Laptop/Notebook Owners

Parekoi Skip,

Looks like you have one of those top-of-the-line computers. How much score mo rito ? Where did you buy ?

I did some research and looks like there were many upgrades that you built in to the standard out-of-the-box package (eg. standard was 2.2Ghz, you got 2.4Ghz; standard is 2Gb memory, you got 4Gb; standard is 160Gb HDD, you got 320Gb HDD). Is this statement true or did you get it as is (meaning, the specs below are already configured.) Thanks.

DELL XPS 1530

Intel core 2 duo T8300 2.4 Ghz

4 Gb Memory

Nvidia 256 mb video card

320 gd sata HDD

15.4 LED wide screen ultrabright

slot loaded dvd rw

2 mp video camera

Fingerprint security scanner

McCafee virus protection 1 year

:thumbsupsmiley:

Parekoi Skip,

Looks like you have one of those top-of-the-line computers. How much score mo rito ? Where did you buy ?

I did some research and looks like there were many upgrades that you built in to the standard out-of-the-box package (eg. standard was 2.2Ghz, you got 2.4Ghz; standard is 2Gb memory, you got 4Gb; standard is 160Gb HDD, you got 320Gb HDD). Is this statement true or did you get it as is (meaning, the specs below are already configured.) Thanks.

g0od Day mga Sir!

New member here!

Ragst0riches! y0u can get the package 0ut 0f the b0x kasi ganun gumawa ng package ang DELL,

they let y0u specify y0ur needs then they'll ship it t0 y0u 0ut 0f the b0x!

i guess last june pa ata or earlier available ang 4GB Memory Upgrade, and its really c0ol!

I have my DELL V0str0 1400 last december and a friend t0ld me this was an Asia Release ng DELL

Im a DELL fanatic kasi, para sa mga r0ad warri0rs, i rec0mmend lightweight lapt0ps kunin ny0

f0r y0ur security din kasi, m0st 0f th0se na nah0h0ldup 0r na nanakawan ng Lapt0ps kasi 0bvi0us

sa package nila na lapt0p yung dala, suggesti0n lang naman mga sir!

Mga bossing uuwi kasi ung kapatid ko next month dalawang laptops ang pagagawa nya dyan sa pinas. Meron ba kayong alam na repair shop ng laptop sa atin. Kung meron kayong alam na repair shop sa greenhills or ortigas or megamall mas ok. Thanks.

:thumbsupsmiley: Try mo din Techno-byte eletronics and laptop repair shop... its nice store ... at 2nd floor,shoppesville ,greenhills... upgrade , cleans, and also swaps high end lap tops

Ah yeah. Tama ka parekoi LeCOq. Thanks for the tip. It did not occur to me out-of-the-box could also mean a customized package. I guess I was limiting my understanding of out-of-the-box to the standard config when the model was launched.

After much research, I went for the HP Pavilion dv5t via online.

HP Pavilion dv5t Entertainment Notebook

- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

- Intel® Core2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz)

- 15.4" diagonal WSXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1680 x 1050)

- 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

- 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

- 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

- Webcam + Fingerprint Reader

- HP Color Matching Keyboard

- Intel® WiFi Link 5100AGN

- Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer

- HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner

- High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

- Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007

- Norton Internet Security 2008

- Computrace LoJack for Notebooks

-gupit-

Ragst0riches! y0u can get the package 0ut 0f the b0x kasi ganun gumawa ng package ang DELL,

they let y0u specify y0ur needs then they'll ship it t0 y0u 0ut 0f the b0x!

-gupit-

Question lang. I have a compaq presario v3700 laptop. 1GB lang memory nya and plan ko i upgrade to 4GB. Ano ba best brand of RAM ang magandang bilin? Totoo bang my mga laptops na namimili ng brand ng RAM? Baka lang kase magkamali ako ng bili. And sang store ba magandang pumunta ung meron talagang marunong sa laptops?

Question lang. I have a compaq presario v3700 laptop. 1GB lang memory nya and plan ko i upgrade to 4GB. Ano ba best brand of RAM ang magandang bilin? Totoo bang my mga laptops na namimili ng brand ng RAM? Baka lang kase magkamali ako ng bili. And sang store ba magandang pumunta ung meron talagang marunong sa laptops?

Yeah u cud ..try kingston for laptop upgrade, and try to visit TECHNO-BYTE ELECTRONICS AND LAPTOP REPAIR SHOP.. loc at 2nd floor,shoppesville, Greenhills.. also cleans ur device.. for low prices :thumbsupsmiley:

Alienware is overrated. Just get the Dell laptop of parekoi Skip. It's half the price AND most importantly, portable. Alienware weighs 8.5lbs up; in short, parang me dala dala kang halos 4 na kilong bigas parati. It will definitely stunt your growth. Di ka tatangkad and worse, magkaka-scoliosis ka pa. Haha. Ika nga nung isang poster, if it's at most 7.5lbs, "get a desktop, seriously". And, even though the joke's on me, he is correktomundo!

If you don't plan to bring it around and show off to your peers, then all the more it's smarter to have a regular Dell. After all, Alienware is made by Dell. They just re-branded it for market niching purposes. Kaso bistado na natin haha. Whatever Alienware will have, the regular Dells will also have.

I'm telling you, as long as your laptop has the ff specs - 1440x900,2G,2.26GH,256MB video memory and weight of at most 6lbs, it is perfect for gaming.

Instead of having more memory in chipset (not necessarily bad but really, how much can you need and actually use?), might as well invest in higher resolutions. The Alienware I saw at PHp179,000 is a laughable 1280x800. The Php189,000 is 1440x900, but "Php189,000" ? My HP is 1680x1100 and it's less Php100,000.