Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Chuck has just been figured out... and he has been for a while now. The Quinton fight showed it and the Rashad fight put more emphasis to it. Just as Rich Franklin stated during the post fight interview. Every single time Chuck thinks his opponent is on the run he 'over' commits to trying to land the finishing shot and that is when he is vulnerable to a counter. He might have worked more on his wrestling and his bjj for the Franklin fight but when it came to his standup and that particular aspect of his standup that didn't change and Rich simply took advantage of it once again. I actually thought Chuck was in the very best shape of his life for that fight it's just that he has been figured out and old habits do die hard.

Nice win by Martin Kampmann indeed, very good on the head arm control nearly got thiago in an arm triangle a lotta times. Kudos also to Carlos Condit for coming back strong and narrowly escaping defeat.

Pat Barry's jiu jitsu sucks big time though... tsk tsk... during the second round when he had control of Cro cop's overhook and Crocop had his back to the fence he could have easily spun towards him and end up on top of Crocop, in his guard... and that rear naked choke Crocop sank in the third (well he was a bit dazed from all the punches he took) but man he didn't even have a single hook in to help sink the choke. He has to work really really really hard on his ground fighting skills to even have a chance to break into the upper echelon of the Heavyweight division. Anybody from Brock,to Mir,to Cain,to Carwin any of those guys would k*ll him, heck even Ben Rothwell would k*ll him due to his lack of jiu jitsu skill.

too bad chuck lost. i think if he hadnt ran straight to franklin's punch, he'll win by decision bec he hurt franklin's shoulder with a high leg kick and caught him with a few straights, he was even leading on the scorecard when he got knocked out flat cold. i think he should retire.

pretty good card overall.

i was really impressed by martin kampmann. i honestly though thiago would win via decision. i never realized how good kampmann's ground game was, wow. and his striking was top notch, thiago clearly was at a big disadvantage standing up. props to kampmann on a great performance.

crocop finally wins one convincingly! pat barry must be kicking himself right now for not pouncing on crocop the 2nd time he dropped him. i actually think barry was at a huge disadvantage to begin with because he loves crocop too much, he just showed too much respect. credit crocop though for mixing things up as well. barry went into the fight expecting an all out stand up war and crocop secured (imho) the 2nd round by taking him down. not to mention the final seconds of the fight, barry was expecting punches and was totally unaware of the sub. props to crocop. loved his post fight interview as well hahaha what a riot.

man chuck liddell's chin has been shot to s@%t. very disappointing comeback, i was really hoping he'd get the W. sad thing is i thought he was actually winning the fight. couple that with the fact that franklin's arm was broke and he had a good chance of winning. however, he was getting caught by a lot of punches throughout so i guess it was only a matter of time until one hit him good on the chin.

i just hope chuck doesn't say something like "i was doing well until i got caught" which he said after his fight against evans. the problem with chuck is he gets caught all the time. his chin isn't what it used to be...as sad as it sounds, i really think it's time for him to call it quits.

still i am not yet convinced with crocop's win. nagkataon kasi di marunong sa ground yung kalaban. pero kung sina shogun / evans kalaban nya, for sure quit na sya sa UFC. (just my honest opinion) :)

these undercards are great:

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann

still i am not yet convinced with crocop's win. nagkataon kasi di marunong sa ground yung kalaban. pero kung sina shogun / evans kalaban nya, for sure quit na sya sa UFC. (just my honest opinion) :)

these undercards are great:

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann

Bro, Cro Cop is HW, Shogun and Evans are LHW..

Im sure UFC will renew his contract and I would love to see a rematch with Gonzaga..

Apart from Barry's obvious lack of ground skills. The first couple of times he knocked Crocop down he really should have just swarmed on him. This was just simply a case of either too much respect (or admiration) for your opponent in this case or perhaps someone being over satisfied with the knowledge that 'ok,i knocked him down easy in the first few minutes -- this one's in the bag' a lack of killer instinct IMO.

Crocop obviously has lost a step and has problems with the bigger,stronger,more explosive and more athletic heavyweights. The Junior Dos Santos fight showed a staggering disparity in terms of speed between the two fighters and again in this Barry fight getting knocked down emphatically twice in the first few minutes just tells you he really isn't the same fighter. Either he's just a lot more cautious now (after that headkick KO loss to Gonzaga) or it's just age and wear and tear. Whatever the case though he is still one of my all time faves and I pray that he still has a successful run in his remaining fights in the UFC though I seriously doubt if he'll ever be in title contention again.

yeah a rematch between gonzaga and crocop would be fun! both guys are trying to resurrect their careers, though neither are contenders and proly never will be for the ufc. about crocop, the famous 'right kick hospital, left kick cemetery' is long gone. i can't see that happening, not now, not in the future, not ever. everyone knows its coming. that's basically all you have to train for lol.

crocop's physical gifts may have diminished somewhat, but as far as skills are concerned he hasn't really changed since his days in pride imho. just as pat barry has stated on numerous occassions, it's not that crocop has lost his skillset or anything, but moreso that the competition has gotten much better over the years. but of course it could easily be a combination of both.

on another note, the welterweight division has some pretty exciting fights coming up. obviously you have two of the best wrestlers squaring off in the year end finale (can't wait to start watching the TUF eps), then you have alves vs fitch that's been talked about since forever and maybe somewhere down the road we'll have a rematch between kampmann and condit OR hardy vs kampmann OR hardy vs. condit. either way lots of great fights up ahead! :)

This is a funny news

Dave Batista Talks Strikeforce Debut!

