Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

...at least he's gonna be embarking on a whole new adventure. right when he posted on his blog about his desert trip, and his admission that worse comes to worse he could die out there, i was worried. i hoped for the best, but unfortunately hope wasn't enough to save him this time.

i'll tip some gin for you Evan, & I'll do so with Metallica's "Wherever I May Roam" on the background, the story of Evan Tanner's life...

"anywhere i roam, where i lay my head is home

carved up on my stone, my body lies but still i roam"

RIP, Evan. Save us a place up there, we'll catch up on your next roadtrip...

I originally wasn't a Tanner fan, i thought he was run of the mill in fact.

But that was before I saw TannerXFranklin

man that was something else, this guy would never give up no matter what

and then I read some of his blogs

there really is something more to Tanner than his in ring exploits.

Just sad news about the passing of Evan Tanner. While he wasn't an elite fighter in the manner of an Anderson Silva, Tito Ortiz, or Randy Couture, he nevertheless was a former UFC Middleweight Champion. I just hope that he has now found the inner peace that he was struggling to find in his life.

R.I.P. Evan Tanner

I'snt Machida gonna fight Thiago Silva!? Well I never was a Iceman fan, and who thought Chuck was invincible?! I guess only UFCnuthuggers do coz Rampage whooped his Ass twice. Think his considering retirement already, better go out now kesa malaos pa sya and people starts to forget Him!? Baka mag ala Ken Shamrock sya!?! Huwag naman sana... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Thiago withdrew from his fight with Machida because of back injury...

And here we go again with the nuthugging thing, lol @ those who believe in nuthugging, that is so sherdoggish, hehehehe! sherdog.com would be very proud to know that nuthugging is alive and well in some people's mind, heheheh!

Im not a big fan of the Iceman but I do believe he was invincible, or should I say, "nearly invincible" (I think this is the apt term). Yes, he may not be invincible as what "purists" may say, but his place in MMA can never be denied. For a one-dimensional fighter to hold the LHW belt the longest, so far, is something. And his records speak for itself, first things first... And I wont put too much premium on that KO by rampage in the octagon because it was a controversial one, but that is another story and that is just me. The only convincing win I see against Liddell (barring any controversy), before he was KTFOC by Evans, was the side choke by Jeremy Horn, though he didnt tapped on that... Pero dapat talagang mag-retire na sya... for an ace player to be beaten in his own game is something. He will never be the same again because of that brutal KO. And the youngblood at 205 lbs. are raring to come out and play, it will be very difficult for him to fall in line for a shot at the title, especially now that he is old and broken...

As with Lyoto Machida, seems like his title shot is as elusive as his style, heheheh! He should have been the challenger now, talaga nga namang "What a difference a single punch can make", heheheh! Also, UFC is also favoring their products, kitang-kita naman eh... And it is clearly an injustice para kay Machida. But it may actually work in his favor...

Ano kaya ikinamatay ni Tanner? Snake bite of scorpion sting?

Ano kaya ikinamatay ni Tanner? Snake bite of scorpion sting?

^ heat exhaustion. right where his body was found, temperatures could go as high as 115 to 118 fahrenheit. the authorities found his bike first, and it was abandoned. most likely the bike ran out of gas, so he tried to walk to where people are. unfortunately, a couple of miles from his bike that's where he was found dead. no official autopsy yet, but heat exhaustion is most likely the reason why he died.

Well I cant help write "Nuthugging" coz most of the post here are so UFC! MAn theres much more MMA outside the Octagon! As for my view with Lyoto, he still needs to win convincingly! By KO or Sub and not just by points! Forrest and Evans for the LHW belt! Is as good as it gets! Anyways RIP To Evan Tanner! Self trained MMA fighter! Think he died due to dehydration/exhaustion as he camped in the dessert as he run out of supplies. Ok I confess I'm a sherdogger! LOL! Haha... :thumbsupsmiley:

WAR TANNER! whereever he may be he's still champ... too bad i like Ace as well, but hell Evan is Evan he learned the game via instructional books and he became champ... he's probably in the great big octagon in the sky now.

That's a testament to just how much a fighter Evan Tanner really was. A great big octagon in the sky with angels wearing skimpy outfits a thousand times hotter than edith and arriani are the ring girls and do dance numbers in between rounds. hehe. :hypocritesmiley:

Any pure bred Filipino that is worthy of the UFC?

Is Chuck running a clinic??? cost.. location???

Hmm.. Come to think of it. Eduard Folayang from Lakay Wushu with a lil bit more ground work I think is definitely UFC worthy. Actually that Lakay team has got a bunch of guys who I think who can fight internationally kaso if you consider the fact that the UFC's weight classes start at 155lbs I think only Folayang and perhaps Joel Amurao would be 'big' enough.

Another one I think would be Asian Indoor Games Muay Thai Champion Ruben Sumido. A lil more groundwork and he'll get there.

Edited by geneticfreak
Hmm.. Come to think of it. Eduard Folayang from Lakay Wushu with a lil bit more ground work I think is definitely UFC worthy. Actually that Lakay team has got a bunch of guys who I think who can fight internationally kaso if you consider the fact that the UFC's weight classes start at 155lbs I think only Folayang and perhaps Joel Amurao would be 'big' enough.

Another one I think would be Asian Indoor Games Muay Thai Champion Ruben Sumido. A lil more groundwork and he'll get there.

Yup these two are definitely caliber.

Even Mark Sangiao and Rency Calvelo