N F L - National Football League

Hey anybody know why ESPN Philippines are not showing any NFL games??? I waited for 2 days Monday and Tuesday but nothing they kept showing reruns of xgames and jonescup!!! Bwisit!!! Wala na talaga kwenta ESPN and Star!!! Pati Solar pinalabas yun Jets-Pats ng live pero walang replay!!! Terrible!!! Anybody from those 2 stations that are working here??? Please magpalabas naman kayo ng NFL games :thumbsupsmiley:

Update on Kevin Everett:

Kevin Everett voluntarily moved his arms and legs on Tuesday when partially awakened, prompting a neurosurgeon to say the Buffalo Bills' tight end would walk again -- contrary to the grim prognosis given a day before.

Based on our experience, the fact that he's moving so well, so early after such a catastrophic injury means he will walk again," said Dr. Barth Green, chairman of the department of neurological surgery at the University of Miami school of medicine.

"It's totally spectacular, totally unexpected," Green told The Associated Press by telephone from Miami.

Green said he's been consulting with doctors in Buffalo since Everett sustained a life-threatening spinal cord injury Sunday after ducking his head while tackling the Denver Broncos' Domenik Hixon during the second-half kickoff of the Bills' season opener.

Everett dropped face-first to the ground after his helmet hit Hixon high on the left shoulder and side of the helmet

Everett remains in intensive care at Buffalo's Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital and will be slowly taken off sedation and have his body temperature warmed over the next day, Green said. Doctors will then begin taking the player off life support systems -- including a respirator -- currently controlling his body functions.

"It's feasible, but it's not 100 percent predictable at this time ... he could lead a normal life," Green said.

On Monday, Bills orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Andrew Cappuccino, said Everett likely wouldn't walk again.

"A best-case scenario is full recovery, but not likely," said Cappuccino, who operated on the reserve tight end. "I believe there will be some permanent neurologic deficit."

Edited by Wyld
We're just polling. I think DH is coming up with some goodies for the dude with the best record by season's end... :thumbsupsmiley:

goodies?!?!?! we'll see

this Patriots videogate throws a lot of things into whack .. the eagles can say they shldve won the superbowl.. so did the panthers .. and the colts couldve been the team of the 2ks .... lots of questions come up with this scenario. i think they did cheat .. or at least they took a favorable advantage in winning games .. ever notice how brady seems to make the right throws at the right D? they should at least lose a number one draft pick .....

Mr Pickle's Picks for the Week (Season Record: 14-2)

HOUSTON over Carolina*

JACKSONVILLE over Atlanta

INDIANAPOLIS over Tennessee

ST. LOUIS over San Francisco

PITTSBURGH over Buffalo

CINCINNATI over Cleveland

NEW ORLEANS over Tampa Bay

DETROIT over Minnesota

DALLAS over Miami

SEATTLE over Arizona**

BALTIMORE over NY Jets

CHICAGO over Kansas

DENVER over Oakland

GREEN BAY over NY Giants

SAN DIEGO over New England

PHILLY over Washington

*-my improbable upset of the week pick (Go Dre, Go! Run Ahman, Run!)

**-some people are banking on an upset for this one but I don't think it's likely as both Shaun and Hasselbeck will do much better in this game. Their defense will do just enough to keep them in it in case their offense sputters early on.

Edited by gift_of_game
Mr Pickle's Picks for the Week (Season Record: 14-2)

HOUSTON over Carolina*

JACKSONVILLE over Atlanta

INDIANAPOLIS over Tennessee

ST. LOUIS over San Francisco

PITTSBURGH over Buffalo

CINCINNATI over Cleveland

NEW ORLEANS over Tampa Bay

DETROIT over Minnesota

DALLAS over Miami

SEATTLE over Arizona**

BALTIMORE over NY Jets

CHICAGO over Kansas

DENVER over Oakland

GREEN BAY over NY Giants

SAN DIEGO over New England

PHILLY over Washington

*-my improbable upset of the week pick (Go Dre, Go! Run Ahman, Run!)

**-some people are banking on an upset for this one but I don't think it's likely as both Shaun and Hasselbeck will do much better in this game. Their defense will do just enough to keep them in it in case their offense sputters early on.

my prognostications ..

