Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

And if a 12-0 MMA record (with wins against Rich Franklin, BJ Penn and Stephan Bonnar) is not skills that is on a higher level, I dont know what is the proper term for that... But it doesnt even have to take a Machida to dethrone Rampage, though...

a win against an aging rich franklin, a much smaller penn and w/ bonnar sure wasn't enough to place him w/ silva & gsp's level... he first got to prove his worth by beating the big names in his category then we can safely say that he's legit and not just somebody else...

Edited by o0onapstero0o
a win against an aging rich franklin, a much smaller penn and w/ bonnar sure wasn't enough to place him w/ silva & gsp's

level... he first got to prove his worth by beating the big names in his category then we can safely say that he's legit and

not just somebody else...

Aging Rich Franklin?!?!? You gotta be kidding me. Figure this out: Rich Franklin only has 3 losses, so far, in his career...

Lyoto is the first fighter, and the only one aside from the Spider, to KTFO Franklin and made him a damaged goods, and that

was way back in 2003, when Rich was making a name for himself and was considered in MMA as a demigod... And up to now, I dont think Rich Franklin is aging, he is one of the best American fighter in MMA today... As with BJ Penn, well, fights are made by weight class not by height. so, if we say that BJ lose to Lyoto because he is small, how come Fedor won over Hong Man Choi? Or how Big Nog won over Sylvia?

but I have to agree that he has to prove his worth (thats the least he could do because he doesnt came from PRIDE). And to say that Lyoto is pound-for-pound the best MMA fighter in the world would be pretty pre-empting, I will just let Machida talk the talk and walk the walk and turn you all into a believer come May 24...

And dont tell me I did not warn you not to place your money against the Dragon, hehehehhehe! To be honest, I feel sorry for Tito...

money on machida for the reason that i don't like tito much, but hell put machida in the octagon with the likes of forrest griffin (who i also don't like much) bigger f#&ks who can and will not shy out to stand and trade with him, and his streak will break. the streak you mentioned was like won mostly by decisions, i dunno about that but i didn't like sylvia coz he fought for decisions and i don't think you like decisions as well. but yeah he'll make it big, just not my type of champion who wins fights mostly by decisions...

machida vs ortiz. i'll pick ortiz anytime of the day! he wont just fight and live another day, this time if he losses there goes all his effort to become the face of UFC for the longest time plus the fact that this'll be his last fight in UFC makes it more interesting.

If Ortiz can take Machida down then he can win. The thing about Machida, his fighting style is so unorthodox that it's hard to figure out during fight time. He has that jumping karate stands going. Even Chuck Liddell's trainer Gene Hackleman said that he doesn't want Chuck to face Machida because of his style. Machida never face a guy that has a takedown and gnp like Ortiz though. But it doesn't matter, this will be Ortiz's last fight in UFC :thumbsupsmiley:

^ but atleast sylvia dominated his opponents. its just that he cant seem to ktfo them but for sure he did won via unanimous decisions...

Sylvia is the only fighter that has stand up version of a lay pray. I can't believe he made a fight with Arlovski as boring as that. Well almost all his fighter are boring.

If Machida beats Ortiz, it may be saf to say that he may get a crack at the title.

I doubt it. He isnt as marketable. Also look who is in line: We know Griffin has it next. If JArdine beats Silva, he should get it. If Chuck beat Shogan, he's in line. If Silva beat Jardine, he'll fight Chuck again. Winner then gets a shot. I don't see Machida getting a shot. Also if Griffin beat JAckson, a rematch will be before MAchida. MAchida has to win a few more fights. He is the 205 version of Jon Fitch pertaining to getting a shot at the belt. Fitch gets winner of GSP-Serra, but he had to win 8 in a row first. Machida is half way there..lol

Hey guys, quick question. I'm going to Pinas next week. I'll be there for 3 weeks. Anyways, I'll miss the GSP-Serra fight live on PPV here. Is it always definite that Solar Sports show the UFC's monthly event? I'm kinda freaking out because I'm not sure where they show this dyan sa Pinas. I have a lot invested in the fight since I'm a big GSP fan, but also we have a mutual training partner between GSP and Serra since GSP used to train jits here at Renzo Gracie's gym. Which is where Serra tweak his training also. Anyways, I just want to know if Solar Sports will show this for sure. Thanks guys, I appreciate it big time!

