Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

• 2 weeks later...
Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, and Metallica  :evil:

... only metal band na naiintindihan ko pa kahit papano yung lyrics ... di ko kasi masydo trip yung death, satanic, and none-sense profanity. IMO lang, no flame please, thanks.

Eh paano Metallica na ang pinakamabigat na napakinggan ng mga casual listener na tulad mo. Marami jan nakarinig lang ng Metallica (especially from Black album and onwards), metalhead na raw sila. Asus! Ang babaw! :thumbsdownsmiley:

... only metal band na naiintindihan ko pa kahit papano yung lyrics ... di ko kasi masydo trip yung death, satanic, and none-sense profanity. IMO lang, no flame please, thanks.

there are also other bands such as anthrax, chimaira, megadeth, pantera etc.., to name a few, whose lyrics are comprehensible and does not necessarily deal with satanism, death and profanity...you're just confined with metallica kaya you think other metal bands are just nonsense...try listening to other metal bands to widen up your horizon.

Eh paano Metallica na ang pinakamabigat na napakinggan ng mga casual listener na tulad mo. Marami jan nakarinig lang ng Metallica (especially from Black album and onwards), metalhead na raw sila. Asus! Ang babaw! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Exactomondo, Immortal.. Metallica is indeed one of the best metal bands the world has ever seen.. But to those people who think that Metallica is the be all and end all of metal music.. well said to say: you are wrong.. A lot of people heard Enter Sandman and said that Metallica is the best na at metal na sila.. But if they hear the other albums (i.e., k*ll Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, and And Justice..) sasabihin nila na hindi nila masakyan.. The Black Album is not their best (for me) folks.. kung yun lang ang alam niyong album eh wag niyo sasabihin na metal kayo..

Mababaw ang mga ganito talaga.. There are so many bands during the era when Metallica was prolifirating na magagaling.. Venom, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Mercyful Fate, Sepultura.. among others and I do understand their lyrics as well.. hindi lang naman Metallica ang magaling.. Actually, for me yung first album ng Mercyful Fate .. yung "Melissa" is better than "k*ll 'Em All" of Metallica.. Hanggang ngayon ba naman may mga poseurs pa rin.. or should I say inosente.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

kun di ka ba tanga.... may sandimonyo ring lyrics ang metallica tingnan mo to....

gung gung ka talaga..... :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

Artist: Metallica

Song: Mercyful Fate

Satan's Fall, Curse of the Pharaohs,

A Corpse Without Soul, Into The Coven and Evil.

They're walking by the night

The moon has frozen blue

Long black coats a shelter for the rain

Their load must get through

Now bats are leaving their trees

They're joining the call

Seven satanic hell preachers

Heading for the hall

Bringing the blood of a newborn child, yeah

Got to succeed, if not it's Satan's fall

---

Away out in Egypt in the valley of kings

Where the mummified pharaohs

Pretend dead in their sleep, yeah

Don't touch, never ever steal

Unless you're in for the k*ll

Or you'll be hit by the curse of the pharaohs

Yes, you'll be hit and the curse is on you, yeah

Oh, the curse of the pharaohs can be so deadly

Or just destroying your future

Making it all shady, yeah

Don't touch, never ever steal

Unless you're in for the k*ll (for the k*ll)

Or you'll be hit by the curse of the pharaohs

Yes, you'll be hit and the curse is on you

---

Listen (listen, listen), yeah

I'm a corpse, I'm a corpse

I'm a corpse without soul

Satan (Satan, Satan), yeah

He's taken, he's taken

He's taken his toll, he took it on me

I (I, I), yeah

I'm trapped, I'm trapped

I'm trapped in his spell

Tonight (tonight, tonight), yeah

I'm going, I'm going

I'm going to Hell, inside his spell

---

Howl like a wolf

And a witch will open the door

Follow me and meet our high priestess

Come, come into my coven

And become Lucifer's child

Undress 'til you're naked

And put on this white coat

Take this white cross and go to the centre of the ring

Come, come into my coven, yeah-ee-yeah

And become Lucifer's child

---

I was born in the cemetery

Under the sign of the moon

Raised from my grave by the dead

And I was made a mercenary

In the legions of Hell

Now I'm king of pain, I'm insane, yeah

You know my only pleasure is to hear you cry

I'd love to hear you cry

And I'd love to see you die

And I'll be the first to watch your funeral

And I'll be the last to leave

I'd love to hear you cry

And when you're down beyond the ground

I'll dig up your body again

And make love to shame

Oh, lady cry, and say goodbye (goodbye)

Oh, lady cry, and say goodbye

Yeah, you gotta say goodbye

Yeah, 'cause I will eat your mind

ayan!!! basahin mong mabuti ng matauhan ka.... :evil:

tell me im kinda oldie or old school but im still stuck appreciating the black album of metallica as of now.....

Old school? Black album ng Metallica? Have you even heard of their four albums prior to this one?