Carolina over Houston

J'Ville over ATL

Indy over Tenn

Niners over the Rams

Pitt over Buff

Cincy over Cleve

Saints over Bucs

Minny over Detroit

MIA over DAL

Arizona over Seattle

B'More over the Jets

CHI tops KC

Denver buries Oak

Packers pack the G Men

Pats cheat on the Chargers (couldnt help myself im sorry)

Eagles go wild on the Redskins

season record

GOG 13-2

Cheese - 10-5

Dhead - 10-5

Edited by denimhead

hey, there's a tally. I think I had a lower score than that but heck, I believe in your counting abilities bro DH...

my picks:

Carolina over Houston

Jacksonvile over Atlanta

Indianapolis over Tennessee

St. Louis over San Francisco*

Pittsburgh over Buffalo

Cincinnati over Cleveland

New Orleans over Tampa Bay

Detroit over Minnesota

Dallas over Miami

Seattle over Arizona

Baltimore over NY Jets

Chicago over Kansas

Denver over Oakland

NY Giants over Green Bay

New England over San Diego**

Philadelphia over Washington

* I was about to pick SF to win but Alex Smith sucks as the niners QB and if he doesn't improve on his first week performance, I bet he's going to get Fryed...

hehehe

** the Pats are going to prove to everybody that they do cheat but they really don't need it too much to win. their 2 Super Bowl wins were no flukes...

** the Pats are going to prove to everybody that they do cheat but they really don't need it too much to win. their 2 Super Bowl wins were no flukes...

Pardon me saying it but I don't think that's the right way to spin it at all.

If they didn't need it, why bother with it in the first place?

If you're a loaded team like the Pats, it's almost imperative to say that you are above and beyond cheating.

Or at the very least, it's imperative for you to be smart enough not to get caught.

Instead of basking in the self-confidence of perennial contenders who are primed for an award tour, this whole incident just makes them look like giant rodents scrounging for scraps in the garbage bin.

Go Pats?

Die Rats!

<_<

Edited by gift_of_game

too funny... :upside:

'Midget' remark may loom large

Bears could use insult as a rallying point, writes David Haugh

September 12, 2007, 10:50 PM CDT

Rubbing his upper right arm as if it still hurt, Rex Grossman recalled the jolt his body felt when Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips sacked him Sunday on the Bears' second offensive play.

"The hardest hit I ever took," Grossman said Wednesday.

On the field, that is.

The NFL's favorite piñata took another beating off of it after San Diego linebacker Matt Wilhelm told a California newspaper that Chargers linebackers coach Ron Rivera advised his players they could rattle Grossman because he was "a mental midget."

Grossman proved otherwise by taking the high road.

"He has never been around me and he always has been up in the booth," Grossman said of the former Bears defensive coordinator, who denied using the term.

Doesn't matter now. The politically incorrect insult just might have come at the right time for the 0-1 Bears and their heavily scrutinized quarterback given the way the team sprung to Grossman's defense, especially leader Olin Kreutz.

Kreutz blistered Rivera in protecting Grossman better than he was Sunday in the pocket.

Rivera's alleged knock came on the same day the Chargers' Phillips called Cedric Benson "soft," on Sirius Radio, and nothing bonds a team more tightly than its players being criticized from the outside. It's cliché, but it works for them.

The puffy-chested Chargers postgame remarks simply warned the Bears that future opponents will want to get inside their heads because, word around the league is, there's plenty of room.

Thus a Bears team always looking for a perceived slight to keep it edgy just found another one. The shelf life for this affront could be longer than the usual diss because it came from a peer and former colleague rather than the media.

"They won their first game and you would think they're Super Bowl champs by the way they run their mouth," Kreutz said.

For the record, Rivera considered Wilhelm's revelation regrettable and said in a phone interview that he addressed the matter with the linebacker.

"I told Matt, 'You keep that up, I might not ever be able to go back to Chicago,' " Rivera told the Tribune.

Rivera acknowledged telling the Chargers they could make Grossman lose composure and used his problems with fumbled snaps in exhibitions as examples. But Rivera claimed the scouting report never got personal to the point where it questioned Grossman's intellect.

"I would never say something like ['mental midget'] about somebody, especially Rex," Rivera said. "I have a lot of respect for him because he went through a tough time last year and I didn't think it was all fair."

Bears coach Lovie Smith dodged the issue and tried changing the subject to the Chiefs. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner reserved judgment because he hadn't spoken to Rivera but called any characterization of Grossman as unintelligent, "idiotic."

Hunter Hillenmeyer gave his old coach the benefit of the doubt, saying behind closed doors a coach might say things "just trying to get his guys ready to play."

But not everybody in the Bears' locker room was as understanding or bought Rivera's denial. One player doubted the term "mental midget," just popped into Wilhelm's head. And Kreutz went even further and lashed out in a way that gave credence to the notion that Rivera's incompatible personality with Smith hastened his Bears' ouster.

