What's The Last Book You've Read?

did you know that i read the first four HARRY POTTER books in less than 3 days?

and that I just love the Weasley twins, Sirius Black and Hermione?

and that i've been wanting to read them since 2000 but the books then were soooo expensive pa?

and that i refuse to read digital copies of anything and feel offended for the books?

did you know that everytime i close my eyes now, flashes of Goblet come to mind?

and that i can't wait for the movie?

and i hope it's not true what i heard that harry Potter dies in the last book?

re-posting my post from DID YOU KNOW?

i feel so giddy and happy lang, been a long time since i've burrowed and immersed myself in reading for the whole weekend

Right now, I'm halfway through "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris, which is like a collection of vignettes on the gay artist. I was shocked when I opened the book. There's a narrator talking about being a kid thinking about sleeping with guys! Yikes!

I heard a lot of great things about it so I picked it up. I had no idea it was gay lit. At first the homophobic side of me wanted to put it down. I can't be seen around holding a gay book! What'll that do to my reputation?! But now I'm kinda glad I stuck with it. It's hugely entertaining, witty and sometimes downright nasty. And without gay sex (THANK GOD!). I highly recommend it.

I just got done with ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY by David Sedaris so right now I'm a free floater. I'm thinking of trying for Milan Kundera's UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING, that is if I don't see anything I'd like better to read. I sure do wish NBS or Powerbooks come out with a new Terry Pratchett book soon. I'm having a withdrawal from lack of contact with the DISCWORLD series!