Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Jackson pleads guilty in reckless driving case, sentencing scheduled next year

by Steve Sievert on Jan 09, 2009 at 9:15 am ET

Quinton Jackson faces up to six months in jail after pleading guilty to one felony count of evading a peace officer following his arrest last July in a widely publicized reckless driving case in Costa Mesa, Calif.

The former UFC light heavyweight champion negotiated a plea agreement in which he also pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of driving recklessly.

According to the Orange County District Attorney's office, Jackson, 30, is scheduled to be sentenced on Jan. 7, 2010. However, prior to sentencing, Jackson is required to complete 200 hours of community service, attend mental-health therapy and pay restitution. He could receive up to six months in jail and probation at sentencing.

Jackson was charged on Aug. 25 with one felony count of evading while driving recklessly and one felony count of evading a peace officer and driving against traffic, along with three misdemeanor counts of hit and run and one misdemeanor count of reckless driving. He originally pleaded not guilty to the charges on Aug. 29. The sentence for that set of charges ranged from probation to up to three years in prison.

By accepting the plea agreement, Jackson, who rebounded from his July loss to Forrest Griffin by knocking out Wanderlei Silva last month at UFC 92, significantly reduced his potential sentence.

Costa Mesa police arrested Jackson on July 15, following a hit-and-run accident and subsequent chase. He drove onto a curb on the 55 Freeway and sideswiped two vehicles, causing damage to both. Jackson also was accused of failing to stop after hitting the two cars and fleeing the accident scene. Police eventually apprehended the fighter in Newport Beach.

Toxicology reports showed that Jackson was not under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the incident. Multiple independent medical professionals examined Jackson and determined that he had suffered from delirium while driving.

source: http://mmajunkie.com/news/13669/jackson-pl...d-next-year.mma

yup much like the guy on your avatar bro. hehe. absorbs MMA knowledge like a sponge. had no wrestling background to speak and only learned upon his introduction to MMA but has now turned into one of the best wrestlers in his home country of Canada. Quite amazing the kind of athletes these guys are.

Share ko lang may dati ako trainer... tinuruan nya ko... pero after several rolls... natigil kami...di kc mag kasundo shcedule namin... So lipat ako sa iba...ayun ok naman naging maayos...kaso binungangahan ako ng dati ko trainer... yung bago trainer ko daw nood lang ng video tapos ginagaya yung mga moves...In other words walang pormal na training yun sumunod na trainer ko... pero napansin ko mas madali matutu pag may napnood kalang na move... ako iniincorporate ko nalang yung mga napapanood ko sa UFC sa mga training ko...kaya ayun medyo nakaka bawi... kung baga sa grade school "elevated" ng isang grade ang dating ko... Cguro ganun din si lesnar...pero teka I hate brock... bakit ako nahumaling sa kanya.... haaaaaay gaano kaya kalaki penis nya? hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbato bato din cguro penis nya hehehehe

Share ko lang may dati ako trainer... tinuruan nya ko... pero after several rolls... natigil kami...di kc mag kasundo shcedule namin... So lipat ako sa iba...ayun ok naman naging maayos...kaso binungangahan ako ng dati ko trainer... yung bago trainer ko daw nood lang ng video tapos ginagaya yung mga moves...In other words walang pormal na training yun sumunod na trainer ko... pero napansin ko mas madali matutu pag may napnood kalang na move... ako iniincorporate ko nalang yung mga napapanood ko sa UFC sa mga training ko...kaya ayun medyo nakaka bawi... kung baga sa grade school "elevated" ng isang grade ang dating ko... Cguro ganun din si lesnar...pero teka I hate brock... bakit ako nahumaling sa kanya.... haaaaaay gaano kaya kalaki penis nya? hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbato bato din cguro penis nya hehehehe

hahaha. hala ka. anu nangyayari sayo.

anyhow may tao atang ganyan na mas natututo pag nanonood na lang ng video apart from the fact na puwede mo irewind madalas pinapakita nila ang isang move from many different angles. BJ Penn actually has a blog (or a site) which gives some bjj techniques for free (parang open source bjj ang dating). But how I like to treat the techniques from websites is to still consult them with some reputable teacher. I have had the privilege of training under national team coaches in wrestling and BJJ blackbelts Stephen Kamphuis and John Baylon. I like asking them about these moves during training and more often than not they will modify it or add to it based on what they see is my style of grappling. They personalize these moves and give details on how I can incorporate it to my own style. And we all know that details are the most important thing in BJJ/grappling.

Mga Boss,

Help naman. May gym ba na nagtuturo ng MMA d2 sa Makati? Thanks!

BJ PENN ako sir!

KMA Fitness and Martial Arts has MMA training in Makati. kindly visit http://bjjphilippines.com for details.

As for the BJ Penn/GSP superfight here are my thoughts:

first off in the standup game BJ has the better boxing (utilizing that jab to perfection in knocking out Sean Sherk) but GSP has the more diverse striking arsenal.

the wrestling side of the equation definitely goes to GSP.

however of course once it hits the ground BJ Penn is the more technical and more skilled ground fighter among the two.