"I think Ron showed you right there why he isn't here anymore," Kreutz said. "He's kind of a 'me' guy who said too much sometimes. It doesn't [surprise me]. Here's a guy who said after we lost the Super Bowl, 'It's my time [to be a head coach].' So take it for what it is."

What it is now is an opportunity for Grossman. Whether it was Vikings safety Darren Sharper last year, Colts defensive line coach John Teerlink in the Super Bowl video by NFL Films or now the Chargers, the book on Grossman around the league tells the story of a quarterback with a strong arm and weak head.

So edit it, Rex.

Grossman didn't have great numbers Sunday, but the Bears didn't lose because of his play. He needs to build on the incremental progress shown in the way he stepped up in the pocket, dealt with pressure and took punishment with little more than a wince.

Marlon McCree's interception wasn't Grossman's fault as much as it was Bernard Berrian's for not reading the safety correctly. Neither were the Chargers' two sacks on which the pass-rusher pummeled Grossman after being untouched.

He cannot commit unforced errors such as dropping the ball while being chased and needs to look more fluid leaving the pocket. But Grossman looked sharper doing the little things than his 30th-ranked passer rating of 53.7 implies. At least it wasn't a giant step backward against one of the NFL's toughest defenses.

Turner didn't do him any favors either by keeping one of the NFL's best weapons, Devin Hester, in the holster and calling a conservative game that neglected the deep ball. Not having tight end Greg Olsen hurt, sure. But the Bears need to re-watch the first quarter of the first exhibition game against the Texans to remember the value of spreading the field and using the short pass to freeze linebackers and thaw out the running game.

"We can do whatever we want to do when we're at our best," Grossman said.

The Bears are at their best being doubted and can thank the Chargers later for their help, like maybe at the Super Bowl. Now wouldn't that be fun?

bro .... Pats have 3 rings.. and it seems i did miscount .. i didnt see you take arizona ...

my bad, all along I keep on remembering they won 2 in 3 years span..

hehehe

Pardon me saying it but I don't think that's the right way to spin it at all.

If they didn't need it, why bother with it in the first place?

If you're a loaded team like the Pats, it's almost imperative to say that you are above and beyond cheating.

Or at the very least, it's imperative for you to be smart enough not to get caught.

Instead of basking in the self-confidence of perennial contenders who are primed for an award tour, this whole incident just makes them look like giant rodents scrounging for scraps in the garbage bin.

Go Pats?

Die Rats!

<_<

you got a point there. another way to look at it is that they're just doing what most, if not all, teams are doing. but just like you've said, they should have been above and beyond that given the "talent" and accolades that they have got...

by the looks of it, the only way that they really would feel the punishment is for them to not make the playoffs and lose 2 draft picks instead of one. nevermind if the 2 drafts picks are rounds 2 and 3, the talent level in the football draft would hurt them losing 2 out of their supposed first 3 draft picks. but since they still have the 1st round pick from Atlanta just like blue_phoenix said, it just looks like there was no draft pick lost and they just shed/released a player/s (the player/s sent to Atlanta for the pick).

my bad, all along I keep on remembering they won 2 in 3 years span..

hehehe

you got a point there. another way to look at it is that they're just doing what most, if not all, teams are doing. but just like you've said, they should have been above and beyond that given the "talent" and accolades that they have got...

by the looks of it, the only way that they really would feel the punishment is for them to not make the playoffs and lose 2 draft picks instead of one. nevermind if the 2 drafts picks are rounds 2 and 3, the talent level in the football draft would hurt them losing 2 out of their supposed first 3 draft picks. but since they still have the 1st round pick from Atlanta just like blue_phoenix said, it just looks like there was no draft pick lost and they just shed/released a player/s (the player/s sent to Atlanta for the pick).

I'd rather have them suspend Bill B. for four to six games.

As in suspension along the lines of Merriman last year when he was barred from interacting with the team on and off the field---no practice, no talk, no instructions to the rest of the coaching staff, no nothing whatsoever.

That way, the rest of the league would think twice about cheating or at least, would be a little more subtle with their methods.

The fines are a pittance and the lost draft picks are cute but hardly consequential in the short term i.e. this season.

More than anything, of course, Goodell's gone downy-soft right here and for good reason: he is good friends with the Pats owner.

This apparently is one of the guys who helped him out in no small way by railroading his ascent to the commisionership.

It's almost a textbook example of not biting the hand that feeds you.

Edited by gift_of_game