Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

Swedish metal powerhouse AMON AMARTH has completed work on its new studio album, "Twilight of the Thunder God", due on September 19 in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy; September 22 in the rest of Europe; and September 30 in North America.

"Twilight of the Thunder God" features several high-profile guest appearances including ENTOMBED singer L.G. Petrov (on "Guardians of Asgaard"), CHILDREN OF BODOM guitarist Roope Latvala (who shreds a fierce solo on the track "Twilight of the Thunder God") and Finnish cello metal band APOCALYPTICA (a guest appearance on "Live For The k*ll").

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/2701593300_dfbbb4bc20.jpg

"Twilight of the Thunder God" track listing:

01. Twilight of the Thunder God

02. Free Will Sacrifice

03. Guardians of Asgaard

04. Where is Your God?

05. Varyags of Miklagaard

06. Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags

07. No Fear for the Setting Sun

08. The Hero

09. Live for the k*ll

10. Embrace of the Endless Ocean

Trivium - Into the Mouth of Hell We March [new track] [2008]

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3148/1217668903trxd3.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Into the Mouth of Hell We March

http://rapidshare.com/files/134256220/TRIV...LL_WE_MARCH.mp3

Nice! These guys are good, but a lot of "older" metal groups are dissing them since their popularity and early rise to metal stardom has been cause of debate and jelousy.

Cross your fingers.. i hear they "might" perform on our shores this year or probably next year....

Just a survey, which band would you prefer given the chance they'll be perform here in PI:

1. Lamb of God

2. Killswitch

3. Trivium

who knows, this might reach the organizers.....

Hope you guys didnt miss Shadows Fall.... if so, don't dare call yourself a metalhead....

Nice! These guys are good, but a lot of "older" metal groups are dissing them since their popularity and early rise to metal stardom has been cause of debate and jelousy.

Cross your fingers.. i hear they "might" perform on our shores this year or probably next year....

Just a survey, which band would you prefer given the chance they'll be perform here in PI:

1. Lamb of God

2. Killswitch

3. Trivium

Hope you guys didnt miss Shadows Fall.... if so, don't dare call yourself a metalhead....

Lamb of God... :thumbsupsmiley:

1. Lamb of God

2. Killswitch

3. Trivium

Trivium was already slated to perform here, but the concert was eventually cancelled. Good thing.

A lot of 'older' metal fans diss them not because of their popularity but because of their unabashed rip off of Metallica and their 'saviors of metal' posturings. In reality, they are just a poor, overblown metalcore band.

I wouldn't prefer any of the three bands that were listed. Why not the real metal bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest? Those bands know how to put on a real show.

ang metallica considered as metal diba? :D they still rock until now.

yeah!!! they used to be a metal band... hehehehe :rolleyes:

1. Lamb of God

2. Killswitch

3. Trivium

LAMB OF GOD!!!!

Killswitch and trivium are metalcore bands.....

I wish Decapitated will get a new drummer tapos concert sila dito, RIP vitek...

Edited by spishoxxx
Trivium was already slated to perform here, but the concert was eventually cancelled. Good thing.

A lot of 'older' metal fans diss them not because of their popularity but because of their unabashed rip off of Metallica and their 'saviors of metal' posturings. In reality, they are just a poor, overblown metalcore band.

I wouldn't prefer any of the three bands that were listed. Why not the real metal bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest? Those bands know how to put on a real show.

Agree immortal, of course there are other stories revolving around and yeah, the one you noted above was the more major reason for their infamy.

On the other hand, about those international metal groups i posted who might perform here, well... there are a lot of factors to consider, 1. "Pera pera lang yan" 2. Money 3. Deals... hehe, in the end, pera pa rin... some bands are charging an arm and a leg for a measly third world country like us. The groups i posted earlier, well, there were discussions but its still on the table.

Hotels, airfare, equipments, venue.... and then of course, as an event organizer you'll have to consider the potential return. In the end, a huge amount of money is involved and no man in his right mind would just get these metalheads to perform here for free.

From what i've heard, one of the bands i posted are positive about the deal..... lets wait and see....

Mejo mas trip ko local bands like Greyhoundz and Slap.

Aaarrrgghh!!!! Another example of unschooled "metal" listener...

(Sorry man, i don't want a fight but that's how I view this??)

I have nothing against these local bands but they have so much muck in their structure that you no longer would consider them as true to form metal.

I'm sure any listener of late 80s, early 90's to mid 90's metal listener would think as well.