Toyota Or Honda ?

my ninong who is a rich guy from a nearby province bought a camry (24.0 variant).  he was so damn proud of it...would drive it during the weekends.  he would even bring it to high society gatherings..political gatherings (he is a politician)...and brag about how good it is. 

The sad thing is when ninong and I went to taipei just month for a business trip and guess what we saw just as we stepped out of the airport....a camry taxi!!!!

Worse thing is that this taxi has better interior than the local camry....although the taxi camry is a 2.0 variant.

talk about a  major turn off!!!!!

dude, went to Germany, BMW at Benz ang taxi nila

anyway, im driving a honda before pero sold it for a toyota.

Comparing the two cars and which ever you would purchase would depend on what you like. Toyota's considers fuel economy more while Honda always goes for engine power causing if for higher fuel consumption. Well both cars has good and tough suspension. But for me as of the latest models looking for the overall, I like the Toyota Camry better, more if I could change its wheels to 20" for sporty look but still stays elite and executive.

Guys don't get me wrong pero let's not compare the cars we have here and with the other countries. There is a big difference we all know it and we'll just get frustrated.

Would you also consider Cefiro Brougham, sobrang executive na ang dating.

Korek ka jan pardsssss... pero yun honda pioneered the technology? mali rin yata yun ah.. siguro, honda lang ang nag-advertise na ganun na ang technology.. dali pards.. alam mo yan eh.. dali, explain mo nga..  :unsure:

Actually Fiat and nauna nag implement ng variable valve timing and lift. ito yung binili ng bmw. Yung honda ang sumunod pero variable lift lang yun ang vtec. yung vvt-i variable timing. yung i-vtec variable timing and lift. ganun din yung VVTL-i. ang susunod dual vvt-i para sa dohc engines ng toyota.

Kaya kung ako tatanungin Toyota.

Hmmm, have had the experience of driving both, and the accord wins it for me. Para bang after driving the camry, nothing really great to say about it. It's all good, but made no real impact. Had a different experience with the Accord. The car feels smaller than it is when you're driving around on the small side streets, even though interior space is really good. Engine wise, you gotta love the way Honda makes its powerplants, especially when you're driving on a deserted EDSA at 2:30 am. :)

But of course, I've only driven them a few times. Owners would have a better opinion since they live with it everyday, and they know how much it costs to maintain.

• 2 months later...
Hello :)

its not that I can afford it....just wandering which model would be the best choice, if, for some reason (win a lottery perhaps) I would have this chance to buy a new car....between the new Camry or a New Accord..

thanks...

cheers :)

camry, proven na ang toyota.. sa taxi corollas na lang kita at subok ang tibay..parang terminator.. laspag laspag na katawan pero maganda pa din takbo..

may pinakita din dati na lumang Toyota Hilux pickup sa tv..Topgear from UK..

pina akyat baba sa hagdan..buhay pa din!

binangga sa puno..buhay pa din!

binangga sa pader..buhay pa din!

pinalo ng wrecking ball (yung crane na ginagamit pang demolish ng building).. konting yupi lang..andar pa din..

nilubog sa dagat.. nung matuyo..nag start pa din makina at andar pa rin!

pang huli..sinunog.. nung mamatay ang apoy.. konting pihit ng mekanino.. umandar na naman!

parang Terminator cyborg nga daw..hehe..

ang honda is more image lang..pero kung gusto nyo bumili ng sumasayaw na robot..honda bilhin nyo..

Edited by THUG

HONDA!!!

Am an owner of both cars, the honda stands out.Even in Taipei, they prefer the Accord over the Camry as a taxicab.Even the compact sedan class, Civic is a lot more superior than an Altis. Speaking of cabs, have u ever wonder the manititude of the noise of the suspension of the corolla? not to mention the aircon and the 'non-rigid' body.

it depends na din sa bibili..

siguro you should ask yourself na lang.. what do you prefer... to show off your status or image to the public, or do you prefer a tough, durable, long lasting, practical car?

if the former then choose honda

if the latter then of course, corolla..

but since im not showy, i would prefer to buy a car for its purpose and durability, not just to show off, otherwise i could have just bought jewelries.. so im buying Toyota Camry..

• 3 months later...
Toyota AE86 trueno ap din ako, walang drift machine ang honda. all they have is power, wala silang good balance... a trueno can beat a R34 sa circuit. civic ba kaya yun? R34 - 280hp, trueno AE86 - 160 hp. beat that!!!

You can't compare a rear-wheel drive car (trueno) to a front-wheel drive (civic) in terms of balance and handling, especially on a circuit.

Toyota AE86 trueno ap din ako, walang drift machine ang honda. all they have is power, wala silang good balance... a trueno can beat a R34 sa circuit. civic ba kaya yun? R34 - 280hp, trueno AE86 - 160 hp. beat that!!!

I guess your principle is wrong dude. It doesn't mean that the higher the horsepower, the faster the car goes. It also depends on the weight and balance. The reason why racers prefer a trueno because the body and the engine is balanced : 50:50. One more thing, NA, Turbo, and Supercharged Cars has it own advantages in different races such as drag, circuit, autocross/slalom, etc. And also Honda Civics, can also beat an R34. It all depends on the mods and tuning.