What's So Special About Starbucks?

i think its all about the experience. the dim lights, the smell of coffee, the sounds of people conversing over cups of expensive coffee...

some people like this and see it as a way of unwinding. i read before that the coffee place is the new "bar" .. that is instead of goin to a noisy smoky bar, people prefer hanging out in coffee places where they can actually hear each other and converse...

personally, i like coffee places ... i love the smell of coffee and i love talkin over a cup of joe. i also like to read in a coffee place where its comfy and i can relax and be by myself w/o fear of being picked up...i also prefer waiting for people in a coffee place because there's always people watching if im left w/o anything to do...

i like the amaretto latte in starbucks, the breve in seattle's best, the english breakfast tea latte in coffee bean and tea leaf, the hot chocolate in gloria jeans... and the list goes on...

i think the coffee shop has become part of our society and its here to stay :)

Here's another negative side to starbucks..

Did you know that a medium sized White Chocolate Mocha is loaded with 580 calories. And you only burn an average of 250 to 300 calories while running on a threadmill and sweating like a pig for 30 minutes. :unsure:

Thus, I gave up the threadmill.

Edited by b_r_o_k_e

kaya special ung SB kasi di naman sikat ung kape nila ginagawang lang tambayan ng mga addict sa kape, tambayan ng mga pickupgirl, tambyan ng mga sosi gurls, tambyan ng mga walang magawa sa buhay at tambayan ng mga nag rerelax after work or gmik :lol: :call:

You're right about the over-priced coffee in Starbucks. Did you know that the overall supply of coffee in the world market far exceeds demand? This SHOULD result in cheaper coffee to consumers like you and me but it does not due to vested interests of certain market players.

Did you also know that the biggest coffee producer in the world is Vietnam? This came about when Vietnam opened up and decided to upgrade its agricultural sector by migrating from relatively low-value crops like rice to higher-value cash crops like coffee. But the funny thing is that Vietnam-made coffee has not penetrated much into the overall market due to concerns over quality voiced by other major coffee producing countries in South America and Africa, which also happen to be Vietnam's main competitors....

Another little-known fact: Out of every dollar that is spent in coffee as the finished product, less than 10 cents goes to the coffee farmers, which mostly reside in third world countries. The rest of the money goes to middle-men, importers, and retailers like Starbucks.

So you can imagine the profit margins of coffee shops like Starbucks.....

• 2 weeks later...