Another intangible in this case is what BJ's conditioning. Who's the BJ Penn that's gonna show up? Will it be the guy Matt Hughes beat the last time they went at it or will it be the one who dominated Joe Daddy Stevenson and Sean Sherk it'll probabbly be the latter. We all know that GSP always shows up in phenomenal shape.

GSP however has a tendency to be reluctant in pulling the trigger so to speak as seen during his loss to Matt Serra.

In any case it's hard to pick a winner in this one. But I want GSP to win.

kaw ha penis pala gusto mo kay brock ha? hehehehe.

trip trip lang para masaya tayo dito hahaha

hahaha. hala ka. anu nangyayari sayo.

anyhow may tao atang ganyan na mas natututo pag nanonood na lang ng video apart from the fact na puwede mo irewind madalas pinapakita nila ang isang move from many different angles. BJ Penn actually has a blog (or a site) which gives some bjj techniques for free (parang open source bjj ang dating). But how I like to treat the techniques from websites is to still consult them with some reputable teacher. I have had the privilege of training under national team coaches in wrestling and BJJ blackbelts Stephen Kamphuis and John Baylon. I like asking them about these moves during training and more often than not they will modify it or add to it based on what they see is my style of grappling. They personalize these moves and give details on how I can incorporate it to my own style. And we all know that details are the most important thing in BJJ/grappling.

trip trip lang para masaya tayo dito hahaha na iimagime ko na nga kun paano sila ng wife ni bock!!!!! sssssssssssssyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt

tt na etits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

Yes syempre its still good to have a coach, but the videos are more for visual para madaling mai-sa-isip madaling maaply...

I like both gsp and penn but I'm rooting for Gsp...

I pick hendo over rich though i find rich entertaining coz he like jim carrey....

WAR PENN

WAR LYOTO

WAR HENDO

WAR SHOGUN

WAR MIRR

Tingnan natin kung mag 5/5 ako dito....

sa last event ng ufc 1-2 lang ako si mir lang nanalo sa bet ko, i went for wandy and forrest they both got their ass kicked...

Sa rumor mill rampag via devastating tko over rashad

who i'm betting for is

PENN

LYOTO

ACE

SHOGUN

BROCK

ahehehe ^_^

Matt Hamiil vs Mark Munoz UFC 96 fight in the works

MMAmania.com can confirm that a 205-pound match up between “The Ultimate Fighter” 3 alum Matt “The Hammer” Hamill (5-2) and two-fight World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) veteran Mark “The Philippine Wrecking Machine” Munoz (5-0) will likely be added to the UFC 96 card at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, on March 7.

It will be the first trip back to the venue for the organization since it set North American attendance records at UFC 68: “The Uprising” almost exactly two years ago on March 3, 2007. Hamill, an Ohio native, was also a part of that event. He defeated Rex Holman on the under card by first round technical knockout.

In all, “The Hammer” has seven professional fights to his credit … all under the UFC banner. After being medically sidelined before the semi finals of the reality show, he debuted for the promotion at the season three finale in June 2006 and was victorious with a first round technical knockout stoppage of Jesse Forbes.

Hamill has also defeated Seth Petruzelli, Tim Boetsch and Reese Andy inside the Octagon. His two losses came at UFC 75: “Champion vs. Champion” in a very controversial split decision to Michael Bisping and at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” in a third round technical knockout to Rich Franklin.

Munoz turned some heads with two strong showings under the WEC banner in 2008. The ridiculously-talented collegiate wrestling champion from Oklahoma State University debuted for the promotion at WEC 34: “Sacramento,” scoring an impressive first round technical knockout win over Chuck Grigsby (who had a professional record of 13-3 at the time).

Six months later he was back in action on the WEC 37: “Torres vs. Tapia” card. And, again, he was impressive with a first round technical knockout, this time over WEC newcomer Ricardo Barros.

Like Hamill, Munoz brings a strong wrestling background to the cage. He was a decorated wrestler in high school and in college. In fact, Munoz was the 1996 NHSCA National High School Champion at Vallejo high school in California, as well as the 2001 NCAA National Champion as a member of the Cowboys.

Hamill has basically relied on his strength and wrestling to win his five fights in the UFC. This fight with Munoz, however, could be the first time he faces an opponent who can match him in those areas.

It should be a very even and competitive match up.

i dunno chief, i'm Pinoy and everything but i'm rooting for Matt "The Hammer" Hamill for that fight... Hamill is a good role model for me kasi

a great model considering his hardships in life!..

mark munoz will have his hands full against hamill.

on the upcoming UFC events ill be rooting for frankllin & shogun.

a great model considering his hardships in life!..

mark munoz will have his hands full against hamill.

on the upcoming UFC events ill be rooting for frankllin & shogun.

yep Munoz will definitely have his hands full against Matt ^_^

yep me too, i'm rooting for Ace and Shogun for UFC93

about _eRon_'s comment that most guys here are pro PENN, ewan ko nga kung bakit eh, kaso PENN din ako ahehehehe

but definitely BJ will have his hands full as well as GSP, i mean, GSP is one huge WW if you ask me at the same time he's a cardio freak as well, GSP will definitely not be a slouch against BJ and vice versa...

hope BJ pulls a win over GSP to make them equal 1-1 ^_^