once you select extreme download speed, it's like nitro kickin in...

thanks to extreme for the s/n for DAPv7!

pareng extreme, roxie...

Could you provide me a link / copy of DAP v7, something I've lost from reformatting my hard drive (old version nga lang sa akin)...

Also crack-serial :) :)

Thanks!!!

pareng extreme, roxie...

Could you provide me a link / copy of DAP v7, something I've lost from reformatting my hard drive (old version nga lang sa akin)...

Also crack-serial :) :)

Thanks!!!

Eto Uli:

For the Software get it Here:

http://download5.speedbit.com/dap7.exe

For the Patch/Crack; get it here:

http://wmw.andr.net/andr-crack/d/Download%20Accelerator%20Plus%20(%20DAP%20)%20%207.0.1.3%20%20-%20Bidjan.zip

:D

If dont want to download the patches everytime you reformat then download this software called autopatcherXP, they have all the patches saved in one file and have a menu to all the patches, can custom which patches you want or dont want to install.

for details go to this link

http://www.autopatcher.com/WebAPXP.htm

Yes trillian is very safe, and reliable, if you have multiple accounts and want to save memory resources, I've used this software for very long time and very reliable, I also do mirc on this software.

yeah i always wanted to know the diff between the two?

also, is there such a hardware that you split a dsl line into, multiple outputs, yet never degrade(same principle as a distribution amplifier for cable tv), i understand a 256k dsl can only handle like 12pc's.

is it just a marketing ploy, that you cant run a kazaa program on a diff pc, while others a running ragnarok?, they say it slows down the game to "gapang", does kazaa really uses so much bandwidth?

post-20-1076991512.gif

Edited by roxysnonie