Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

the only way Fedor is going to lose in the UFC, is if somebody brings a Glock into the octagon

Hahaha... marami nga nagsabi nito! When Fedor loses, this will be the day in MMA they allow guns inside the ring or cage! Hahaha :thumbsupsmiley:

dana sent chuck to pride GP to setup a mega fight against W. Silva but during the fight with rampage chuck wasn't able to answer the bell (ala bj penn) due to ass whoppin given to him.

Correction sir! It was a towel thrown by the cornerman of Lidell! Chuck got exhausted and Rampage was pounding on him before he got to mount position! But the whole fight it was Page getting the better out of the Iceman! :hypocritesmiley:

Pride a lesser Org than the UFC?! Comer on!? Man before the collapse of Pride! Japan was considered to be the mecca of MMA! Even the fighters/trainers said that Pride was about the best fighters around the world! Alot of American Fighthers left the UFC and fought in Japan, there they were able to make a living and fight with the best! Thus Pride GP's were introduced, to know who are the best fighters!

"The Cage is your world but the Ring is our Universe" :hypocritesmiley:

Shane Carwin is a big guy that would evenly match up with Brock, as for size. Skill-wise, i dunno yet. he needs to be tested and one big obstacle on his way is Gabe Gonzaga. I'm really looking forward to see this guy fight Brock in the near future.

Well im actually think about the gonzaga vs crocop thing and i think with gonzaga skill and power he might be a good opponent for brock.... just a hypothetical thing in my mind...

pride = lesser org? cmon man, i like ufc but i dont look at pride as lesser org than ufc. years back, many mma fans\fighters consider pride as the most "bad ass" org while ufc is just SECOND best.

Pride a lesser Org than the UFC?! Comer on!? Man before the collapse of Pride! Japan was considered to be the mecca of MMA! Even the fighters/trainers said that Pride was about the best fighters around the world! Alot of American Fighthers left the UFC and fought in Japan, there they were able to make a living and fight with the best! Thus Pride GP's were introduced, to know who are the best fighters!

"The Cage is your world but the Ring is our Universe" :hypocritesmiley:

when an organization folds and ceases to exist because it had trouble financially, then it becomes a lesser org...

yeah PRIDE WAS badass, but who else aside from Coleman, Randelman, Big Nog & CroCop has Fedor fought in PRIDE?

Fujita? nahh, Fedor was supposed to make quick work outta him but he got KD by a wild right hook

Herring? we all know Heath is not in the same boat as Fedor

Schilt? he's a kickboxer for crying out loud... (though he's a good kickboxer)

Goodridge? can you say tomato can? yep...

Nagata? a "Pro-Wrestler" need i say more...

Ogawa? he's good... Olympic level Judo player good though...

TK? c'mon man, he's got an excellent guard but TK at that time was already old

Zuluzinho? Butterbean kimura'd this dude, though he had an excellent win against The Minowanman

Hunt? are you kidding me?

then after PRIDE Fedor went where the money was bigger & better for his "management"

sorry if you took the post by mistake, it never was mean't to say PRIDE as lesser to the UFC during the old days as "hardcore" fans say

BTW i just observed that a lot of PRIDE fighters never really transitioned good in the Octagon...

spacing problem in the octagon perhaps?

Well im actually think about the gonzaga vs crocop thing and i think with gonzaga skill and power he might be a good opponent for brock.... just a hypothetical thing in my mind...

gonzaga panics when he gets bloodied, not a good thing when you're up against someone like brock. Although Gonzaga has really good BJJ, which might negate Brock's style. It's a good matchup, it's just not clear to me yet how gonzaga can pull off the win.

when an organization folds and ceases to exist because it had trouble financially, then it becomes a lesser org...

Pride folded because dream had some shady deals with the Yakuza. TV networks got wind of this and pulled Pride out of their broadcast roster. No TV, No PPV, less money. Pride didn't fold because it was an inferior product, it folded because of the bad decisions made by its management. Pride fighters even made more money than UFC fighters, and they put on a hell of a show. Dana was seriously worried about Pride, he got lucky because Dream got stupid.

Schilt? he's a kickboxer for crying out loud...

Crocop is a kickboxer

BTW i just observed that a lot of PRIDE fighters never really transitioned good in the Octagon...

spacing problem in the octagon perhaps?

a lot of it has to do with the dynamics of the cage itself, everything is different to them.

there's that, plus the fact that most of the Pride fighters are over the hill, crocop, wand, nog, have all been in terrible wars before, and somehow those days have caught up to them.

I'd love to see Kid Yamamoto in the cage though.

gonzaga panics when he gets bloodied, not a good thing when you're up against someone like brock. Although Gonzaga has really good BJJ, which might negate Brock's style. It's a good matchup, it's just not clear to me yet how gonzaga can pull off the win.

