On 6/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, calistoga said:

walang kupas ang boracay. come with an open mind and your trip will be worthwhile

not to be an asshole or something but there are a lot of morbidly obese people and at night, the transgender or ladyboys are at the bars..

very few foreigners though...

• Haha (+1) 1

A lot of white people are at the posh resorts in station zero. As for Chinese, Korean and Japanese tourists, they mostly don't bother to go out of the country these days kasi pahirapan makabalik. Boracay, although still a top destination, is now just a shell of what it used to be. 

I was here twice in May, both for work trips. I know some people still seem to love Boracay, but to me it's nowhere near as nice as it used to be. Honestly, I don't think I'll be heading back anytime soon. The resort was ok though. Even if the room felt small, I appreciated the direct pool access of the beach wing of Henann Prime.

5 hours ago, Docc said:

How much money should i prepare for food expenses for station 1 in bora?

medyo mahal bro ang food, kung mga 2 persons, prepare mga P350 siguro per person, safe na yun....

pero may mga mas mura like dun sa malapit sa hotel namin (THE ORIENT BORACAY mga 15-20 mins by ETRIKE to DMALL) may mga sizzling sisig for P200...

kasi kung nasa station 1 ka na naka check in , mga P300-350 per person per meal...

:)

food in boracay can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. Blue collar workers at boracay have to eat din naman. Kung saan sila bmbli pagkain pwede ka rin naman bmli doon kung gusto mo. Sa totoo lang hindi sya masyado nagtaas ng presyo compared sa prepandemic. Before it was a "tourist trap", now medyo same lang sa manila. Naalala ko kasi dati circa 2017 nasa 350-500 per head ang typical sit down meal sa station 2. Ngayon nasa ganyan pa rin naman. 

On the other hand, nagmahal pagkain sa metro manila malls. Minimum din naman ngayon 300-500 per head sa mall. So medyo at par lang sya sa metro manila malls. 

It won't be like before kasi dati parang club ang buong island. You can even call it a red light district on a beach before. Ang daming foreigners dati na walwalan talaga. Now it's severely regulated. May cops nga every few kilometers na nakabantay. But really, it's still better than any other beach destination out there. El Nido and Coron are much more "tame" and "peaceful" pa. If you want walwalan go for Pattaya or Phuket

1 hour ago, chessboxin said:

food in boracay can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. Blue collar workers at boracay have to eat din naman. Kung saan sila bmbli pagkain pwede ka rin naman bmli doon kung gusto mo. Sa totoo lang hindi sya masyado nagtaas ng presyo compared sa prepandemic. Before it was a "tourist trap", now medyo same lang sa manila. Naalala ko kasi dati circa 2017 nasa 350-500 per head ang typical sit down meal sa station 2. Ngayon nasa ganyan pa rin naman. 

On the other hand, nagmahal pagkain sa metro manila malls. Minimum din naman ngayon 300-500 per head sa mall. So medyo at par lang sya sa metro manila malls. 

It won't be like before kasi dati parang club ang buong island. You can even call it a red light district on a beach before. Ang daming foreigners dati na walwalan talaga. Now it's severely regulated. May cops nga every few kilometers na nakabantay. But really, it's still better than any other beach destination out there. El Nido and Coron are much more "tame" and "peaceful" pa. If you want walwalan go for Pattaya or Phuket

The lure of Boracay is it is a marketplace. You can use your wits and survive for US$ 100 for a month. It really depends on your ability to locate places, understand market conditions, negotiate, sacrifice. play safe, etc. They got a town market and some buy fish and eat simple cooked meals daily to stretch the budget.  But it is also like a city. Most people there are strangers or not endemic to the place. There are petty crimes since it is not really a barrio where everybody knows each other and grew up together.