@floppydrive, actually it's also what the locals said before , I guess I was just hoping that around May it will be gone already ~wishful thinking ba?hehe~ haay, so malumot pa rin talaga siya...thanks! :)

i was there last holy week. ibang parts lang naman ang may lumot. actually it seems lang sea weeds pero maliliit kaya parang lumot. siguro 20% of the beach is affected by the green stuff. kaya pili ka na lang ng swiiming area. when we were there katabi pa namin nag swim ibang artista

its still one of the nicest place to be... but overdevelopement has somewhat spoil it... i was there during the 90s and its amazing specially at night when there was no electricity and you have all the resort with their own PETROMAX that illuminate the beach a beautiful sight to behold.... plus you can leave all your personal things at the beach without any fear of people swiping it... imagine nowadays if you could leave your ipod, laptop, cellfone at the beach without anyone watching over it...those were the days.... the local also are very friendly... specially mga bata... they are curious and often play around with you at the beach....

How much internet use in boracay and where?

i think the internet rates there are the same here in manila. if ever, konti lang tinaas. d'mall dude, dami dun.

i miss Boracay (not the algae though!) my sister was there last week and she said okay nga yung Tides, not beachfront but the view is great. I miss Jonah's shakes! :D for those who frequent Boracay, malumot pa ba pag around last week of May?

yeahp, floppydrive is right. if you don't want the green stuff floating around the waters when you swim, try going in december. we were there early june last year and sobrang daming lumot nga. we went back last december and the beach was so clean. but actually, sabi nung ibang locals din na nakausap ko, it's this green "lumot" that actually makes the sands of Boracay white and powdery. :thumbsupsmiley:

i miss bora.. was der last march 25-29.. stayed at bora regency.. puka beach is great... had lotsa fun swimming n snorekling der.. pangit lng ung lumot.. and dame!!! makapal pa.. buti n lng sa side ng puka beach wala.. i had a wonderful time der.. m missin it.. i miss my foreign friends whom i met der.. hehe.. kyoko!!! martina!!!

Buti na lang hindi ko ito pinili para puntahan.

Base sa mga nakapunta sa amin last March 2008, ang dami ng lumot.

From aerial view palang eh talaga makikita mo na yung PURE Green view ng Beach of Boracay.

Lalo na pag nakatapak ka na dun, talagang makikita mo na ang lumot at yun din namang mga view ang makikita mo, wala namang bagong destination sa Boracay. Di talaga lilinisin ng mga residents dun ang Beach, kahit malaki ang kita nila sa mga tourist.

You can find better WHITE SAND beaches in the Philippines, Boracay is too OVER RATED na!

Buti na lang hindi ko ito pinili para puntahan.

Base sa mga nakapunta sa amin last March 2008, ang dami ng lumot.

From aerial view palang eh talaga makikita mo na yung PURE Green view ng Beach of Boracay.

Lalo na pag nakatapak ka na dun, talagang makikita mo na ang lumot at yun din namang mga view ang makikita mo, wala namang bagong destination sa Boracay. Di talaga lilinisin ng mga residents dun ang Beach, kahit malaki ang kita nila sa mga tourist.

You can find better WHITE SAND beaches in the Philippines, Boracay is too OVER RATED na!

Actually sir, the lumot in Boracay is normal this part of the year... i think it has something to do with the change in tides or something else, but lumot is really part of Boracay from about March to around June or July... try going to Boracay outside those months and you'll see the crystal clean water and white sand you're talking about... I was there twice last year... First time was in January, the water was perfect, no lumot at all... Went back in June and there was a little lumot, but not as much... Though i agree that Boracay today is no comparison to what is was 10 years ago, but it's still boracay :)

and also, residents clean Boracay beach every morning... pag gising mo at pag labas mo sa resort mo, you'll see the sand raked properly, and all the lumot gathered in one big pile...

also, i talked to a local there once and he told me that the reason why they do not throw the lumot away is because they dry it up... pag natuyo daw un, it turns into sand which is as fine and as white as the sand on Boracay... kaya siguro hindi bumababa ang sand level sa island...

Edited by señor_bugoy

Been to many beaches in the Phil. And for me still the best padin all around Bora..Travel time from manila is ok, 1 hr plane ride to caticlan and 15mins boatride to the island. Pag andun ka na nagutom ka daming kainan, kelangan mo ng gamot o extra clothes may D mall, sa hapon daming tambayan kung ayaw mo magswim dahil sa araw, sa gabi daming gimikan. Hotel accommodation like sa sea wind , regency and tides reasonable. Yes madming tao, pero hey depende naman sa trip yan e, ako I prefer yung may nakikita kong mga tao kesa sa wala na parang ghost town.

Actually sir, the lumot in Boracay is normal this part of the year... i think it has something to do with the change in tides or something else, but lumot is really part of Boracay from about March to around June or July... try going to Boracay outside those months and you'll see the crystal clean water and white sand you're talking about... I was there twice last year... First time was in January, the water was perfect, no lumot at all... Went back in June and there was a little lumot, but not as much... Though i agree that Boracay today is no comparison to what is was 10 years ago, but it's still boracay :)

and also, residents clean Boracay beach every morning... pag gising mo at pag labas mo sa resort mo, you'll see the sand raked properly, and all the lumot gathered in one big pile...

also, i talked to a local there once and he told me that the reason why they do not throw the lumot away is because they dry it up... pag natuyo daw un, it turns into sand which is as fine and as white as the sand on Boracay... kaya siguro hindi bumababa ang sand level sa island...

i agree. i was there last holy week. meron lumot pero konti lang. pili ka na lang ng area na pwedeng magswimming. sa station 1 malawak yong swimming area. from willy's rock to terraces maganda ang tubig. at saka sabi din ng mga naglilinis ng lumot pinapatuyo nila ito at nagiging buhangin.

will be visiting bora with my family this coming june. can anyone recommend a place to stay? yung reasonable ang price and beachfront sana. i prefer staying near station 2 or 1. thank you in advance!!

sir, i recommend blue waves... it's right beside Discovery shores so nasa magandang part sya ng station 1... its a small 3 room resort but maganda sya... they have a family room ata there for about 3k per night... will be there too sa june so kitakits tayo hehehe

nice kita kits na lng tau dun. nde pa kmi maka decide where to stay. kaya ang balak namin pag dating na lng ng bora kami maghahanap ng room/cottage. our trip will be on june 3 to 6. medyo nakamura kami sa airfare kc na avail namin yung promo ng asian spirit. Php2,554 lang roundtrip na. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: sa ibang mtc members na pupunta sa bora this coming june kita kits!!

The Red Coconut is very exceptional. Was just there in April this year. We had a Suite room and it was very clean and service was excellent. I can refer my travel agent to help with your bookings if you like. She is very good and took very good care of my plans. Will post some pics of the trip later