This is exactly what I was referring to about people who discovered Metallica with the Black album during their high school days and then considered themselves metalheads. Most of these posers haven't heard k*ll 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and And Justic For All and aren't aware that Metallica was an even better band than the one they heard on the Black album. If they did listen to those albums, they find it too heavy, too fast, too noisy, "magulo" for their tastes and just content themselves with the safe and easy-to-listen Black album. Worse, these posers hardy listen to any other heavy metal band. They find Slayer too satanic. Iron Maiden was just some '80s hair metal band to them. They only listen to Metallica, specifically the Black album, and they consider themselves metalheads. Sheesh! It's the new millenium. Stop posing, posers! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sphishoxx: Thanks for posting those lyrics and proving a good point. However, I'd like to point out that that song is not an original Metallica song. It's actually a medley of five Mercyful Fate songs - "Satan's Fall", "Curse of the Pharoahs", "Into the Coven", "A Corpse Without a Soul" and "Evil". It just goes to show that Metallica didn't have overt demonic lyrics in their own songs but were influenced by bands that were 'satanic'.

Old school? Black album ng Metallica? Have you even heard of their four albums prior to this one?

This is exactly what I was referring to about people who discovered Metallica with the Black album during their high school days and then considered themselves metalheads. Most of these posers haven't heard k*ll 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and And Justic For All and aren't aware that Metallica was an even better band than the one they heard on the Black album. If they did listen to those albums, they find it too heavy, too fast, too noisy, "magulo" for their tastes and just content themselves with the safe and easy-to-listen Black album. Worse, these posers hardy listen to any other heavy metal band. They find Slayer too satanic. Iron Maiden was just some '80s hair metal band to them. They only listen to Metallica, specifically the Black album, and they consider themselves metalheads.  Sheesh! It's the new millenium. Stop posing, posers! :thumbsdownsmiley: 

Sphishoxx: Thanks for posting those lyrics and proving a good point. However, I'd like to point out that that song is not an original Metallica song. It's actually a medley of five Mercyful Fate songs - "Satan's Fall", "Curse of the Pharoahs", "Into the Coven", "A Corpse Without a Soul" and "Evil". It just goes to show that Metallica didn't have overt demonic lyrics in their own songs but were influenced by bands that were 'satanic'.

Just to add.. Mercyful Fate is one of my favorite bands.. Satanista na kung Satanista kaso ang ganda ng musicianship ng old Mercyful Fate.. Parang epics na ang songs nila.. Try listening to their "Melissa" and "Don't break the Oath" albums.. Astig.. I have their "best of" from Roadrunner records..

Metallica played the medley of Fate's songs in their Garage Inc. album..

And for those posers.. kung ang asawa ko nga gustong gusto ang black album eh.. Gusto niya yung Sad But True and Enter Sandman.. Pag narinig na niya yung Of Wolf And Man.. sabi niya sa akin.. Metallica pa ba yan? I just smile at her and say.. hindi ka metal.. Lalong lalo na kapag narining niya yung ibang albums.. sabi niya ang ingay naman.. And then I will crank up my Slayer or Sepultura albums.. nakupo hindi na niya lalong kakayanin.. My wife is not metal mga pare.. kamukha niyo lang siya that appreciate some metal songs.. but you are definitely not a metalhead.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

i used to listen to metallica, pantera & sepultura before before i shifted into rap music. tupac's, BTNH, etc. but i guess it's still the rocker in me that that keeps pulling me back in. hehe

guys, here's what i listen to nowadays & for those who don't know... y'all should check out:

DREAM THEATER <--- the best!!!

JOE SATRIANI

LACUNA COIL

BLACKMORE'S NIGHT

Just bought the DVD: Metallica: Some kind of Monster.. its a rock band portrait.. Haven't watched the whole film but I looked at the conversation of Ulrich and Dave Mustaine (ex Metallica & frontman for Megadeth) in the Bonus Features..

Grabe yung conversation na yun.. lumabas yung mga sama ng loob ni Mustaine sa mga ex-friends niya.. He did not even argue when Ulrich said his roots were really Metallica.. Guess he loved his former band and never got over it when they (Hetfield, Ulrich) kicked him out of the band.. Di ko pa natapos buong conversation kaso naiiyak na si Ulrich eh.. hehehe!!! :lol:

This is exactly what I was referring to about people who discovered Metallica with the Black album during their high school days and then considered themselves metalheads. Most of these posers haven't heard k*ll 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and And Justic For All and aren't aware that Metallica was an even better band than the one they heard on the Black album. If they did listen to those albums, they find it too heavy, too fast, too noisy, "magulo" for their tastes and just content themselves with the safe and easy-to-listen Black album. Worse, these posers hardy listen to any other heavy metal band. They find Slayer too satanic. Iron Maiden was just some '80s hair metal band to them. They only listen to Metallica, specifically the Black album, and they consider themselves metalheads.  Sheesh! It's the new millenium. Stop posing, posers! :thumbsdownsmiley: 

master of puppets pa din ako :)

I started out with GNR. Hehehehe. Pero I must admit, from there naging aware ako sa 'ROCK AGE' and thus begins my life-long flirt with music.

