Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Brandon Vera should definitely drop weight. It might have been rust, but he looked pretty helpless in there. It was hard to tell though, considering he had a 265lb sack of s@%t leaning on him the entire fight.

Also, does anyone else think Tim was trying to get out of a fight with Noguiera, by calling out Kongo?

It wouldn't be a stretch to consider Anderson Silva the best Pound for Pound fighter out there right now. I don't know what Dan Henderson's plans are, but the UFC should be begging him to drop down. He is the only guy that could give Silva a run for his money in that division.

http://i22.tinypic.com/16ld1g0.gif

tim silvia was just too big for Vera... i agree that he should drop to light heavyweight... ok siguro kung tito ortiz and brandon vera..

i actually enjoyed the Sylvia - Vera fight, considering the fact that Tim wasn't like that in God knows how long. in the Monson fight he wasn't throwing combinations like that, & he almost looked like the Tim Sylvia of Arlovski-Sylvia 2. anybody already bashing Brandon (after profusely praising him and pushing for him before the fight) isn't really being fair to him IMO, because when they showed his corner cutting his tape it's pretty evident that he did break his hand. rust did play a factor, because the tunnel vision wasn't there when he fought. he was definitely rattled, but only because it's been almost a full year since he fought Frank Mir. give him a fight or two to see if he really needs to drop to 205. i mean, not all guys in heavyweight are Tim Sylvia types, & stylistically he can match up decently (at least) with most of the guys in heavyweight. come to think of it, Brandon did a much better job keeping pace with Sylvia. Tim said it himself, Brandon's stronger than he looks, & if he was lesser than that then we would've seen something similar to the Monson fight, only this time Brandon would've been in danger of losing via GNP.

i'm not even gonna try to muster an opinion about the Silva - Franklin massacre, because i'm too brain dead thinking who's gonna stop him.

does anyone have the link to the franklin-silva fight........i missed it

thanks

Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0t42RU3PuaI/

Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1Qier0HucOA/

can someone post the UFC theme? astig kasi yung song, lalo na habang pinapakita yung mga gladiator.

request ko din yung gif ni Brandon Vera habang nagsasayaw after a big win.

it wasn't a bad loss for Brandon

he didn't get knocked out, he didn't get badly beat up, save for that small cut on his head.

he just didn't execute the game plan, I felt that he was surpised at how big tim looked inside the cage, and chose instead to clinch, thinking that maybe he can maybe "couture" his way to a win.

it was closer than what Rogan and Goldie made you think, they made it seem that Big Tim was dominating the entire fight. Watch it again with the sound off and you can see that Vera won round 1 by a small margin (more solid strikes, some punches and a solid leg kick, Sylvia just smothered him in that round), and he won round 2 convincingly with that one takedown and the flurry at the end.

anyway this loss might be good for him, it will give him time to re-evaluate his game and what makes him tentative and train for that in the future. and he won't be going down to 205 just yet because a) he loves to eat and finds it hard to cut weight and B) he said he'll go down to LHW, if someone BEATS HIM DOWN, that didn't happen with Sylvia.

anyway...

alan belcher was amazing, but the funniest part of that fight was the look on the doc's face as he was checking out Kalib's cut. the best part though was "HE CAN SEE MY SKULL...F*CK YOU!

http://i20.tinypic.com/20z4hf5.jpg

didn't care for the bonnar fight

Silva is an animal. I was rooting for Rich to get his mojo back in this fight, but the look in his eyes said it all:

http://i21.tinypic.com/vsgaz7.jpg

Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0t42RU3PuaI/

Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1Qier0HucOA/

can someone post the UFC theme? astig kasi yung song, lalo na habang pinapakita yung mga gladiator.

request ko din yung gif ni Brandon Vera habang nagsasayaw after a big win.

The song is Face You Fear from the band Stemm:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K901WQS5

pasensya na, wala kasi akong makitang good quality video ni brandon vera sa youtube...

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5260/brandonveradancehu9.gif

@ Larry

can't blame Starnes for that outburst. his corner actually thought he gave a verbal tapout, but his corner didn't see the Marvin Eastman-esque cut on Kalib's forehead. that was nasty.

Brandon losing isn't that bad, cuz i see it more as a refresher course after being away for almost a year.