He's a former six-time WWE heavyweight wrestling champion of the world -- but this weekend Batista finally confirmed that he's now fighting for real ... for an MMA company called Strikeforce.

The 6'5", 290 pound behemoth was out in Hollywood this weekend -- where he told our camera guy about the move ... and hinted that he already has his first fight lined up.

The 40-something-year-old recently left WWE after his contract expired ... and there had been rumors floating around that he wanted to get into Mixed Martial Arts fighting.

Really!WTF!! I hate it when this pro wrestlers think na magiging brock lesnar sila! batista has no amateur wrestling background, nanggaling sya sa body building, has no experience in fighting! he thinks he can batista bomb his opponent in the cage, ano akala nila sa mma, a fad! sports entertainment is not a sport at all

This is a funny news

He's a former six-time WWE heavyweight wrestling champion of the world -- but this weekend Batista finally confirmed that he's now fighting for real ... for an MMA company called Strikeforce.

The 6'5", 290 pound behemoth was out in Hollywood this weekend -- where he told our camera guy about the move ... and hinted that he already has his first fight lined up.

The 40-something-year-old recently left WWE after his contract expired ... and there had been rumors floating around that he wanted to get into Mixed Martial Arts fighting.

Really!WTF!! I hate it when this pro wrestlers think na magiging brock lesnar sila! batista has no amateur wrestling background, nanggaling sya sa body building, has no experience in fighting! he thinks he can batista bomb his opponent in the cage, ano akala nila sa mma, a fad! sports entertainment is not a sports at all

^^ Strikeforce said that there is no deal YET..

But with the way they handle things, Im pretty sure they will sign him eventually..

Hell they have Hershel walker and Jose Conseco in their roster, why not complete the circus?

And dont even compare them to James Toney, Toney is a former boxing champ which means he knows how to fight unlike a football, baseball, and a pro wrestler..

This is a funny news

Really!WTF!! I hate it when this pro wrestlers think na magiging brock lesnar sila! batista has no amateur wrestling background, nanggaling sya sa body building, has no experience in fighting! he thinks he can batista bomb his opponent in the cage, ano akala nila sa mma, a fad! sports entertainment is not a sports at all

kung totoo man ito, another failure na naman ito for sure just like Brandon Vera

Your dream fight might come true!

Brock vs Fedor

Here is Fedor again teasing us all that he might consider UFC

Quote of the Day: Fedor Emelianenko Will Consider Offers From UFC After Two Strikeforce Fights

I did not want to offend the UFC in any way. What I meant is, I don't like to watch fights in general. My main concern is what kind of culture I bring, myself.

It has always been for me that some fighters would appear and people would want to see me in matches against these fighters. That will always happen. As for the UFC, when my contract with Strikeforce is over - I have two fights left on my contract - the UFC will have the time and the opportunity to prepare and offer a contract that may be interesting to me.

FEDOR IS AN Octagon-Tease

Keith Jardine cut from the UFC after thirteen fights and four straight defeats inside the octagon :lol:

Light heavyweight veteran, Keith Jardine has been sensationally cut from the UFC roster today following thirteen fights inside the octagon in the last five years and four straight defeats.

Jardine was last seen in action on “The Ultimate Fighter” season eleven finale, losing via unanimous decision to Matt Hamill on the night. Prior to that he’d lost to Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Thiago Silva and Ryan Bader.

^^ Fedor to the UFC??

That's great and all but everybody knows this will never happen..

UFC will never co-promote (rightfully so, and why would they?) and M1 would not give up on that issue..

In order for this to happen, Fedor should cut ties with M1 (much like Gegard did), but this will also never happen since Fedor is part owner of M1..

So for us MMA fans, let's just keep on dreaming..

UFC 116 – Chris Leben vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama made official for July 3rd in Las Vegas, Nevada

The middleweight contest between heavy hitting veteran, Chris Leben and Japanese superstar, Yoshihiro Akiyama has today been made official by the promotion, meaning it’s full steam ahead despite “Sexyama’s” reservations

Speaking via UFC.com, Leben said:

“I think he’s basically a little slower version of the guy I just fought (Aaron Simpson). He’s an awesome judo player, he’s got fast kicks, but I don’t think he’s got near the wrestling that Aaron Simpson has and I don’t think he’s got knockout power. But it’s a great fight and an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.”

Leben is coming off an impressive second round TKO win over Aaron Simpson at “The Ultimate Fighter” season eleven finale in Las Vegas. The fight happened less than a week ago, making his decision to take another fight at less than two weeks notice all the more remarkable.

As for Akiyama, the Japanese fighter turned up the heat on Alan Belcher to eek out a close decision win at UFC 100 in July. The fighter also holds wins over the likes of Dutch heavy hitter, Melvin Manhoef and former UFC and PRIDE veteran, Denis Kang.