What's The Last Book You've Read?

The Search for the Pink-Headed Duck by Rory Nugent, about the author's quixotic quest for a rare fowl that hasn't been seen for the last 50 years.

The first chapter finds the author in Calcutta, where various vendors and hucksters try to sell him ducks which they painted over with latex paint! At one point a charlatan tries to sell him another pink fowl which he claims to have scooped out of the river. When the author tries to tell him that the bird he's selling is not a duck, but a red turtledove, the huckster says, "Sahib, it is a duck when it is in the water, but it becomes a biki (turtledove) once it gets out of the water. If it was raining today, it would have remained a duck." :D

Another fun travel read!

Guest temperamental

Breaking Up by Maya Calica, a very-witty short novel I found in Powerbooks ;) I was crying after reading the book, not because I can relate to it (yes, it has a happy ending) but because I was overwhelmed with emotions...