@ kimkulit

Randy didn't retire, he "resigned" from the UFC as per his duties as color commentator and ambassador, aside from relinquishing the strap. he's still looking for that Fedor fight, that's why he's fighitng to be released from his contract.

@ archiexarchie

Hughes is too small for 185, height & weight wise. it's gonna be like when Sherk fought Hughes. Sherk is too small for 170.

@ suffocater

that's "Face The Pain" from Stemm, taken from the Ultimate Beatdowns Vol. 1 CD.

ut silva is a different fighter now. he's in a different level. a rematch with the piranha wont be bad tough

Silva never change he was the same silva when he was in chute boxe hes striking never change his guard is ok but i think a good ground and pounder who knows how to get out subs will expose him ie lindland,filho.

Silva added the Blackbelt in BJJ in his arsenal. But it wil be good to see Chonan vs Silva again. Who knows? diba?

And yeah, Filho, Lindland, Probably Kang or Lawler...

Vera did a decent job actually. He won round 1. It's just that the judges saw it the other way.. Sabi nga nila, Octagon Control

Yan yung nagpanalo kay Sylvia, Octagon Control.

Pero power punches? Vera wins it.

Edited by pr0nmast3r

thanks suffocater for the link

i did not think brandon vera lost bad......he lost but not bad

i thnik he was ahead by round one but the only telling thing that sylvia did was his little flurries at the end of round 2 and 3.

vera could have won the fight had he punched and kicked more....joe rogan called it like vera was dominated which was not the case

i think it was vera's ring rust...iba talaga kapag hasa sa laban.....if he did not have the ring rust, the broken hand would not have bothered him just like when rich franklin broke his hand.....it's the ring rust that made him tentative

i don't think that vera would move to LHW......he said that he will move down when someone "beats his ass"...there was hardly any beating done by sylia save for the last 20 seconds of the bout....the cut he made on vera was on top of the head.....dapat illegal yun

i think that vera would continue fighting other HW until he gets another chance to face sylvia again

stearn's cut was sick.......as a tv viewer i would have stopped the fight too had i been the referee....just imagine if you were the referee or the doctor who saw it up close.....yikes!!!!

i was surprised that blood was not pouring

@larry

gota agree on you abt the brandon fight :) I saw him winning it although the most impt is the last round. It leaves a mark on the judges scorecards. :( BTW did you know he broke his hand in the 1st round so that had a big effect on his fighting style in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He'll be back.

@ Larry

can't blame Starnes for that outburst. his corner actually thought he gave a verbal tapout, but his corner didn't see the Marvin Eastman-esque cut on Kalib's forehead. that was nasty.

IMO it was a semi verbal tapout. If you really want to continue fighting and the doc asks you if you can see, you answer "Yes" even if it's blurry, you don't say "no, I can't see, but I want to fight" that's just asking for the doc to stop the fight, without you actually saying it. There have been worse and far bloodier cuts that have been allowed to continue.

Kalib has had a history of quitting, but it was really a$$holic for his corner to say "He f*cking quit again" on PPV, those things you just discuss in the locker room.

Probably Kang or Lawler

They should really get Kang in the UFC

BTW did you know he broke his hand in the 1st round so that had a big effect on his fighting style in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

yeah he did, but it was really weird that he didn't follow Master Lloyd's instructions. It was funny that when Master Lloyd was telling him to move to his right to avoid the big right hand, and start throwing leg kicks Brandon was all "ok yeah" and nodding, but as soon as the round started he clinches and takes Tim to the fence. Brandon knew that he didn't follow the game plan, he even apologized for it at the end. It was just odd to see him not even try out that strategy when it was working beautifully at the end of the 2nd.

I agree with you sir Larry. Though he even manages to smile and keep his cool. Brandon wasn't following their game plan. I clearly heard Master Lloyd's instructions that he should move to his right and throw some kicks in. But I do hope there will be a rematch between him and Tim. Yabang nung bondying na yun!!! He's just lucky Brandon caught him while he's other knee was still on the ground. Kung nagkataon tapos na ang boksing!

Damn! Anderson really rocks! He really gets better and better with each fight. I do hope next in line for him is Okami!