N F L - National Football League

And they got a slap on the wrist for this. Geez. The fine and lost draft pick doesn't hurt them as much.

Suspend Bill B for 4 games!

Goodell's manhood sure shrank on this one.

i think taking away first round draft pick or 2 and 3 for next year would hurt the organization more in the long term (think t'wolves, the bloody organization never ever recovered).. a bill suspension would hurt them for 4-6 games MAX.. we dont even know if that would hurt at all, for all we know, they can sweep or even take 50% of those 4-6 games without bill.. :)

Edited by bubuy
i think taking away first round draft pick or 2 and 3 for next year would hurt the organization more in the long term (think t'wolves, the bloody organization never ever recovered).. a bill suspension would hurt them for 4-6 games MAX.. we dont even know if that would hurt at all, for all we know, they can sweep or even take 50% of those 4-6 games without bill.. :)

I know bro, I just wanted to get something done in the short term. Penalize them now for something they did now just so they know they can't F with the league.

For all we know, next year's pick doesn't really mean as much to them as it would to an also-ran since they're pretty much built to win it all this year anyway.

And with a team they got, there's no doubt they can win inspite of the circumstances.

Edited by gift_of_game

they would probably just go out and sign a big name free agent who wants to win now... i think the league should reduce their salary cap by 1/4! that outha hurt

• Downvote 1
they would probably just go out and sign a big name free agent who wants to win now... i think the league should reduce their salary cap by 1/4! that outha hurt

that would hurt, but that is unrealistic..

you guys must've an overdose of brandon funston's favorite drink.. Hate-O-Rade!!!! :lol:

i think the 750K though is too small of an amount.. nothing compared to McLaren's spygate penalty of USD100 Million + disqualification from the constructor's championship :goatee:

that would hurt, but that is unrealistic..

you guys must've an overdose of brandon funston's favorite drink.. Hate-O-Rade!!!! :lol:

i think the 750K though is too small of an amount.. nothing compared to McLaren's spygate penalty of USD100 Million + disqualification from the constructor's championship :goatee:

I just don't condone cheating in pro sports.

That's it.

It sucks the life out of the game. It's that overbig middle finger waving in my general direction. If you can't protect the integrity of the game, there's really no point ponying up to watch it.

I'm all for competing and getting the edge over the opponent but when lines are crossed and it involves something as blatant and shameless as working up the score or juicing up or stealing signals by video---that's just awful.

And besides, like I said, with their kind of club, the Pats don't need to get their hands grimy with that kind of stuff, they should have been above and beyond it.

Instead of walking with the pride and stature of a once-and-future champ, they just reek with the insecurity of a small-time crook too foolish to leave anything to chance.

hey, there's a tally. I think I had a lower score than that but heck, I believe in your counting abilities bro DH...

my picks:

Carolina over Houston

Jacksonvile over Atlanta*

Indianapolis over Tennessee*

St. Louis over San Francisco

Pittsburgh over Buffalo*

Cincinnati over Cleveland

New Orleans over Tampa Bay

Detroit over Minnesota*

Dallas over Miami*

Seattle over Arizona

Baltimore over NY Jets*

Chicago over Kansas*

Denver over Oakland*

NY Giants over Green Bay

New England over San Diego**

Philadelphia over Washington

8 and looking to be 9 out of 15. what a sucky percentage..

Edited by cheeselogger
Mr Pickle's Picks for the Week (Season Record: 14-2)

HOUSTON over Carolina

JACKSONVILLE over Atlanta

INDIANAPOLIS over Tennessee

ST. LOUIS over San Francisco

PITTSBURGH over Buffalo

CINCINNATI over Cleveland

NEW ORLEANS over Tampa Bay

DETROIT over Minnesota

DALLAS over Miami

SEATTLE over Arizona**

BALTIMORE over NY Jets

CHICAGO over Kansas

DENVER over Oakland

GREEN BAY over NY Giants

SAN DIEGO over New England

PHILLY over Washington

I think I'll settle with 11-5.

I underestimated the home court and weather factors. And by God, it sure means a ton in this sport.

Those Warm Weather Chargers sure look grounded in Foxborough.

I knew it, I shouldn't have bought on the Bengals D after one game. Tsktsk.

Mr Pickle's Picks for the Week (Season Record: 14-2)

HOUSTON over Carolina*/

JACKSONVILLE over Atlanta/

INDIANAPOLIS over Tennessee/

ST. LOUIS over San Francisco X

PITTSBURGH over Buffalo /

CINCINNATI over Cleveland X

NEW ORLEANS over Tampa Bay X

DETROIT over Minnesota /

DALLAS over Miami /

SEATTLE over Arizona** X

BALTIMORE over NY Jets /

CHICAGO over Kansas /

DENVER over Oakland /

GREEN BAY over NY Giants /

SAN DIEGO over New England X

PHILLY over Washington

*-my improbable upset of the week pick (Go Dre, Go! Run Ahman, Run!)

**-some people are banking on an upset for this one but I don't think it's likely as both Shaun and Hasselbeck will do much better in this game. Their defense will do just enough to keep them in it in case their offense sputters early on.

10-5

my prognostications ..

