I don't think you're reading the first poster's point correctly. He means Roxas, Oriental Mindoro not Roxas City, Capiz. Roxas, Oriental Mindoro is jump-off point of the RORO service to Caticlan. It is about 1.5-2 hours drive south from Calapan depending on your speed vis-a-vis road conditions. Smaller cars will have to slow down over rough portions of the highway while SUVs and pick-ups can easily breeze through.

If Boracay is your final stop, there's no point in bringing your car all the way to Caticlan. You should only bring your car if you intend to drive further from Caticlan ... to Kalibo, Roxas City or Iloilo or even cross over to Negros.

Try calling the Philippine Ports Authority (Port Area, Manila) and inquire if you can park your car at the port in Roxas under their care. We have an MTC member who knows people there .... try sending a PM to delisyus and see if she can help you.

HAPPY MOTORING! :)

Sorry, but what I meant was Roxas, OM. Roxas City, Capiz is further.

I don't think you're reading the first poster's point correctly. He means Roxas, Oriental Mindoro not Roxas City, Capiz. Roxas, Oriental Mindoro is jump-off point of the RORO service to Caticlan. It is about 1.5-2 hours drive south from Calapan depending on your speed vis-a-vis road conditions. Smaller cars will have to slow down over rough portions of the highway while SUVs and pick-ups can easily breeze through.

If Boracay is your final stop, there's no point in bringing your car all the way to Caticlan. You should only bring your car if you intend to drive further from Caticlan ... to Kalibo, Roxas City or Iloilo or even cross over to Negros.

Try calling the Philippine Ports Authority (Port Area, Manila) and inquire if you can park your car at the port in Roxas under their care. We have an MTC member who knows people there .... try sending a PM to delisyus and see if she can help you.

HAPPY MOTORING! :)

Wow, thanks teejoe. That's exactly what I meant.

I hope you don't mind but I have another question. I have read conflicting accounts on how long it really takes for us road-trip enthusiasts to travel from Calapan to Roxas. I was assigned kasi to take care of the itinerary and accordingly I have to make the schedule right so that we'll arrive in Roxas (Mindoro) sometime around 5:30-6:00am. Considering that we'll be travelling during the night, in sedans (not SUVs), and that none of us have tried taking this route before (although I'm pretty sure that it won't be that hard to navigate considering that that road is part of the Nautical Highway [one of GMA's prized pet project]) can anybody give me an idea what time we should depart from Calapan to get to Roxas, Mindoro by 5:30/6:00am? Currently, I drew up the itinerary with a 5-hour period Calapan to Roxas (thus we have to depart Calapan by 1am, meaning we have to be in Batangas by 10:30/11:00pm, ergo leave Manila by 8:30pm).

However, as I have mentioned, there has been conflicting accounts on how long it really takes for one to travel from Calapan to Roxas. If its only 2 hours, as teejoe and other blogs in the net have mentioned, then we would be arriving too early and wasting tons of time doing nothing (not to mention that it would be harder to entice some friends to come along if they'd know that we'll be leaving Manila by 8:30pm). I really hope somebody can shed light on this enigma. Thank you so much!

Van_wilder, my most recent information on route condition is about 6 months old. A relative and his friend drove a brand new Toyota Hilux pickup from Manila to Iloilo thru the Nautical Highway. Batangas to Calapan crossing is every hour on the hour. What's eratic, I was told, is the Roxas to Caticlan RORO leg. It was off season 6 months ago and the trip was severely delayed I was told because the boat waited for passengers and vehicles to fill up. It's peak season now and the waiting line could be long. Better for your group to arrive very early in Roxas than to catch the tail end of a long line and possibly end up not making the trip.

Now I'm not sure if he was making a wild claim about the 2-hour trip time they did between Calapan and Roxas, but considering that they used a brand new vehicle, and a pickup at that, road conditions shouldn't have been a major consideration for them.

The Department of Tourism has published a Nautical Highway route map loaded with info on service providers and departure and arrival times. You should get yourself a copy. And as I said, best to check with the Philippine Ports Authority office.

Guest brutus

why not take the Bachelor Bus from the Araneta Bus Terminal or take the Philtranco Bus

PHP1,068.00 per person each way for Bachelor Bus while Philtranco is PHP1,140.00

Edited by brutus
Magagastos nyo sa Roro halos pareha lang pag nag MBRS kayo.
why not take the Bachelor Bus from the Araneta Bus Terminal or take the Philtranco Bus

PHP1,068.00 per person each way for Bachelor Bus while Philtranco is PHP1,140.00

Part of the "fun activity" of the trip kasi is the road trip itself. As I said, we're road-trip junkies. :P Thanks for those tips though. :)

Van_wilder, my most recent information on route condition is about 6 months old. A relative and his friend drove a brand new Toyota Hilux pickup from Manila to Iloilo thru the Nautical Highway. Batangas to Calapan crossing is every hour on the hour. What's eratic, I was told, is the Roxas to Caticlan RORO leg. It was off season 6 months ago and the trip was severely delayed I was told because the boat waited for passengers and vehicles to fill up. It's peak season now and the waiting line could be long. Better for your group to arrive very early in Roxas than to catch the tail end of a long line and possibly end up not making the trip.

