Stressed Out

Guest kizmet

When you're burnt out and stressed out, the last thing you think about is eating well and keeping active. But, if you don't eat well or exercise, you'll be even more stressed out.

How do we change this around? How do we get our mind to turn its way of thinking to what's best for us? The next three columns will deal with stress.

We know that when we nourish our bodies and stay active, stress is easier to handle. In my book, Feel Fantastic, I go through examples of stressful situations that my clients have been through, and how we managed to overcome them. I've come to understand the stress people go through every day and that's why I often give talks on Stress Relieving Strategies.

This column will deal with recognizing stress. My next column will give you examples of the reactions to stress, and the third week will consist of strategies you can use to relieve stress. In the meantime though, I'll give you one method on lowering the stress in your life to get you started.

Let's begin with the type of stress you have in your daily life. Of course, there's Good Stress. That's when we're busy, stimulated, feel in control, and excited about our success. Our life is hectic but planned, and our happiness level is high. This is when we eat well, keep active and go about our life with enthusiasm and excitement. This is not the stress that bothers us; it's the Bad Stress. That is when we're too hectic, frustrated, out of control, miserable and our happiness level is out of sight.

How do you recognize stress? Here are some of the stressors that may appear in your life. Print this list and check your problems:

- Relationships: Are you getting married? Divorced? Do you have problems with family members? Friends? Do they make your days unhappy? Remember, you're just making lists, not deciding on the solution yet.

- Financial: Are you in debt? Are you heading that way? Do you fear your future income or old age pension?

- Fear: Write down your fears. Do you fear change? What if you made a change, what is the worst thing that could happen? Would you rather stay as you are for the rest of your life, or take a chance on making a change? Do you fear weight gain, food additives, preservatives, biotechnology?

- Work: Do you dislike going to work everyday? Do you feel excited about your projects, like your colleagues?

- Vacation: Can you afford the cost? Do you get along with the family members and friends who share the holiday time with you? What is your alternative?

- Hectic: Do you have too much planned for the day, every day? Are you trying to be superman/woman? Is everything you do vitally important? Can some things wait until tomorrow, the weekend, next month?

- Illness: Is someone ill in the family? How is everyone handling the pain? Are there friends you can call on for help?

- Other ................: List your other problems.

The only advice you're going to get today is:

Spend half an hour alone, with no people around you, no phone calls, no music, no television, totally in peace, and think about when you're the happiest.What has made you happy in the past? And list these things.

When you're burnt out and stressed out, the last thing you think about is eating well and keeping active. But, if you don't eat well or exercise, you'll be even more stressed out.

How do we change this around? How do we get our mind to turn its way of thinking to what's best for us? The next three columns will deal with stress.

We know that when we nourish our bodies and stay active, stress is easier to handle. In my book, Feel Fantastic, I go through examples of stressful situations that my clients have been through, and how we managed to overcome them. I've come to understand the stress people go through every day and that's why I often give talks on Stress Relieving Strategies.

This column will deal with recognizing stress. My next column will give you examples of the reactions to stress, and the third week will consist of strategies you can use to relieve stress. In the meantime though, I'll give you one method on lowering the stress in your life to get you started.

Let's begin with the type of stress you have in your daily life. Of course, there's Good Stress. That's when we're busy, stimulated, feel in control, and excited about our success. Our life is hectic but planned, and our happiness level is high. This is when we eat well, keep active and go about our life with enthusiasm and excitement. This is not the stress that bothers us; it's the Bad Stress. That is when we're too hectic, frustrated, out of control, miserable and our happiness level is out of sight.

How do you recognize stress? Here are some of the stressors that may appear in your life. Print this list and check your problems:

- Relationships: Are you getting married? Divorced? Do you have problems with family members? Friends? Do they make your days unhappy? Remember, you're just making lists, not deciding on the solution yet.

- Financial: Are you in debt? Are you heading that way? Do you fear your future income or old age pension?

- Fear: Write down your fears. Do you fear change? What if you made a change, what is the worst thing that could happen? Would you rather stay as you are for the rest of your life, or take a chance on making a change? Do you fear weight gain, food additives, preservatives, biotechnology?

- Work: Do you dislike going to work everyday? Do you feel excited about your projects, like your colleagues?

- Vacation: Can you afford the cost? Do you get along with the family members and friends who share the holiday time with you? What is your alternative?

- Hectic: Do you have too much planned for the day, every day? Are you trying to be superman/woman? Is everything you do vitally important? Can some things wait until tomorrow, the weekend, next month?

- Illness: Is someone ill in the family? How is everyone handling the pain? Are there friends you can call on for help?

- Other ................: List your other problems.

The only advice you're going to get today is:

Spend half an hour alone, with no people around you, no phone calls, no music, no television, totally in peace, and think about when you're the happiest.What has made you happy in the past? And list these things.

Thanks for this lengthy advise... i learned a lot.. :)

Anyone tried mountain climbing when stressed out. At least, you're with nature & out of civilization. :D

i would want to..... matagal ko nang wish ito.... pero wala pa akong makakasama eh!!!

whenever im stressed out, i played guitar and everything will cool down and ill be OK.

really??!!! how i wish i know how to paly the guitar.. medyo nastress me now eh! thanks po!!

di naman kailangan marunong ka e. just play like you're a rockstar. mawawala yang stress mo.

you're welcome.

:cool: ill try this tonight!!! di kaya neighbors naman namin ang mastress sa sounds ko?? hehehe.. what the heck??!!! basta ako ok!!

di naman kailangan marunong ka e. just play like you're a rockstar. mawawala yang stress mo.

you're welcome.

:cool: ill try this tonight!!! di kaya neighbors naman namin ang mastress sa sounds ko?? hehehe.. what the heck??!!! basta ako ok!!

kung di effective yan, patugtog ka ng malakas tapos sabayan mo yung kanta hanggang mapagod ka.

you're welcome.

kung di effective yan, patugtog ka ng malakas tapos sabayan mo yung kanta hanggang mapagod ka.

i think i've done that.. neighbors din namin ang nastress - ok naman voice ko - sweet nga eh..kaso wala sa tono kanta ko!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks again bro!