Sino na ba official fight cards sa upcoming event?

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 13: APRIL 2, 2008 ON SPIKE TV

venue: Broomfield Event Center in Broomfield, Colorado

Main Card Bouts:

-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon

-Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves

-Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch

-Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz

-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin

-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard**

Preliminary Bouts:

-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer

-Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Roberts

-Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox

-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo

-George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan

-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson

Main card airs live on Spike TV starting at 7:00 PM (ET/PT) on Wednesday, April 2 as a lead-in to the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 7

UFC 83: APRIL 19, 2008 IN CANADA

venue: Bell Centre in Montreal

Main Card Bouts:

-Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre

-Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter

-Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes

-Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy

-Mac Danzig vs. Mark Bocek

Preliminary Bouts:

-Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen

-Sam Stout vs. Rich Clementi

-Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Jonathan Goulet

-Alan Belcher vs. Jason Day

-Cain Velasquez vs. Brad Morris

-Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia

United States PPV suggested retail price: $44.95

I doubt it. He isnt as marketable. Also look who is in line: We know Griffin has it next. If JArdine beats Silva, he should get it. If Chuck beat Shogan, he's in line. If Silva beat Jardine, he'll fight Chuck again. Winner then gets a shot. I don't see Machida getting a shot. Also if Griffin beat JAckson, a rematch will be before MAchida. MAchida has to win a few more fights. He is the 205 version of Jon Fitch pertaining to getting a shot at the belt. Fitch gets winner of GSP-Serra, but he had to win 8 in a row first. Machida is half way there..lol

agree 100%! eventhough he defeated the likes of franklin & penn, he's still not marketable. maybe if he submit his ortiz and the other fighter he'll face then its safe to say that he should get a title shot but if he just win it via decision then its a long way to go before that dream of a title shot will happen.

anyway, you can watch UFC 83 in sky cable. i forgot the channel but its their own version of jack tv and solar sports for it shows both wrestling and UFC.

agree 100%! eventhough he defeated the likes of franklin & penn, he's still not marketable. maybe if he submit his ortiz and the other fighter he'll face then its safe to say that he should get a title shot but if he just win it via decision then its a long way to go before that dream of a title shot will happen.

anyway, you can watch UFC 83 in sky cable. i forgot the channel but its their own version of jack tv and solar sports for it shows both wrestling and UFC.

Oh thanks! :thumbsupsmiley: Now I have look for Sky Cable when i'm there.

not sure if you guys have seen this....

Fedor Emilianenko v.s. Hong Man Choi

grabe galing ni fedor...he defeated this korean giant by submission....

Fedor might be fighting in UFC soon. He was released from M1. So the Couture vs Fedor might happen. But since there are 4 lawsuits pending between Couture and UFC, Couture doesn't want to even fight Fedor in UFC. Anywhere else is ok I guess.

not sure if you guys have seen this....

Fedor Emilianenko v.s. Hong Man Choi

grabe galing ni fedor...he defeated this korean giant by submission....

Hong Man Choi's MMA record before Fedor's Fight is 1-0.

One of the best MMA Fighter (If not the best p4p) versus a 1-0 guy is not that really amazing.

Hey guys, quick question. I'm going to Pinas next week. I'll be there for 3 weeks. Anyways, I'll miss the GSP-Serra fight live on PPV here. Is it always definite that Solar Sports show the UFC's monthly event? I'm kinda freaking out because I'm not sure where they show this dyan sa Pinas. I have a lot invested in the fight since I'm a big GSP fan, but also we have a mutual training partner between GSP and Serra since GSP used to train jits here at Renzo Gracie's gym. Which is where Serra tweak his training also. Anyways, I just want to know if Solar Sports will show this for sure. Thanks guys, I appreciate it big time!

UFC PPVs are shown "live" on Balls Ch. 33 on Sky Cable (~10-11AM).

Replays are @10PM on Studio23 (FreeTV) & usually ~9PM, the day after the fight on Balls 33.

UFC PPVs are shown "live" on Balls Ch. 33 on Sky Cable (~10-11AM).

Replays are @10PM on Studio23 (FreeTV) & usually ~9PM, the day after the fight on Balls 33.

OMG!!! You are a savior! Thanks so much. Sky Cable is the cable company in Makati?