Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

GSP n Silva should be in the future after he walks all over Alves, probably won't happen until later this year...

I like both gsp and penn so neutral lang ako.

Anderson silva is @ middleweight... so i guess the much more perfect fight would be Spider vs. russian red devil... silva vs. fedor

since both could not be stop by anyone...

Machida deserves a title shot with that kind of performance! congrats to one of my fave fighter.

heres the best match up i think...If machida keeps his record clean...

Lyoto machida vs. anderson silva

OR

Anderson silva vs. fedor

OR

GSP vs. Lyoto machida

Sorry looks like the GSP vs. rashad evan will not happen coz they train together... they spar with each other...

Remembering the machida vs. ortiz fight... with a clean record now for machida... nag mukhang barbie doll tuloy si ortiz hahaha!

Badtrip talo si Penn! Lakas talaga ni GSP!

After Machida KO'd T. Silva! Now Im a believer! Hope he gets hi well deserved title shot against Rashad Evans! Karate is Back!

I doubt Machida vs. A.Silva is gonna happen! They are both from Blackhouse! And A. Silva already said he has no plans of staying in the LHW division because he believes the title belongs to Machida!

GSP vs. A. Silva is possible! After GSP defends his title to T. Alves! This will be a war!

BJ Penn vs. Ken Flo in LW! This is something to watch! Ken Flo has a good chance snatching the title away from Penn!

Jon Jones! Got to look out for this one! Only 21 and his 8th mma fight! He completely dominated Bonnar!

I love GSPs approach to this fight. It was completely technical and methodical. It was a part of their gameplan to make Penn push him until his arms get stiff. That way, BJ's striking were ineffective. It was all GSP.

You really can't predict how a fighter would win in this sport. Most of the guys here were probably expecting the Machida fight to go the distance. Well... he knocked Thiago's lights out in the first round. A very impressive win indeed. I hope he gets the title shot he deserves.

and suddenly the haters become believers... WAR machida

i don't think anyone in the LHW division right now can beat the dragon. well, unless a one punch wonder lands in his face and ko the f---- out of him. but then again that is less likely to happen, it is possible but less likely. seriously, to my mind only an excellent wrestler with good bjj can beat this guy and there is none int he LHW.

UFC 98 guys Mir vs Donkey Kong

Huges vs. Serra

I'm for Mir and Serra

goddamn! it's such a great thing to watch someone who talks a lot of sh1t get the sh1t get smacked out of them

GSP totally dominated BJ, in all aspects and ranges of the MMA game.

-----

Machida looked great, but I'm still not a fan, he hits really hard though.

Penn Files Complaint Over Vaseline on St-Pierre’s Back

BJ Penn has filed a complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission after Vaseline was applied to Georges St-Pierre’s back between the second and third rounds of their UFC 94 headliner.

During a post-fight appearance on ESPN’s MMA Live St-Pierre explained that one of his trainers applied Vaseline to his face between the first and second rounds then rubbed his back with the same hand between the second and third rounds, accidentally applying some remaining Vaseline to his back. An NSAC official who witnessed the transfer had the Vaseline immediately wiped off with a towel.

Little is likely to come of the complaint as St-Pierre was already dominating Penn prior to the incident and the substance was immediately removed, ensuring that it had no effect on the bout’s outcome

Quinton Jackson to determine Lyoto Machida's championship fate

by Dann Stupp on Feb 01, 2009 at 4:45 am ET

Count Lyoto Machida among the many who will watch closely the UFC 96 main event between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Keith Jardine.

After all, Machida's potential title shot rests solely on how Jackson fares at the March 7 pay-per-view event in Columbus, Ohio.

Following Machida's stunning first-round TKO of previously undefeated Thiago Silva at Saturday's UFC 94 event, UFC President Dana White said the Jackson vs. Jardine fight will determine who gets the next light-heavyweight title shot.

If Jackson wins, he get an immediate chance to reclaim his belt, which he lost to Forrest Griffin in 2008. If Jardine wins, though, Machida will get the first shot at recently crowned champion Rashad Evans' belt. Evans won the belt with a third-round TKO of Griffin at UFC 92. (Jackson knocked out Wanderlei Silva at the same event to climb back into the title picture.)

"We don't have [Machida] scheduled to fight Rashad next," White said in the post-UFC 94 press conference. "But he's in the mix. He'll probably have a title shot before the end of the year."

Machida, long dogged for his propensity to take fights to decision, scored his most meaningful knockout in UFC 94's co-main event. Not only did the TKO prove his ability to finish fights (against a quality opponent), but he also picked up a $65,000 Fight of the Night bonus in the process.

White said the fight was a turning point in Machida's career -- and that it mimics the paths many of the UFC's other top fighters have taken.

"The thing I said about this kid since the first time I ever saw him is if when you think back to Matt Hughes, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell and any of the guys who have been the big stars here the past 10 years, they weren't barn-burners when they first came into the UFC," White said. "It wasn't like highlight reels and excitement. What happens is guys get in the UFC. It takes them a little while. They have to feel like this is their home. They have to start to get the feel for it, get some fights under their belt, and I said when Lyoto gets that, he's going to be very dangerous.

"I think he's going to be one of the greatest fighters in MMA, and every time he comes out to fight, he proves it more and more. ... He looks better every time he fights."

Machida, who moves to 14-0 with the victory, has now posted six consecutive UFC wins. However, he hasn't posted back-to-back stoppages since the second and third fights of his career, when he defeated former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin and "The Ultimate Fighter 1" runner-up Stephan Bonnar early in their careers.

Additionally, from 2004 to 2007, he posted six decision victories in a seven-fight span. Despite the wins, Machida's elusive fighting style often drew the ire of fight fans.

UFC 94 marked a new chapter in the Brazilian's career. Soon after sending Silva to the mat, Machida dropped a huge right to knock Silva out cold with just a second remaining in the first round. The TKO victory earned Machida a thunderous round of applause from the sold-out MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

"I'm just real happy because every time I come out I try to get better and better and try to improve and finish fights," Machida said through his manager and translator Ed Soares. "It just makes me feel good when I go out there and do the job that I did and the fans are cheering for me.

"That's my goal: to please my fans."

source: www.mmajunkie.com