Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Yup, #61 Vienna. He's open everyday, sundays is actually when some guys from DEFTAC roll. Unfortunately, they are not open to rolling with outsiders. @##$%&*@@!!!  :)

does that mean i can't train there on sundays? when you say roll, you spar? i'm not really interested in sparring i just do it for the exercise...thanks man :cool:

First PAN-ASIAN INTERNATIONAL

BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU COMPETITON

Kamphuis-Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Club would like to invite you to participate in the 1st Pan-Asian International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Competition to be held on May 22, 2005, Sunday. The competition will be held at the La Salle Greenhills–Fr. Martinez Activity Center, located at Ortigas Ave., Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines. Competition will begin at 8:00 am. There will be divisions for the white, blue, purple and brown belt levels as well as an absolute division. Certificates will be given to all competitors while Trophy cups and Medals shall be given to the champions.

For queries, you may email us at mail@bjjphilippines.com or team_greenlight@yahoo.com or call us at 0917 814 2420 or 0918 942 5233.

Whether you are competing or watching, we look forward to seeing you there. Thank you very much for your time.

First PAN-ASIAN INTERNATIONAL

BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU COMPETITON

Kamphuis-Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Club would like to invite you to participate in the 1st Pan-Asian International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Competition to be held on May 22, 2005, Sunday. The competition will be held at the La Salle Greenhills–Fr. Martinez Activity Center, located at Ortigas Ave., Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines. Competition will begin at 8:00 am. There will be divisions for the white, blue, purple and brown belt levels as well as an absolute division. Certificates will be given to all competitors while Trophy cups and Medals shall be given to the champions.

For queries, you may email us at mail@bjjphilippines.com or team_greenlight@yahoo.com or call us at 0917 814 2420 or 0918 942 5233.

Whether you are competing or watching, we look forward to seeing you there. Thank you very much for your time.

Kasali ba dito ung philippine judo team?

Yup, just them. If you want? We can start a small group so we can practice. But believe me...after a few lessons, you'll be dying to roll.  :D

that's too bad...i usually train with the guys at AMAP in Ultra because its much closer to my apartment here in pasig...but i usually go home to merville on weekends that's why i wanted to train with jiggy...anyway, i'll see maybe he can let me use in on sunday mornings...thanks!

Kasali ba dito ung philippine judo team?

malamang kasali sila, kasi si john baylon is an instructor in kamphuis machado... so dadalhin nila ang kamphuis machado club... kailangan kasi affiliated ka sa isang jiu-jitsu club bago ka makasali, so kung judo ang laro mo dapat meron mag ampon sayo na jiu-jitsu club and you will represent the said team...

cant wait for that day...

How many jiu jitsu clubs are there in Manila?

I'm planning to cross train to jiu jitsu and there are two clubs near my area (ortigas center) - DEFTAC in Greenhills and New Breed in Kapitolyo.

I would like to get feedback, hopefully from the neutrals, on which would be the most ideal club to join. I'm leaning towards DEFTAC since I know some of the people behind it.

Would appreciate to get feedback from the rest of the guys out here.

As a background, I also do muay thai but I'm not into competing in MMA's. I only do the sport for my own personal growth.

Thanks!

How many jiu jitsu clubs are there in Manila?

I'm planning to cross train to jiu jitsu and there are two clubs near my area (ortigas center) - DEFTAC in Greenhills and New Breed in Kapitolyo.

I would like to get feedback, hopefully from the neutrals, on which would be the most ideal club to join.  I'm leaning towards DEFTAC since I know some of the people behind it.

Would appreciate to get feedback from the rest of the guys out here.

As a background, I also do muay thai but I'm not into competing in MMA's.  I only do the sport for my own personal growth.

Thanks!

i was able to train with new breed for a couple of months, the guys were awesome... pero sabi mo you've known some guys in deftac eh di mas maganda siguro kung sa kanila ka na mag train...

APRIL 2005 - ADCC's TOP TEN MMA!

Submitted by: ADCC NEWS / MMA Editor

Posted On 03/30/2005

View Previous Top Ten Lists

under 145 lbs.

#1 Alexandre 'Pequeno' Nogueira (Brazil)

#2 Rumina Sato (Japan)

#3 Jens Pulver (Miletich Fighting Systems, USA)

#4 Norifumi 'Kid' Yamamoto (Japan)

#5 Ivan Menjivar (Costa Rica)

#6 Mike Brown (Team Elite, USA)

#7 Tetsuo Katsuta (Japan)

#8 Hiroyuki Takaya (Japan)

#9 Joao Roque (Nova Uniao, Brazil)

#10 Hiroyuki Abe (Japan)

145.1 - 155 lbs.

