Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Darnprick, was there written notice as to the reason for your forced resignation? Was it just conveyed to you verbally?

Is your company retrenching its employees or just terminating employees because of business prerogatives? Kindly fill me in with the info. and I'll try to address your query.

Cyber Pinoy:

there was no written notice whatsoever concerning reasons for the forced resignation. My immediate manager just talked to me 2 weeks ago and told me that the company wants me out. Thus, they are requesting me to tender my resignation effective immediately.

My boss only gave me 3 verbal reasons for their decision :

1. I was late during one of the Saturday in-house training

2. They say that my sales forecast is not enough to sustain my quota

3. They say that I am not confident with the existing opportunities I am committing to close.

There is no direct mandate from our OHQ to retrench employees. The last wave of retrenchment happened Nov 2002. We recently hired 2 managerial positions. Thus, I dont think we are losing business.

Im in the opinion that the new president wants me out because I am associated with the previous president.

Thanks for the help.

Darnprick, was there written notice as to the reason for your forced resignation?  Was it just conveyed to you verbally?

Is your company retrenching its employees or just terminating employees because of business prerogatives?  Kindly fill me in with the info. and I'll try to address your query.

Cyber Pinoy:

there was no written notice whatsoever concerning reasons for the forced resignation. My immediate manager just talked to me 2 weeks ago and told me that the company wants me out. Thus, they are requesting me to tender my resignation effective immediately.

My boss only gave me 3 verbal reasons for their decision :

1. I was late during one of the Saturday in-house training

2. They say that my sales forecast is not enough to sustain my quota

3. They say that I am not confident with the existing opportunities I am committing to close.

There is no direct mandate from our OHQ to retrench employees. The last wave of retrenchment happened Nov 2002. We recently hired 2 managerial positions. Thus, I dont think we are losing business.

Im in the opinion that the new president wants me out because I am associated with the previous president.

Thanks for the help.

Darnprick, if I were you dont resign from the company and wait for the company's next move. For me, this is tantamount to constructive dismissal wherein you are entitled to benefits provided by law.

Where an employer terminates an employee, but by circumstance or strategem makes this appear as a resignation, there is constructive dismissal which entitles the employee to separation benefits. If an employer direct its employees to submit letters of "courtesy resignation", the company in effect forces upon its employees an act which they themselves should voluntarily do. Resignation, per se, means voluntary relinquishment of a position or office. Adding the word "courtesy" does not change the essence of resignation.

If this is management's prerogatives, you still have rights as an employee of the company, not only your constitutional right to security of tenure which cannot be waived and being a regular employee but also of the right of due process in which the company should inform you why they want you out of the company. Personally, there should be notice from the company explaining why you should be dismissed. This burden of proof rests upon the employer.

Just work and work and work. As if you have never worked before. You have your rights against erring employers.

Darnprick, if I were you dont resign from the company and wait for the company's next move. For me, this is tantamount to constructive dismissal wherein you are entitled to benefits provided by law.

Where an employer terminates an employee, but by circumstance or strategem makes this appear as a resignation, there is constructive dismissal which entitles the employee to separation benefits. If an employer direct its employees to submit letters of "courtesy resignation", the company in effect forces upon its employees an act which they themselves should voluntarily do. Resignation, per se, means voluntary relinquishment of a position or office. Adding the word "courtesy" does not change the essence of resignation.

If this is management's prerogatives, you still have rights as an employee of the company, not only your constitutional right to security of tenure which cannot be waived and being a regular employee but also of the right of due process in which the company should inform you why they want you out of the company. Personally, there should be notice from the company explaining why you should be dismissed. This burden of proof rests upon the employer.

Just work and work and work. As if you have never worked before. You have your rights against erring employers.

Cyber pinoy, thank you so much for the insights. Ive learned much from your advise. Its good to know that i have rights in this particular situation. Thats why i have not tendered my resignation since they told me 2 weeks back. Since then, ive been reporting to work daily and continue to do my job.

As advised, i will wait for their next move. Whether they let me stay or they give me a good separation package.

Again, thanks so much for your valuable assistance on this matter.

All the best to you. God bless.

Guest -=xerxes=-

i had a disagreement with a co-employee

since she has no authority over me, (we are of separate department)...and she shouted to me during our phone conversation..

i sent a complaint letter to her boss, regarding her unprofessional behavior, asking for a disciplinary action

what she replied to me is a letter from a law office, demanding i make public apology since they say, what my letter says is purely character assasination...father in law niya yung may ari ng law office

what sould i do? surely this is clearly intimidation, because they heard from the grapevine i intend to dig more of their skeletons, and that i will be bringing out all their other wrongdoings :D

I have a notebook.

I used it when I was in Taipei.....I was able to reach 52K.

I know...it is close to impossible to get the 56K sa dial-up.

Back in Manila, I connect to my company and I get up to 33K.

So I'm sure my modem has no problem.

A friend of mine told me that some old telephone lines will only carry up to 11-14K.

