Accountants\finance\auditors Etc.

For the Second Time, an Auditor from Punongbayan & Araullo topped the worldwide CIA Exams.

Apple took the exams last May 2007.

Dutchess, our previous topper, took the exams last December 2005.

Wala pang 2 years, dalawa agad ang na-produce namin! :goatee:

It is really quite an achievement and a testament to the Firm's staunch support for its staff taking the exams. I just hope she wont go the way of Duchess who, after topping the exams, switched the last letter of her employer from P&A to P&_. :lol:

• 1 year later...
just to confirm:

is it true that as an individual taxpayer, i can use yung mga receipts ng mga purchases ko na taxable para mapababa ang tax ko every year?

You need to have a single proprietorship business to be able to take advantage of this. Otherwise, nope.. you can't use it. You can only deduct your personal and additional (if you have a qualified dependent) exemptions to your Earnings.

• 5 weeks later...
can anybody recommend an appropriate accounting system software for a financing company?

any opinion on quickbooks and peachtree?

thanks.

hmm i have used this quickbooks before pero since american made ata ito yung ibang account titles nila for income and expense is yung gamit din sa kanila meaning di sya gaano adaptable sa pinas tapos yung peachtree is more of a trading or mechandising software like for inventory and the like just my sharing :D

• 3 weeks later...
guys meron akong tanong nag tataka lang ako kasi parang sobrang laki ng tax na binabawas dito sa ofc namin.

how do you compute your tax if you are earning 50K a month and you are married with 1 dependent?

thank in advance.

There is a withholding tax table that tells you how much your take-home pay will be, depending on whether you're earning on a daily, weekly, semi-monthly, monthly basis - it shows how much will be withheld from your taxable income for a particular pay period. Theoretically - i.e., assuming your salary does not change during the year - when you multiply the amoutn withheld based on the said withholding tax table, you should end up with your annualized income tax due - i.e., no more additional income taxes due at the end of the year.

well basically, under the current tax rules, you have the following deductions from your gross taxable income:

-basic annual personal exemption of 50K

-for married or head of family, additional exemption of P 12.5K for each dependent, max of 4 dependents

-30K exemption for 13th month pay and/or other forms of salary/compensation income (if any)

-SSS, Philhealth etc.

For purposes of discussion, i'll assume the following:

-50K a month basic salary, including 13th month pay, but no other income or bonuses

-1 dependent

-No SSS/Philhealth deductions (just to simplify the computation)

-No de minimis or non-taxable compensation

So basically, your annual income tax will be computed like this:

Gross annual compensation P 650,000

30K exemption for 13th month pay (30,000)

25K personal exemption (25,000)

Additional exemption for dependents (12,500)

Net Taxable compensation P 582,500

Annual Income Tax (P 125K + 32% of excess over P 500,000) = P 151,400

Income Tax per payroll period (assuming monthly payroll) = P 12,616.67

HOpe this helps.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guys, is there a way for BIR to trace if you are maintaining double sets of Official Receipts? I know this is illegal, but I'm just wondering because my business partner is urging me to maintain 2 sets of our Official Receipt while maliit pa lang ang company para makabawi lang agad sa puhunan then after that we will maintain just one set na lng.

• 3 years later...
On 9/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, overk1ll said:

Guys, is there a way for BIR to trace if you are maintaining double sets of Official Receipts? I know this is illegal, but I'm just wondering because my business partner is urging me to maintain 2 sets of our Official Receipt while maliit pa lang ang company para makabawi lang agad sa puhunan then after that we will maintain just one set na lng.

official receipts for be acceptable has to be approved by the BIR. if you issue a different set of official receipts not approved by the BIR, you maybe penalized for it. BIR has strict invoicing requirements and this is their one of favorite ways to penalize taxpayers.