Carolina over Houston X

J'Ville over ATL /

Indy over Tenn /

Niners over the Rams /

Pitt over Buff /

Cincy over Cleve X

Saints over Bucs X

Minny over Detroit X

MIA over DAL X

Arizona over Seattle /

B'More over the Jets /

CHI tops KC /

Denver buries Oak /

Packers pack the G Men /

Pats cheat on the Chargers (couldnt help myself im sorry) /

Eagles go wild on the Redskins

10-5

hey, there's a tally. I think I had a lower score than that but heck, I believe in your counting abilities bro DH...

my picks:

Carolina over HoustonX

Jacksonvile over Atlanta/

Indianapolis over Tennessee/

St. Louis over San Francisco*X

Pittsburgh over Buffalo/

Cincinnati over ClevelandX

New Orleans over Tampa BayX

Detroit over Minnesota/

Dallas over Miami/

Seattle over ArizonaX

Baltimore over NY Jets/

Chicago over Kansas/

Denver over Oakland/

NY Giants over Green BayX

New England over San Diego**/

Philadelphia over Washington

9-6

* I was about to pick SF to win but Alex Smith sucks as the niners QB and if he doesn't improve on his first week performance, I bet he's going to get Fryed...

hehehe

** the Pats are going to prove to everybody that they do cheat but they really don't need it too much to win. their 2 Super Bowl wins were no flukes...

season tally

G-O-G 23-8

DH 20-11

Cheese 19-12

Week 3 Schedule

Arizona at Baltimore 1:00 pm X

Buffalo at New England 1:00 pm /

Detroit at Philadelphia 1:00 pm /

Indianapolis at Houston 1:00 pm.. i smell upsettttt X (almost but not quite)

Miami at N.Y. Jets 1:00 pm /

Minnesota at Kansas City 1:00 pm X

San Diego at Green Bay 1:00 pm X

San Francisco at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm /

St. Louis at Tampa Bay 1:00 pm X

Cincinnati at Seattle 4:05 pm /

Cleveland at Oakland 4:05 pm X

Jacksonville at Denver 4:05 pm X

Carolina at Atlanta 4:15 pm /

N.Y. Giants at Washington 4:15 pm /

Dallas at Chicago 8:15 pm X

Monday, Sept. 24

Tennessee at New Orleans, 8:30 pm

7-8

Edited by denimhead

Week 3 Picks

Baltimore over Arizona (I still don't trust Leinart. B'More D will make it difficult and keep it close until they get something out of the running game.)

New England over Buffalo (Losman needs more than a miracle to do good here)

Philadelphia over Detroit (despite 2-game romp, I don't trust Kitna either)

Indy over Houston (it's Peyton baby, they will find a way to put enough points on the board, regardless)

NY Jets over Miami over (close game but I think the Jets are gonna pull this one out thanks to Thomas Jones)

Minnesota over Kansas City (Ah, the changing of the guard. LJ will rattle his cage but I feel like it's AP who's gonna do more damage.)

San Diego over Green Bay (I don't really expect LT to bust out against the Cheesehead D but if Norv Turner can't make things happen, this talent-heavy team will, somehow. And GB's due a loss.)

Pitt over SF (I think this would be SF's defining moment. That said, I don't trust Alex Smith either.)

St. Louis over Tampa Bay (see above. And replace Alex Smith with Jeff Garcia)

Seattle over Cincy (in a high scoring game, the more capable defense will ultimately exert its will.)

Oakland over Cleveland (sorry Browns, dream's over. your new QB will return to being a crash-test dummy.)

Denver over Jags (if the coaching staff sticks to an offense meant to render the unflappable MJD as a non-factor, they are screwed for the rest of the season)

Carolina over Atlanta (does soda come in cans?)

Washington over NYG (my homer pick of the week)

Dallas over Chicago (I trust Rex Grossman about as much as a random hot-blooded male trusts a hooker with a penis)

MNF

NO over Tenn (it's about time the Saints get their mojo back)

Edited by gift_of_game

4 games back...

time to roll the dice in some games...

Week 3 Schedule

Arizona at Baltimore 1:00 pm

Buffalo at New England 1:00 pm

Detroit at Philadelphia 1:00 pm

Indianapolis at Houston 1:00 pm

Miami at N.Y. Jets 1:00 pm

Minnesota at Kansas City 1:00 pm

San Diego at Green Bay 1:00 pm

San Francisco at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm

St. Louis at Tampa Bay 1:00 pm <- time for S-Jax to get his bearrings

Cincinnati at Seattle 4:05 pm <- Carson's arm is tired I think... hehehe

Cleveland at Oakland 4:05 pm <- close game against the Broncos last week will make them hungrier for the win this week

Jacksonville at Denver 4:05 pm <- and the mile high stadium claims another hapless victim

Carolina at Atlanta 4:15 pm <- Steve Smith will go crazy against the Falcons secondary

N.Y. Giants at Washington 4:15 pm <- NY Giants will finally win one, and I hope I will too in my picks... hehehe

Dallas at Chicago 8:15 pm <- Grossman will have his Dr. Jekyll game here...

Monday, Sept. 24

Tennessee at New Orleans, 8:30 pm <- Sean Payton will have something new for the Saints, or else he's gonna get fired...

Edited by cheeselogger