What's The Greatest Rock Band For You?

joeyjay

How about Asin?  I've grown to appreciate their miusic  as of late.  May pagka freedom rock, 60's vibe.

LOL! pokpok, I think I could basically pinpoint your age! :lol:

ASIN is the definitive Pinoy Rock with their own style with little outside influences. Most of the posters here, I presume, are born late to trully realize the greatness of ASIN which recently took the center stage again, albeit, without enough credits to ASIN.

The song "Balita" is probably a benchmark all on it's own, but the young'uns would never realize Blackeyed Peas "APL Song", is based on this great song by ASIN.

:)

LOL! pokpok, I think I could basically pinpoint your age!  :lol:

ASIN is the definitive Pinoy Rock with their own style with little outside influences. Most of the posters here, I presume, are born late to trully realize the greatness of ASIN which recently took the center stage again, albeit, without enough credits to ASIN.

The song "Balita" is probably a benchmark all on it's own, but the young'uns would never realize Blackeyed Peas "APL Song", is based on this great song by ASIN.

I actually bought their greatest hits cd February of this year. Didn't hear of them untill I came here. About my age... huy loko ka! Secret natin yun ha :lol:

BTW, I'm going home this November! Mainly to Manila, but am planning a trip to Subic. Hows about you?

LOL! pokpok, I think I could basically pinpoint your age!  :lol:

Every time I listen to "Balita" takes me back to that era of uncertainty and unfulfilled promises. A crossroad where Ferdie took the wrong turn. Really a sad song.

The female lead vocalist is magical. I have never seen her, but I love her voice. I wish there were more songs with her singing.

ASIN ??? OK ITO .....

Balita ..... Cotabato ...hangin .. himig ng pag-ibig

itanong sa mga bat .. masdan ang kapaligiran...

they play good ... medyo late ko na sila nakilala ..pero bata pa ako naririnig ko na ... i started listening to them when we started a band .. wherein we mix old n new ..

it doesn't mean i'm old .. i'm only 24 ... hehehe.... :mtc:

ASIN ??? OK ITO .....

Balita ..... Cotabato ...hangin .. himig ng pag-ibig

itanong sa mga bat .. masdan ang kapaligiran...

they play good ... medyo late ko na sila nakilala ..pero bata pa ako naririnig ko na ... i started listening to them when we started a band .. wherein we mix old n new ..

it doesn't mean i'm old .. i'm only 24 ... hehehe.... :mtc:

Even if Shady's in mah avatar I also dig rock ya know... :boo:

Nirvana --- have the Nevermind CD n the Unplugged as well :cool:

Linkin Park -- lively... has mix of rock n rap :cool:

Nickelback -- "You remind me" was great... same as their other hits :cool:

The classics : GNR, Metallica, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Smashin' Pumpkins... the list just goes on... :cool: