N F L - National Football League

I hope you read the article (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/500530.html) wherein Jeff Ireland had a slip regarding on who the Fins will be drafting first. He hinted that they will be getting some defensive guy, contrary to the belief that they have their eyes zeroed in on Boston College stud Matt Ryan. There could be some truth behind this as Miami had already met with the agents of defensive ends Jake Long and Vernon Gholston.

Miami might be avoiding the similar pain that the Oakland Raiders had with last year's top pick JaMarcus Russell, which nearly lead to a holdout. The Houston Texans had the same draft day dilemma a couple of years back, shocking everybody by passing up Reggie Bush and Vince Young and nabbing Mario Williams instead.

the number 1 overall pick isnt as good as it was ... now you have to worry about negotiations with the pick .. and they dont come cheap .. russell got 30 mill last year

my only knock on the tuna would be once the going gets tough he jumps ship .. look at the jets and the cowboys... once he couldnt have his way he upped and left

Edited by denimhead

Let me correct myself, Jake Long is an offensive tackle, while Chris Long is the defensive end. Who do you think is the longer between the two? :P

Here are is my take on the top five:

Dolphins - They will be looking for stability on both sides, so the either of Longs, Glenn Dorsey, or Vernon Gholston could end up as the 1st pick.

Rams - Marc Bulger is still there and they still have Steven Jackon. The defense is stable but the offensive line is in shambles. If Miami does not choose Jake Long, he might end up in the Gateway City.

Falcons - Their defense has always been there, but it cannot be said with offense. They feel safe about Chris Redman, so they might end up nabbing someone who could help them score. Sound like McFadden will be new poster boy in Hotlanta in the PV (post-vick) era.

Raiders - It is hard to predict Al Davis is thinking. They already have Jamarcus Russell, so Matt Ryan is already out of the equation.

Chiefs - Like the Dirty Birds, they have defense (Patrick Willis?). Larry Johnson will look to bounce back after a disappointing season and Tony Gonzales will be there to a few more numbers to his Hall Of Fame-bound career. But they don't have the dude to give them the ball. It's clear who will end up in KC.

Edited by teio

theyre saying matt ryan will most likely end up in baltimore... dolphins are said to trying to secure a deal with either jake long or dorsey .. whoever agrees to the contract becomes a first pick .... chris is being slotted at the kc spot ... theyre said to be dealing a DE end for picks .. ellman i think ... raiders might get run dmc .. and falcons get whichever long is left.....

as for chad .. lemme spell it out for you E A G L E ...... lol

Edited by denimhead

*Maybe the Niners will jump into the Ocho Cinco fray, they NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN SCORE.

*Cincinnati has a bad share of dud draft picks for defense.

*Shockey to Saints? Uhm, they already have a nice TE duo in Eric Johnson and Billy Miller. Adding Shockey may further disrupt team chemistry (like what he is known to do). Rumors are saying that NO is offering safety Roman Harper and a second-round pick for Shockey. It is undeniable that he has talent, but Shockey is also known for his long medical issues. The offer is a bit steep for me.

i think NO is going for it this year .... Niners do need offense ... but they need D too ... too many needs on that team to try and get a wr that might disrupt the rebuilding process ... i see 85 as a last piece kind of player like Moss in NE and TO in Dallas ... he'll fit in a team thats already set in all depts .. that being said Philly still need to shore up their return game .. but in all aspects theyre almost complete .. if it was up to me .. id make a deal for roy williams rather than johnson

The Eagles thrive being a low-key team. For sure, Johnson will give the offense a tremendous jolt - at the expense of having doubts on when he will bark at McNabb, Marty Mornhinweg, and Andy Reid.

As for the Niners, I would say that their need is even. Due to the ineptness of the counterparts, the defense needs to play extended minutes. Yet, their front four doesn't look to scare away anybody.

Just read somewhere, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson said that they are thinking about getting a QB as the 30th pick. Yet he quickly stated that Aaron Rodgers will still be their man.

I can't imagine Favre wearing another uniform. Maybe a t-shirt with a team logo and a headset :headsetsmiley:

theres some really serious talks about favre coming back .. but not as a packer .. which i think is blasphemy

eagles were very good in the first year of TO ... ocho cinco will be the same .. after the first year all bets are off ... lol