Gapang di ba?

your problem is strange. But i have a stange answer

i also have a notebook. I use a PCMCIA XJACK modem made by 3Com USRobotics. my highest speed is only 55Kbps (using ISP Bonanza card). my tel line is Bayantel.

i also have a NEC serial external modem but i can only connect 51Kbps with that.

last night i bought a serial 3com US Robotics Message modem and connected at 55Kbps. I was actually surprised.

all connections were made using ISP Bonanza card.

same phone line, same phone cable.

where do u think is the problem?

btw, what is the brand of your modem? and is it internal or PCMCIA?

I have 6 of these 3com Xjack PCMCIA modems(dongle-less, no-cable design) i only need one so i am selling the other 5.

I am also selling now my NEC 56K V.90 external serial modem.

PM me if interested.

@Umbertoeklat

Musta rin pre? ok lang ako. kailan ka bili laptop sa aken ha? tagal ko di naglogin dito eh.

@marc.allan

you're welcome dude. Di ka na ba pumupunta sa ILS para makita sa Sir Ed?

about your problem, tanggalin mo yung mem then try another one. pag ok, mem mo nga ang problem.

im not sure kung ok lang na magdagdag ka and still retain the bad stick.

Is it right for a certain university na ang faculty na pinagtuturo nila ay makakareceive ng 1/4 of their salary dahil sa wala pang appointment letter according to the HR department.

Any comments please...

parang kulang po

ano pong letter of appointment?

kung wala po bang letter of appointment, part time ka lang or casual employee, for that matter?

pero unjustifiable yun 1/4 salary, lalo kung below minimum ang narereceive

I am working as a full - time faculty at this university and the rate is P13,000 a month. What I mean by 1/4 yung half month na salary ay kalhati lang ang nakuha namin.

Kasi at he university I'm working at every trimester may contract lagi kami na pinipirmahan para makatuloy ka pa rin magturo. Last trimester wala kaming contract na na pirmahan pero buo ang suweldo but this tri nagtataka kami na nasa prelim exams na kami at bingiyan lang kami ng 1/4 of our salary. Reason for this ay dahil wala pang summary list of the instructors according to our HR. No summary list, no appointment and thus 1/4 salary.

Tama ba yun? Kung mali sila, takot mag - unite ang ibang faculty members dito.

Anong magandang advice.....

Guys is updating your bios really safe? Kasi balak ko nang mag-update ng bios, and it is my first time to do so. Ang inaalala ko lang kasi ay kapag nagkaroon ng power outtage withing the updating process, baka mawala lamn ng motherboard bios ko at maging useless na.

Any tips or guideleines on how to perform bios updating safely and successfully would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Guest -=xerxes=-

parang kilala ko university na yan :lol:

buti ka nga 1/4, yung part-time nila as in wala :D :D

the mere fact you work for it already, dapay they pay you the full amount

when the employee completed the hiring requirements, they should release the contract asap

ang style kasi nila diyan, they delay the contract so they delay also the payment of salary :D

:lol:

Tanong ko about modems/dial-up.

What affects my dial-up speed?

Some prepaid net cards says 56K but when I check, I only get up to 11K!  :angry:

My modem can handle up to 56K.

Sometimes I connect to other ISP and it says 25K.

Is it with the ISP?

this one i got from a friend... i dont know if its true...

totake advantage of the full speed of your dial up connection, the modems have to be of the same brand (even this does not assure full 56K, as sometimes, same model padapat) so kung USR ang gamit ng ISP mo at d-link yung sa yo, the connection wont acheve its full potential...

pls confirm above information... coz im not sure eh...

thanks!!

not necessarily. But it will sure help.

The standard to follow is by both using the V.92 (yan na standard ngayon right?)

and of course, most phone lines here still can't utilize it properly.

Tanong ko about modems/dial-up.

What affects my dial-up speed?

Some prepaid net cards says 56K but when I check, I only get up to 11K! :angry:

My modem can handle up to 56K.

Sometimes I connect to other ISP and it says 25K.

Is it with the ISP?

What affects dial up speed is

#1 what your isp gives you like you get 56k or 11k and how much you really get like 6k on a 38k connection or 18k on a 28k connection (see the difference)

#2 Your telephone wiring affects your bandwidth, kung may telephone extension ka na flatwire dapat maiksi lang yun from the twisted pair, the shorter it is the larger your bandwidth because noise affects the bandwith (that flatwire is very noisy, yes the one that connects your modem to the wall telephone plug i have 20 meters of that kaya pain ang maginternet para sa akin).

Minsan kinonect ako ng friend ko sa office nila i got 11kbps pero it was smokin compared to the usual 42kbps in my prepaid isp dahil true bandwidth yun unlike sa prepaid ko marketing s**t lang yung nakikita sa icon ng connection sa taskbar.

Guys is updating your bios really safe? Kasi balak ko nang mag-update ng bios, and it is my first time to do so. Ang inaalala ko lang kasi ay kapag nagkaroon ng power outtage withing the updating process, baka mawala lamn ng motherboard bios ko at maging useless na.

