Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

can anybody recommend a good boxing gym? im looking around for a place where i can learn to box e. thanks!

Where are you located? Elorde has a gym in Q.C. so does Red Corner

Of course meron pa rin sa South ang Elorde, nandun din ang Wildcard.

Red Corner Makati Meron din.

Meron sa Eastwood, meron din malaput sa Del Monte.

There's a guy advertising sa Buy & Sell who does home service.

thanks for the reply Jack Hammer... will check out Elorde. Gusto ko kasi matuto mag Box e. Actually im thinking pa kung Muay Thay or boxing. Checked out the muay thai school in the Ultra and mukhang ok e... any recommendation as to where i can learn from the best? thanks again!

thanks for the reply Jack Hammer... will check out Elorde. Gusto ko kasi matuto mag Box e. Actually im thinking pa kung Muay Thay or boxing. Checked out the muay thai school in the Ultra and mukhang ok e... any recommendation as to where i can learn from the best? thanks again!

Well...the ULTRA guys are still pretty much "top o the food chain", but they also teach outside in different gyms in the metro.

If you're in the south area, baka gusto mo train tayo sa merville under "Jiggy", the guys got a good rep. :)

Probpt: Jack Hammer is correct. The guys at AMAP (Ultra) are probably the best teachers of Muay Thai. They are the official reps of teh country for Muay Thai competitions and are also accredited by the Philippine Sports Commission, so to answer your PM, yes they are part of the national pool.

Four of them are currenlty in Bangkok competing. I don't recall the name of the tourney but I think it's the International Amateur Muay Thai Championship. Kru's Brent and Claro have made it to the gold medal round.

They also train in other gyms like red corner but their gym in Ultra is open practically the whole day and every day except Sunday. Bad news is that they've increased their fees to P5,000 for lessons (20 sessions) then P150 per session after that.

Jiggy in Merville is also an ok guy. I knew him from basketball in the village but I've never trained with him but he definitely can kick ass...that I know.

Probpt:  Jack Hammer is correct.  The guys at AMAP (Ultra) are probably the best teachers of Muay Thai.  They are the official reps of teh country for Muay Thai competitions and are also accredited by the Philippine Sports Commission, so to answer your PM, yes they are part of the national pool.

Four of them are currenlty in Bangkok competing.  I don't recall the name of the tourney but I think it's the International Amateur Muay Thai Championship.  Kru's Brent and Claro have made it to the gold medal round. 

They also train in other gyms like red corner but their gym in Ultra is open practically the whole day and every day except Sunday.  Bad news is that they've increased their fees to P5,000 for lessons (20 sessions) then P150 per session after that.

Jiggy in Merville is also an ok guy.  I knew him from basketball in the village but I've never trained with him but he definitely can kick ass...that I know.

Thanks for the back-up dude. :)

checked out the boxing gym at elorde in sucat the other day... i was very pleased and will probably start training there. the prices are very affordable and mukhang ayos naman...sayang, i really wanted to take up muay thai, kaso mejo mahal ng konti... should have asked if pwede gives yung 5,000 peso fee nila...maybe in the future i'll try muay thai...right now i cant wait to start learing how to box na :D

checked out the boxing gym at elorde in sucat the other day... i was very pleased and will probably start training there. the prices are very affordable and mukhang ayos naman...sayang, i really wanted to take up muay thai, kaso mejo mahal ng konti... should have asked if pwede gives yung 5,000 peso fee nila...maybe in the future i'll try muay thai...right now i cant wait to start learing how to box na :D

Dude. Just started training Muay Thai with Jigs in Merville. P100/session, first lesson is free. You might want to check it out. :)

1st PAN-ASIAN INTERNATIONAL

BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU COMPETITON

Kamphuis-Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Club would like to invite you to participate in the 1st Pan-Asian International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Competition to be held on May 22, 2005, Sunday. The competition will be held at the La Salle Greenhills–Fr. Martinez Activity Center, located at Ortigas Ave., Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines. Competition will begin at 8:00 am. There will be divisions for the white, blue, purple and brown belt levels as well as an absolute division. This competition is for men only. Certificates will be given to all competitors while Trophy cups and Medals shall be given to the champions.

PRIDE FIGHTING’S 2005 16-Man Middleweight Grand Prix Tournament,

TOTAL ELIMINATION 2005. Takes place on April 23rd, 2005

Vanderlei Silva Vs Hidehiko Yoshida

Quinton Jackson Vs Maruicio Rua

Rogerio Nogueira Vs Dan Henderson

Kazushi Sakuraba Vs Yoon Dong Sik

Yuki Kondo Vs Igor Vovchanchyn

Kazuhiro Nakamura Vs Kevin Randleman

Alistair Overeem Vs Vitor Belfort

Dean Lister vs Ricardo Arona

unless he moved houses its on Vienna St.  (for your reference, vienna st is behind the church)

Yup, #61 Vienna. He's open everyday, sundays is actually when some guys from DEFTAC roll. Unfortunately, they are not open to rolling with outsiders. @##$%&*@@!!! :)

For Probt: Jiggy's instructor in Cali was a boxer, so he starts you out with boxing. Correction though, it's P150/session not P100 as I earlier posted, sorry. :( But it's cheaper if you pay the monthly. :) e-mail me at coy_jitsu@yahoo.com if you want to get in touch with him. :)