Now I'm not sure if he was making a wild claim about the 2-hour trip time they did between Calapan and Roxas, but considering that they used a brand new vehicle, and a pickup at that, road conditions shouldn't have been a major consideration for them.

The Department of Tourism has published a Nautical Highway route map loaded with info on service providers and departure and arrival times. You should get yourself a copy. And as I said, best to check with the Philippine Ports Authority office.

Ya, you're right. But we're planning to do this trip pa naman sa last quarter of May (definitely after elections). 6 months old is really not old news... so I bet your relative's experience is still valid.

Actually, the reason why I planned to reach Roxas by 6am is precisely to avoid catching the tail end of that probable long line. I heard kasi na 8am nagdedepart yung RORO from Roxas, so that's a 2 hour buffer. Assuming that we are assured of a safe parking space in Roxas, I don't think arriving too early is that vital anymore since hindi na naman namin ipipila pa yung cars.

Your info's still very useful, thanks again teejoe!

Guys, san ba Pier 8? hOw can we get there commuting frOm Parañaque area?

gustO namin try yung MBRS papuntang Caticlan eh since we're on a very tight budget..thanks in advance

Sa Manila. Kung marami naman kayo its better magtaxi na lang. Pag commute na bus and jeep hindi ko alam.

Pero mas ok kung may maghahatid sa inyo.

I've never been to Boracay but heard many interesting and sexy stories bout this beach courtesy by my party animal friends... The very reason why I'm planning to visit this place soon...

I have searched hundreds of websites regarding boracay.. So far I have come across 3 places which can be considered bang for the buck for people who wants to go to Boracay and party without paying expensive accommodations.

1. orchids resort (http://www.orchidsboracay.com/interest.htm)

2. boracay courtyard (http://www.boracaycourtyard.com/index.htm)

3. Lacarmela de Boracay (http://www.lacarmeladeboracay.com/rates.htm)

Orchids Resort is the cheapest....The last 2 are priced ok and both located at station 2 ( the party place) .. They may be cheap but decent enough..

Why do you wanna get fancy rooms??

A 12 to 15th budget per person is good enough for 7 days including transfers.

for those who really want to save sa pamasahe, mag bus lang sa cubao ng viahe caticlan (1300 max ang gastos kaso 18 hrs trip via batangas port then roro to calapan then road ride again to roxas of mindoro where there is a rooro again this tym to caticlan.)

Ang problem jan sa Roro hindi ka daw makakahiga. Kapagod yun.

Kung gusto talaga magtipid mag MBRS kayo. 1800 ata ang price roundtrip. Meron pang higa :lol:

Kung gusto nyo private na higa mga 3thou roundtrip din.

Cebu Pacific pag may promo mura din mga 3500-4thou roundtrip pero may bihaye pa na 2hrs na bus. Pangit nga lang yung kalsada.

Edited by edc

guys here is my tip...

if ur going there... suggest that u wear sandals / slippers even if ur flying or using a boat ride...

hmmmm tapos naman...

ang balita ko si that.. meron ng parang isang daungan for everyone... meaning di na infront or the beach hotels or watsoever...

hmmmm so magdala ng small bills for pamasahe....

also might i suggest fairways and bluewaters...

hehehehe

its really nice.. we had a room there thats could actually accomodate 2 families...( 1 living room with a huge tv and 2 sleeping rooms with tv's )

un na po un... heheh pero in actually 1 room lang sia.... hehehehe

tapos naman try going to cocomangas...

hehehehehe

its cool there... asteeeg and ya lastly dont forget ur trunks and bathing suits..

heheheh

any one there going this end of month so i can meet new people coming from mtc

My cousins and I were planning to go at April 28 until May 2 and party hard.

2nd time going there and I wish it would be another vacation of a life time he he

any one there going this end of month so i can meet new people coming from mtc

My cousins and I were planning to go at April 28 until May 2 and party hard.

2nd time going there and I wish it would be another vacation of a life time he he

i'll be there apr27 until the 29th

attend ng convention and i heard natapat sa bikini open :evil:

pre tara... party nato! :mtc:

Any other place here better than Nami? Been staying there for the past 5 times na nagbobora. Hindi naman sa pangit ung lugar, panalo actually, pero gusto ko sana mag change ng place.

friends is nice (looks nice anyway)

check out the boracay forums at virtualtourist.com you'll get lots of info there.

Any other place here better than Nami? Been staying there for the past 5 times na nagbobora. Hindi naman sa pangit ung lugar, panalo actually, pero gusto ko sana mag change ng place.

Pare try mo sa Two Seasons Boracay sa Station !. Grand Opening this MAy 2007. for more details visit www.twoseasonsboracay.com

Sobrang Panalo ito pare i guarantee you. Try checking out the previous pages of this thread i've posted some pictures during the construction. Many people now consider Two Seasons as one of the Best Resort in Bora.