#1 Tatsuya Kawajiri (Japan)

#2 Takanori Gomi (SHOOTO, Japan)

#3 Yves Edwards (ThugJitsu, USA)

#4 Joachim Hansen (Team Scandinavia, Oslo, Norway)

#5 Vitor 'Shaolin' Ribeiro (Nova Uniao, Brazil)

#6 Genki Sudo (Japan)

#7 Luis 'Buscape' (Brazil)

#8 Caol Uno (Brazilian TOP TEAM, Fortalez, Brazil)

#9 Rich Clementi (Team Extreme, USA)

#10 Josh Thompson (Team AKA, USA)

155.1 - 170 lbs.

#1 BJ Penn (USA)

#2 Matt Hughes (Miletich Fighting Systems,, USA)

#3 Sean Sherk (USA)

#4 Akira Kikuchi (Japan)

#5 Frank Trigg (rAw, USA)

#6 Rodrigo Gracie (Team Renzo Gracie, USA)

#7 Karo Parisyan (USA)

#8 Chris Lytle (Integrated Fighting, USA)

#9 Nick Diaz (Cesar Gracie, USA)

#10 George St Pierre (TKO, Canada)

170.1 - 185 lbs.

#1 Evan Tanner (Team Quest, USA)

#2 Ryo Chonan (JAPAN)

#3 Jeremy Horn (Team Extreme, USA)

#4 Yuki Kondo (Japan)

#5 Anderson Silva (Brazil)

#6 Ivan Salaverry (AMC Pankration, USA)

#7 David Terrell (Cesar Gracie, USA)

#8 Denis Kang (Soares JJ, Canada)

#9 Masanori Suda (SHOOTO Champion, Japan)

#10 Rich Franklin (Team EXTREME, USA)

185.1 - 205 lbs.

#1 Randy Couture (Team Quest, USA)

#2 Wanderlei Silva (Chute Boxe, Brazil)

#3 Dan Henderson (USA)

#4 Chuck Liddell (USA)

#5 Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson (USA)

#6 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (Brazilian TOP TEAM, Brazil)

#7 Tito Ortiz (USA)

#8 Ricardo Arona (Brazil)

#9 Renato 'Babalu' Sobral (Gracie Barra Combat Team, Brazil)

#10 Travis Wiuff (Team Extreme, USA)

205.1 lbs and Up.

#1 Emilianenko Fedor (Red Devil, Russia)

#2 Andrei Orlovski (Belarus)

#3 Mirko Filipovic (Croatia)

#4 Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira (Brazilian TOP TEAM, Brazil)

#5 Frank Mir (Pires JJ, USA)

#6 Emilianenko Alexander (Red Devil, Russia)

#7 Paul Buentello (USA)

#8 Sergei Kharitonov (Russia)

#9 Tim Sylvia (Miletich Fighting Systems, USA)

#10 Josh Barnett (NJPW, USA)

mas malupit si cro-cop sa K1, sarap nyang panuorin dun. si sakuraba ba lumalaban pa?

yap bro, pero matanda na rin sya his way past of his prime... kasali rin sya total elimination this april for middleweight grand prix.... he's up against yoon dong sik of korea (one of the finest judokas of korea)... mukhang mahirap kalaban ito dahil sya ang pinanamagaling na judoka ng korea... sana gumamit sya ng gi para parang royce-saku na laban kung saan gumamit ng gi si royce... sana manalo si sakuraba!!!

ano bang magandang martial arts na pag aralan?

Kung ako ang tatanongin mo judo. Noong napanood ko ung match sa ust a jiu jitsu vs judo player nakita ko ung effectiveness ng throw. ung judoka used tomoe nage (stomach throw) pag bagsak sa sahig nung jiu jitsu plakda di na nakalaban ung jiu jitsu player hindi marunong mag falling kaya masama rin ang bagsak na bagok ang ulo sa mat.

Even if you know how to fall you'll still get stunned. Pero may grappling din ang judo kaya lang hindi masyado practiced.

So kung judo 70% stand ups 30% grappling

Kung brazilian jiu jitsu 99% grappling

your choice.........

hey guys krav maga just came to the philippines. there's a gym in san juan teaching it.

yup...there are some flyers available in k-1 store where you can get a free lesson by showing the flyer...don't know who the instructors are but the program is backed someone whose family name is asuncion (i think they own the place; it's actually inside the badminton court/gym which the ascuncion (national team players) own...from what i've heard and have yet to confirm, one of owners is related to an israeli who will offer the lesson...again, i have not confirmed this you will just have to confirm youselves....however, i find at a bit expensive...P2500/month with 3 sessions a week

saan yang k1 store na yan pare?

don't know the exact address but it's on gilmore cor santolan...so coming from greenhills take ortigas all the way till it becomes gilmore...on the corner of gilmore and santolan there is a row of shops to your right...it will be pretty near once you cross santolan...there is no bright k-1 light but if you have a sharp eye you will see a tarpolne with wanderlai silva's face...the front windoe will likewise have some gear on display so you won't miss it...if you reach the gate of the townhouses to your right then you've missed it