Yung metal experience ko started when I got my hands on (not in order of succession btw) a few Metallica albums, Sepultura, Megadeth, Slayer, White Zombie, Pantera, Pungent Stench, Yngwie Malmsteen, Rush...

They're the names I remember when asked of metal preferences 'noon'.

Now, my daily staple diet in the Metal Division consists of: Dream Theater, Symphony X, Yngwie Malmsteen (yup, up to now hehehe), Rusty Cooley, Joe Stump, Liquid Tension Experiment, and other more-on-technicality bands.

Me and my high school buds still play tunes from Pantera and Sepultura whenever we get together in a rehearsal studio. But we mainly play Dream Theater nowadays and some laid-back tunes like Eric Johnson bluesy-type of songs. Tumatanda na kasi..lumalambot na :P

I started out with GNR.  Hehehehe.  Pero I must admit, from there naging aware ako sa 'ROCK AGE' and thus begins my life-long flirt with music.

Yung metal experience ko started when I got my hands on (not in order of succession btw) a few Metallica albums, Sepultura, Megadeth, Slayer, White Zombie, Pantera, Pungent Stench, Yngwie Malmsteen, Rush...

They're the names I remember when asked of metal preferences 'noon'. 

Now, my daily staple diet in the Metal Division consists of: Dream Theater, Symphony X, Yngwie Malmsteen (yup, up to now hehehe), Rusty Cooley, Joe Stump, Liquid Tension Experiment, and other more-on-technicality bands.

Me and my high school buds still play tunes from Pantera and Sepultura whenever we get together in a rehearsal studio.  But we mainly play Dream Theater nowadays and some laid-back tunes like Eric Johnson bluesy-type of songs.  Tumatanda na kasi..lumalambot na  :P

Uyy! Started off with GNR.. ako din..

Ako naman.. Grade three pa lang ako.. nung narinig ko first real rock song.. Cum on Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot.. in 1987 I was heavily into punk and new wave.. then I heard GNR.. That also started my metal craze.. as I listened to Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Sepultura, Motorhead, Deicide, Death Angel, Death, Morbid Angel, Mercyful Fate, Pantera, Black Sabbath, AC/DC etc. Glam also, Motley Crue, Skid Row.. even Bon Jovi.. I never cared kung anong genre.. basta kung gusto ko music.. gusto ko.. I still listen to punk, metal, glam, new wave nowadays.. But mostly medyo old school lahat.. Ang mga bago kong pinapakinggan ay Godsmack and Drowning Pool.. New Metal mostly.. never liked emo..

Just wanna ask.. I am hearing good reviews about the band called: Nile.. Are they good? Immortal, maybe you could give me a few info on this band..

@Revi:

Pare, astig ang Nile. They're an American death metal band whose music is heavily influenced by ancient Egyptian themes. I have two of their albums, "Black Seeds of Vengeance" and "In Their Darkened Shrines" and both are excellent. Their music is characterized by hyperspeed blastbeat drums which are complemented by equally fast, heavy-handed riffing and are further accentuated by the searing solos of their main songwriter Karl Sanders. When I was playing one of my Nile cds at the office, nagulat yung ka-office ko when she noticed that the music shifted from undiscernable (to her) death metal from one track to music that seemed to be background music from The Ten Commandments on the next track. Nile's new album, "Annihilation of the Wicked" has less Egyptian elements in the music but still retains it in their lyrical themes.

GNR ba? Jan din ako nag-start. Pareho pala tayo ng generation, Revi e. Lamang ka lang ng 2 years but we basically listened to the same bands growing up. Dehins ko nga lang pinakinggan yung Godsmack and Drowning Pool kasi sa underground metal pinapakinggan ko from 2000 and onwards.

np: Hey Man Nice Shot - FILTER

I still get to listen to newer bands kaso hindi nako katulad dati: makakuha ng isang heavy metal LP casette...aabutin ng magdamag kakapakinig...maghahanap ng tab...iku-kuwento sa kabarkada for the nth time kung gaano kabigat yung napakinggan ko...

I listen to a lot of genrés actually but I guess I have my roots in rock.

Wala ba dito nakikinig ng Liquid Tension Experiment? ;)

Heavily intoxicated ako ng Prog Rock :lol:

I still get to listen to newer bands kaso hindi nako katulad dati: makakuha ng isang heavy metal LP casette...aabutin ng magdamag kakapakinig...maghahanap ng tab...iku-kuwento sa kabarkada for the nth time kung gaano kabigat yung napakinggan ko...

I listen to a lot of genrés actually but I guess I have my roots in rock.

Wala ba dito nakikinig ng Liquid Tension Experiment? ;)

Heavily intoxicated ako ng Prog Rock :lol:

Muntik ko na mapakinggan kaso og file yung nabigay ng barkada ko. Di mabasa ng PC ko. Me pagka-jazz-rock/metal ata ang tugtugan. Di ba mga member ng Dream Theater yung ibang member dun?