N F L - National Football League

same thing with winning a chip---it's gonna be tough to repeat that.

they have to suck really really bad for it to happen again.

uhh...wait, if I may ask...why are you cheering for the Lions anyway?

yeah, i know. can't help but be cynnical when i said the same thing last year and yet, look what happened. :D

stafford is a nice addition. i'm more concerned however with the team's defense. or their lack of it.

If I were to choose based on the volume of the matchup..

I'll go with the latter.. Raiders suck. Chiefs could emerge but they look sucky.

At least @ the NBA, both teams mentioned are young and somewhat energetic.

that means.. it's fun to watch.

although they both suck, too.. :P

Those Lions have a potential to show a great offense in the next few years or so.

encio...

im a die hard foosball fan .. and the experience at a sucky raiders-chiefs game will more than make up for it .. imagine being in the balck hole with those fans? come on...... and besides a raider chief matchup (division) is always tight .. even in blowouts theyve been very smashmouth like....

kanski .. barry is enuff for me to root for the Lions .. dude was like Houdini .. un catchable

Edited by denimhead
Guest megalodon
encio...

im a die hard foosball fan .. and the experience at a sucky raiders-chiefs game will more than make up for it .. imagine being in the balck hole with those fans? come on...... and besides a raider chief matchup (division) is always tight .. even in blowouts theyve been very smashmouth like....

kanski .. barry is enuff for me to root for the Lions .. dude was like Houdini .. un catchable

Pardon me for my ignorance since it's been awhile since I last followed the NFL but is this Barry. Barry Sanders?

Edited by megalodon
Guest megalodon

Barry Sanders is the only running back I've seen who could run and shift to another direction and eventually elude his defenders. In the NFL games that I watched, I've never seen a running back run like him. Too bad he never won a Super Bowl but he deserved to win one.

Edited by megalodon

'enimhead, sorry, what i meant was a good enough team to challenge the NFC powerhouses of that decade. I'm sure they had pretty decent teams back then and I think they even reached a couple of NFC Championship games. Also, Sanders' abrupt retirement dashed all hopes of winning the Big One and/or setting league rushing records.

And thanks for the tip on Raiders-Chiefs. NFL games are nice but a chance to watch Kevin Durant in person is kinda hard to pass up. ;)

Edited by dencio

lol i knew youd pick up on no D .. cos either game wouldnt have any .. but yeah either game would be good .. besides if yr based there im sure you can catch the other game some other time

i agree .. the lions were a piece or two short from going all the way .. favre needs to take a page out of the barry sanders playbook .... and keep to his word... no flip flopping

Guest megalodon

I remember in the 90's, the top running backs were Emmit Smith, Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders. When it came to pure talent alone, Barry Sanders was the best among the 3.

that's right denim, playoffs every year but would get eliminated every time. if memory serves me right, they didn't even get to play in the big dance. i think best they did was reach and lose the nfc 'ship.

sad thing for the detroit faithful is that, after his retirement, it has been downhill for the lions since, the culmination of which is last year's win-less season.

Guest megalodon
hands down .. emmitt and thurman both had lines to block for them .. barry had none

The thing about Barry Sanders was that he could shift direction on a dime which was something I never saw from another running back. Normally a running back would ram through a defense. Sanders sidestepped a defense and was successful with it. Too bad his offensive line and quarterback weren't good enough coz if it was, Barry would have won a Super Bowl or 2. The quarterback at the time was Rodney Peete but I don't think he was a SuperBowl caliber quarterback. Smith and Thomas were good but I never saw them do what Barry was doing.

4 is an improvement .. have patience with yr boys .. they still need an O Line to protect stafford .. the pieces are there megatron and kevin smith .. a 6-10 record should be considered a very good season.. then again they can pull a dolphin like season and shock the world and have a winning record