Pride folded because dream had some shady deals with the Yakuza. TV networks got wind of this and pulled Pride out of their broadcast roster. No TV, No PPV, less money. Pride didn't fold because it was an inferior product, it folded because of the bad decisions made by its management. Pride fighters even made more money than UFC fighters, and they put on a hell of a show. Dana was seriously worried about Pride, he got lucky because Dream got stupid.

Crocop is a kickboxer

a lot of it has to do with the dynamics of the cage itself, everything is different to them.

there's that, plus the fact that most of the Pride fighters are over the hill, crocop, wand, nog, have all been in terrible wars before, and somehow those days have caught up to them.

how about fedor vs brock? well i just hope this match materializes soon.

im thinking the same thing. some of them (if not most) are already past their prime when they enter the cage except for the few that still have what it takes to compete to the ufc. same goes with other ufc figters that wrecked havoc before that are now on a down hill (hughes, chuck, etc). i just hope fedor goes to the ufc before hes fighting career\spirit\skills or what ever fighters have slowly diminishes.

anyway, if ever fedor fights brock in the ufc. I'll be rooting for brock.

if this happens, i'm putting my money on brock. :thumbsupsmiley:

let's make this exciting... anyone want to take fedor's side, even just for P1000? come on fedor fans, lets put our money where our mouths are! :goatee:

pwede but policies are the problem...

I'll bet 1000 that this won't happen anytime soon and that Dana or Fedor's management will find a way to screw this up once again.

This is the down side of MMA I guess soon this will affect the whole MMA competition world...

Pride was owned by the Yakuza's!

UFC are owned by the Fertita's! (Italian-American Mafia anyone?) :hypocritesmiley:

Actually the Japs screwed Zuffa in buying out Pride! Pride was invading the US market and the UFC felt threatened and had to buy them out, not knowing Pride was loosing money because broadcast partners/TV stations were about to pull out! They were able to put up one last show which was Pride 34! After that they decided to pull the plug!

Crocop is a kickboxer

thats prolly why CroCop didn't do well in the Octagon...

Kid would be great as well, but i'm taking into consideration what you've said about ring fighters transitioning into the cage...

I'll bet 1000 that this won't happen anytime soon and that Dana or Fedor's management will find a way to screw this up once again.

AMEN! ^_^

UFC 95 Results

Main event:

Diego Sanchez defeats Joe Stevenson via unanimous decision

Main card:

Dan Hardy defeats Rory Markham via knockout in round one

Nate Marquardt defeats Wilson Gouveia via technical knockout (strikes) in round three

Demian Maia defeats Chael Sonnen via submission (triangle choke) in round one

Paulo Thiago defeats Josh Koscheck via knockout in round one

Under card:

Terry Etim defeats Brian Cobb via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Junior dos Santos defeats Stefan Struve via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Evan Dunham defeats Per Eklund via knockout in round one

Mike Ciesnolevicz defeats Neil Grove via submission (heel hook) in round one

Paul Kelly defeats Troy “Rude Boy” Mandaloniz via unanimous decision

UFC 95 Results

Main event:

Diego Sanchez defeats Joe Stevenson via unanimous decision

Main card:

Dan Hardy defeats Rory Markham via knockout in round one

Nate Marquardt defeats Wilson Gouveia via technical knockout (strikes) in round three

Demian Maia defeats Chael Sonnen via submission (triangle choke) in round one

Paulo Thiago defeats Josh Koscheck via knockout in round one

Under card:

Terry Etim defeats Brian Cobb via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Junior dos Santos defeats Stefan Struve via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Evan Dunham defeats Per Eklund via knockout in round one

Mike Ciesnolevicz defeats Neil Grove via submission (heel hook) in round one

Paul Kelly defeats Troy “Rude Boy” Mandaloniz via unanimous decision

talaga tapos na ba laban?

i watched UFC replay last nite Home cable channel 17 (studio 23) back to back with affliction channel 14 (c59). sabay eh 11pm. buti na lang may PIP ako.

walang ka wenta wenta UFC compare as affliction... 2 fights sa UFC umangal yun mga na KO hehe.. main bout parang under card lang.

yung affcliction lahat ng fight pang main event. may mga bading nga lang na commentator.. si odlh bading na bading ang porma, leather americana with patented bading smile.

FEDOR wins via 1st rnd KO, ONE punch KO... sayang arlovski was winning the fight. he was caught while giving a flying knee. sana mag GIF.

mukhang asawa ni trump yung prize ni fedor. hehe.

freddie roach sa campo ni fedor?

Edited by The_Blade
freddie roach sa campo ni fedor?

roach is Arlovski's boxing coach

-----------

Maia is amazing

throwing Sonnen to the ground and landing in a triangle, is something you rarely see outside the gym, and Maia pulled it off perfectly (with a little help from Sonnen of course)

I say it's about time for Franklin X Maia