N F L - National Football League

yr ravens new coach is from here .. like childress in minny they love mcnabb... and the ravens need a qb and is supposedly unhappy .. i dont think the eagles will let him go .. kolb his understudy is still not ready, off season shld be interesting if eagles pick up a good wr, or even a good te... then its safe to say that mcnabb is good for at least a year more

To DH, CL, GOG: don't you just wish the Pats won it all (even a tiny weenie little bit) just to shut up those old fogies from the 72 Fins? Man, these guys are really pathetic annually celebrating the fact that they "stand alone." Isn't there any fulfillment in their lives anymore that they have to do this year in and year out? Sad really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/n...tory?id=3229442

bundchen uttered the wrong words.. she should've walked naked in the patriots locker room if they WON.. that would've been motivation enough.. hahaha..

as rasheed wallace always says "The ball never lies." :hypocritesmiley:

18-1 just doesn't have the right "ring" to it, noh?

next year, jessica and giselle will be benched indefinitely! :lol:

but seriously, in between Mercury Morris' endless bragging, he made one very important point---it's just too damn hard to go undefeated.

to their credit, the Pats had an amazing season---breaking records, winning games big, winning games they weren't supposed to win etc. of course none of that means much now.

it's just too bad---for the Pats and their fans---that they didn't get to win it and have the fairytale ending they wanted, middle finger defiantly raised for all to see.

btw, re: assholes---that's what Bill calls his guys. he uses it on his favorite unit (the defensive line) "affectionately".

Edited by gift_of_game
it's just too bad---for the Pats and their fans---that they didn't get to win it and have the fairytale ending they wanted, middle finger defiantly raised for all to see.

that's why i felt that it would've been better if they lost one, or should i say 'drop' one, during the regular season.. so the pressure of going undefeated wouldn't be hanging over their heads..

it didnt help either that the guys on the defensive line probably wanted to see giselle strut her stuff in manhattan.. :evil: OR tb12 didnt want her gf being ogled at that's why he got sacked so often.. :lol:

To DH, CL, GOG: don't you just wish the Pats won it all (even a tiny weenie little bit) just to shut up those old fogies from the 72 Fins? Man, these guys are really pathetic annually celebrating the fact that they "stand alone." Isn't there any fulfillment in their lives anymore that they have to do this year in and year out? Sad really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/n...tory?id=3229442

the Fins got some right to brag coz they did go undefeated. it's the same right as the Pats, Belichick and their fans had in saying that they never ran up the score to humiliate other teams...

were the '72 Fins being obnoxious and condescending? maybe they were but the same thing can be said too of the Pats (some of them maybe if not all) during their glorious run this season. if you can't take the heat then get out of the fire as some would say...

72 fins can brag all they want .. they did the perfect season and won the trophy ... much like how the Pats couldve bragged all they wanted if they won the superbowl... which they didnt.. for a team that was very efficient the pats, specially the defense looks to me like they took some plays off.. samuel making a lackluster attempt to catch a badly thrown ball.. letting eli slip through an already sure sack etc etc

the Giants winning scares the hell out of me .. it kinda negates the cry of mcnabb and westbrook for a few more playmakers on either side of the ball .... if the Giants can win w/o probably the best running back the giants ever had in tiki ... management can say "the current squad should have no excuses.. and if a couple of close games turned the other way it couldve been the eagles in the big game"

my question to NFL fans .. will you still rank these Patriots as the best ever? if not who will you oput in front of them?

the Giants winning scares the hell out of me .. it kinda negates the cry of mcnabb and westbrook for a few more playmakers on either side of the ball .... if the Giants can win w/o probably the best running back the giants ever had in tiki ... management can say "the current squad should have no excuses.. and if a couple of close games turned the other way it couldve been the eagles in the big game"

my question to NFL fans .. will you still rank these Patriots as the best ever? if not who will you oput in front of them?

It just goes to show you that football is a team sport. From a Giants perspective they had the best running back for a couple of seasons in Tiki Barber - that didn't work. They had the best tight end in Jeremy Shockey - that doesn't work. The team only came together when there were no STARS, just a bunch of guys who worked hard fighting to prove that they could do it. You could certainly make the argument that Eli is now a star but I will beg to differ; he's a leader, and that's what this team needed.

Are the Pats the best ever - a big resounding NO. If they won maybe you can make that argument because they would have been 19-0 and no team was able to stand up to them. Would've, could've, should've. :rolleyes:

I'll take the 10-6 record + being Superbowl Champions any day over 18-1! :hypocritesmiley:

but seriously, in between Mercury Morris' endless bragging, he made one very important point---it's just too damn hard to go undefeated.

to their credit, the Pats had an amazing season---breaking records, winning games big, winning games they weren't supposed to win etc. of course none of that means much now.

btw, re: assholes---that's what Bill calls his guys. he uses it on his favorite unit (the defensive line) "affectionately".

To top it all off Belichik is a sore loser as seen in the closing seconds of the Superbowl and ESPN called him on it yesterday. :D

Bill Belichik is a defensive-minded coach and he's one of the best in the game. But, for chrissakes you have to take control of your whole team in a game of this magnitude and not just be in a huddle with your defense all the time. He probably didn't even know what was going on with the game every time his offense took the field. Thank god for his coaches in the box and thank god for that headset! :lol:

if donovan mcnabb goes to baltimore, it is like steve mcnair's move a couple of years back... aside from having MC in their last names, both are quite similar in their style of play... and gumpy because of their injuries... which would weigh a lot to the possibility that mcnabb going up north will not conspire...

it was all brian billick's fault of being conservative in offense and not developing a franchise quarterback... john harbaugh

yr ravens new coach is from here .. like childress in minny they love mcnabb... and the ravens need a qb and is supposedly unhappy .. i dont think the eagles will let him go .. kolb his understudy is still not ready, off season shld be interesting if eagles pick up a good wr, or even a good te... then its safe to say that mcnabb is good for at least a year more

now that michael strahan won a super bowl, will he hang up his cleats?