N F L - National Football League

Everyone thought the Panthers being the highest scoring team in the league would run roughshod over the Broncos. I said before, that the Panthers would face the number 1 defense in the league. And from the start of the game since Cam went out on the field. The Broncos were all over him. Especially Von Miller, that strip sack he did was huge and they pressured Cam throughout the game. Cam never got going. Won myself some benjamins too. I love it when an underdog wins over the crowd favorite. Cam's frustration was showing throughout the game and even in his post game interview. Peyton did a rather pedestrian job, I was actually disappointed in their offense, Demarius Thomas was non-existent, their running game had some glimpses of brilliance but couldn't really sustain any consistency. Credit the Panther defense with Luke Kuechly and some plays made by Josh Norman.

The Bronco defense led by Von Miller, Demarcus Ware and them boys ripped through the D line and got to Cam so many times i was laughing my ass off.

Yea Broncos!

Giants gonna come back next season. New Coach for Eli and getting some of the guys back from injury.

Edited by hahnz

biggest concern now is that Beast Mode's hinting retirement :( Would've wanted him, Sherman, and Russell Wilson salvage this year's misgivings and win it all again next year :(

You can't blame Beast Mode. The injuries last year probably would have given him the hints that he should explore that option.

Besides, look at the bright side....if that happens, the cap will go down on Seattle and that could give them the leverage to look for other potential players to fill the HB position.

On a lighter side of the NFL....possible new QB for the Broncos (?)

download.0.jpg

Hahahahahaha :D

Edited by Guns of the Patriots

If the panthers have #keeppounding

The Broncos have #keepgrindin

#panthersflattened

#BroncosSuperbowlChamps

#JoshNormancried

much like the Grit and Grind Grizz, huh? But yeah, Denver had the D to keep Cam and company at bay. Kony Ealy would've won MVP if the Panthers won though. Dude was really their most potent weapon. Blitz game by the Broncos really stifled Cam's offensive game. Would've wanted more from Stewart (though he got hurt early) and Greg Olsen though. Ginn did well too IMO.

Besides, look at the bright side....if that happens, the cap will go down on Seattle and that could give them the leverage to look for other potential players to fill the HB position.

Doesn't Paul Allen spend gobs of money in the NFL like he does in the NBA, or even bigger? :lol: TBH, I'm unsure as to how Russell Wilson should anchor the offense (is Doug Baldwin his best WR option on the team? Ain't Norwood gonna be an FA after this season? They could be a market for Filipinos watching given their heritage LOL) so I'm really bent on the Seahawks' passing game. Then again, they're built on sound defense anyway.

Do you all think Jordan Norwood is the only NFL player of filipino descent? Doug Baldwin has some filipino blood in him. And current players like Eugene Amano an offensive lineman for the Titans. Steve Slaton running back, Aaron Francisco a safety & Chris Gocong a linebacker. And some people are probably familiar with Ted Bruschi a former linebacker for the Patriots.

Historically there have been more Filipinos who became NFL players than there are NBA pros. Jordan Clarkson is probably the only rare guy to be able to make the NBA.

Right now there are a lot of Filipino college football players who might make some NFL teams

Edited by hahnz

Do you all think Jordan Norwood is the only NFL player of filipino descent? Doug Baldwin has some filipino blood in him. And current players like Eugene Amano an offensive lineman for the Titans. Steve Slaton running back, Aaron Francisco a safety & Chris Gocong a linebacker. And some people are probably familiar with Ted Bruschi a former linebacker for the Patriots.

Did mention Doug Baldwin (I can even remember his inverted Filipino flag thing back then :lol:) but I'm unaware of the other players (not too adept with the other players tbh)

Anyway, who's up to get next year's lottery pick in the NFL? You think Derrick Henry, this year's Heisman Trophy winner gets to be picked first overall? I'm too used to the NBA Draft Lottery I'm really unsure how the NFL and MLB teams pick (i.e. based on credentials or needs) :lol:

Doesn't Paul Allen spend gobs of money in the NFL like he does in the NBA, or even bigger? :lol: TBH, I'm unsure as to how Russell Wilson should anchor the offense (is Doug Baldwin his best WR option on the team? Ain't Norwood gonna be an FA after this season? They could be a market for Filipinos watching given their heritage LOL) so I'm really bent on the Seahawks' passing game. Then again, they're built on sound defense anyway.

Remember, Paul Allen spent a lot of money with the Seahawks after they won the Super Bowl just to retain the talent that won them the Lombardi Trophy. With Marshawn Lynch hinting retirement, the ground and pound offense may go South....but that will give the Seahawks management some added flexibility to go after top FAs and bolster the running game.

Russell Wilson's passing offense....his targets could be Baldwin, Kearse (if he decides to re-sign), and Lockett. I didn't include the TE Jimmy Graham since he hasn't proved anything....yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the legendary QB won't be seeing the end of the tunnel soon....New England Patriots :D

http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/02/29/report-tom-brady-agrees-two-year-extension

Report: Tom Brady agrees to two-year extension

Monday, February 29, 2016 10:22 AM EST

It looks like the end of the Tom Brady era in New England is nowhere in sight. Read

According to ESPN, the Patriots have reached an agreement on a two-year contract extension with Brady that would keep him under contract until 2019. The report cites leagues sources.

Brady had two years remaining on his deal and was set to earn $9 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017. The 38-year-old quarterback will now get two additional years, although details of the extension were not revealed. The report also indicated the deal is not yet signed and “may not be for a little while.”

If Brady plays out the entirety of the new contract, he would be 42, and given the way he’s played over the past two years few would doubt his ability to do just that.

Looks like the legendary QB won't be seeing the end of the tunnel soon....New England Patriots :D

http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/02/29/report-tom-brady-agrees-two-year-extension

Report: Tom Brady agrees to two-year extension

Monday, February 29, 2016 10:22 AM EST

It looks like the end of the Tom Brady era in New England is nowhere in sight. Read

According to ESPN, the Patriots have reached an agreement on a two-year contract extension with Brady that would keep him under contract until 2019. The report cites leagues sources.

Brady had two years remaining on his deal and was set to earn $9 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017. The 38-year-old quarterback will now get two additional years, although details of the extension were not revealed. The report also indicated the deal is not yet signed and “may not be for a little while.”

If Brady plays out the entirety of the new contract, he would be 42, and given the way he’s played over the past two years few would doubt his ability to do just that.

Just in time for his suspension