Any tips or guideleines on how to perform bios updating safely and successfully would be appreciated. Thanks :)

it is safe. just wish that the the electricity will not be interrupted. Its only about 10secs or less. borrow a UPS. or do it on a moment you think it's quite impossible to have a power interruption in your area.

most of the time, your system performance will improve coz Bios flashing normally corrects bugs on the initial bios release.

good luck. btw, do not do online flashing, download the flashfile first then flash it from the file.

it is safe. just wish that the the electricity will not be interrupted. Its only about 10secs or less. borrow a UPS. or do it on a moment you think it's quite impossible to have a power interruption in your area.

most of the time, your system performance will improve coz Bios flashing normally corrects bugs on the initial bios release.

good luck. btw, do not do online flashing, download the flashfile first then flash it from the file.

Thanks for the info.

May problema pa uli ako. Yung outlook 2000 ko nagtataka ako, everytime na nakakadownload ako ng eamilgaling sa isang ISP, iniiba niya yung entry ng Incoming Mail Server to "localhost" at pagkatapos yung user name naiiba din(nadadagdagan ng "/" then yung mail server for incoming mail). Kapag nababago ang mga ito di na kumukuha ng mail, not unless I manually change it. Ano kaya cause nito?

Thanks for the info.

May problema pa uli ako. Yung outlook 2000 ko nagtataka ako, everytime na nakakadownload ako ng eamilgaling sa isang ISP, iniiba niya yung entry ng Incoming Mail Server to "localhost" at pagkatapos yung user name naiiba din(nadadagdagan ng "/" then yung mail server for incoming mail). Kapag nababago ang mga ito di na kumukuha ng mail, not unless I manually change it. Ano kaya cause nito?

Maybe try mo I-scan mo yung system ng Trojan scanner, baka may trojan ka na nag chachange ng configuration.

Thanks for the info.

Maybe try mo I-scan mo yung system ng Trojan scanner, baka may trojan ka na nag chachange ng configuration.

Nag-scan na ako ng PC using PC-cillin and there's no Trojan found. Baka meron kang alam na site na nagbibigay ng freeware para mag scan ng Trojan.

Thanks.

stpatr3k

Thanks sa info.

Come to think of it, mejo mahaba yung phone extension namin. :lol:

Humihina yung signal kapag malayo sa jack or station.

ayus din pala yung nga internet prepaid card....tubong lugaw....had a friend na yun ang raket nya....ayus na ayus daw.

u mean nagbebenta lang sya ng prepaid cards or he's connected to a Provider a produces those cards?

parang kilala ko university na yan :lol:

buti ka nga 1/4, yung part-time nila as in wala :D :D

the mere fact you work for it already, dapay they pay you the full amount

when the employee completed the hiring requirements, they should release the contract asap

ang style kasi nila diyan, they delay the contract so they delay also the payment of salary :D

:lol:

parang marami ka na nalalaman sa university na pinapasukan ko ha :D

Pero paano kami mag complain kapag ni raise namin yung mga questions namin sinasabi ng HR namin na sumusunod lang sila sa head office namin. Kung may reklamo daw doon ipadala or mag-resign ka na lang if you don't like the system as they always say.

Paano yun gusto ko mag-reklamo pero takot mga kasama ko na matanggal o mawalan ng trabaho dahil according to them itong unuversity na ito ang pinakamalaki mag pasahod ng faculty.

Thanks for the info.

Nag-scan na ako ng PC using PC-cillin and there's no Trojan found. Baka meron kang alam na site na nagbibigay ng freeware para mag scan ng Trojan.

Thanks.

try mo din spybot s&d......

pc cillin is not a good anti virus.....(on my opinion and experience)

try searching in symantec. they have loads of free utilities that can clean ur pc and also do try to change ur anti virus software. i suggest norton anti-virus....

gudlak....

stpatr3k

Thanks sa info.

Come to think of it, mejo mahaba yung phone extension namin.  :lol:

Humihina yung signal kapag malayo sa jack or station.

ayus din pala yung nga internet prepaid card....tubong lugaw....had a friend na yun ang raket nya....ayus na ayus daw.

u mean nagbebenta lang sya ng prepaid cards or he's connected to a Provider a produces those cards?

Connected lng ata sya sa provider.....nakikisakay sa provider.

then yung provider nya...nakikisakay din.

pc cillin is not a good anti virus.....(on my opinion and experience)

Ano naging prob mo dun bro?

Sa akin kasi so far ok sya 100% basta updated ka lang ng pattern file mo at scan engine. Dito sa Libis ang HQ nyan hehe so mga pinoy ang masisi mo kung updated ka na at nagka prob ka pa.

Edited by stpatr3k

Magandang araw po

I have a problem with my internet explorer at home, ayaw niyang iopen ang MTC. Pag tinatype ko yung url ng MTC sa address it is directed to another website parang mywebsearch yata yun. I suspect there is a script that is being loaded from my computer kaya the website is being directed to another website.... ano ba ang dapat kong gawin to correct this, will it help if I reinstall Internet Explorer??? tulong naman