What's The Last Book You've Read?

Was pretty much underground ... hadnt read anything for the past couple of months.

Just got back to appreciating the written word ... it's nice to know you can borrow from friends than spend P300+ for a good book. ;-)

Currently reading ... "Heartstone" by Phillip Margolin. Interesting ... ala-CSI with The Practice mixed into it.

Any other suggestions for good reads?

I'm reading Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

I know one shouldn't judge a book by its cover but my copy's got this really cool cover artwork. I tried looking for the artist's name but I can't find it anywhere in the book. Anywayz, it's a painting of a guy on top of a red house roof. The roof is one of those sharp triangular shaped ones, you know? Maybe it's a birdhouse. It looks as if he's going to jump but maybe he's just reflecting. He seems to be staring at the sky, which is cloudy and dull. The man has his back turned so you can't see his face yet his posture, the way he's standing there, makes him seem... sad, I guess.

The painting's utterly depressing, sharp reds and dull yellows and the ghost of azure. I've been staring at it since I found the book last Saturday while rummaging through a bargain bin. I haven't even gotten very far in the book. The third chapter I believe.

That artwork, for whatever reasons, haunts me.

My Life - Bill Clinton

So... how do you find bill's memoirs? I must admit I flipped to the monica lewinsky page immediately when I bought the book. :lol: an interesting read but I feel like I should have waited for the book to be on sale (which happened a few weeks after I bought the book)

Edited by strangedays

Bought 3 discounted books last night at Powerbooks:

1. LOVE GATHERS ALL (the Philippines-Singapore Anthology of Love Poetry)

2. DOG EATERS - Jessica Hagedorn

3. THE AWAKENING - Kate Chopin (Read this in college - xeroxed version, now i have a real book, would be nice to read it again - no missing pages, no blurred paragraphs.

LOVE GATHERS ALL is a blast. would be able to finish the 200++ pages over the weekend.

Bought 3 discounted books last night at Powerbooks:

<...>

2. DOG EATERS - Jessica Hagedorn

<...>

It's about the Marcos years - lots of real people thinly disguised. If you remember that time, you'll have a blast reading this.

Dream Jungle also takes place during that time, but is focused on the Elizalde/"lost tribe" scandal, and weaves in the "Apocalypse Now" filming as well. I'm blanking on the name of the "tribe" now but it was quite a scam and reeled in some big names in anthropology and sociology at that time.

As the book liner notes, Jessica Hagedorn was born and raised in the Phil;ippines but moved to the US. She lived in the Pinas there for much of the martial law era.

I finished Infinite Dreams, a collection of short stories by Joe Haldeman.

I'm now about halfway through Halls of Stormweather.

This is a novel in seven parts by seven different authors. Each one about a different member of the Uskevren family. They are one of the most powerful families in Selgaunt, a city in Sembia located in the Northern Coast of the Sea of Fallen Stars in the world of Toril in the Forgotten Realms.

This universe is my favorite among all the TSR multiverse.