The Mail Box

to you, beautful haughty lady

so you also had your demons, and succumbed to them...

sad, you acted like you are one tough cookie, but you forgot that cookies crumble...

all high and mighty, now six feet under...

sad that I never got to really talk to you, I might have helped alleviate the pain a bit, but such is lfe

me na tinarayan mo

• 1 month later...

E,

Akala ko nabura ko na lahat, but when I was sorting my inbox I stumbled on the last email that you sent me whike you're begging someone to stop sending you emails dahil nag assume ka agad na I was the one who let her do that. Sobrang sakit pa din basahin,pero paulit ulit kong ginawa para marealize ko na mali ang ginawa ko, na hindi majujustify ng salitang MAHAL KASI KITA, yung pagiging makasarili ko na mahalin kita dahil kahit tumambling pa tayo ng 45 million papuntang Mars, hindi naging tama ang pakikiapid.

Sana masaya kana ngayon sa pamilya mo.

Sana hindi mo na ulitin.

Sana mahalin mo din ang sarili mo, para matutuhan mong mahalin ng buong puso ang asawa mo.

I may find a lifetime partner in the future, or kahit hindi na pero sana maging masaya na tayo.

You were part of my happiness and you will always be the greatest teacher that I had. You taught me how to face my own battle, I learned from you how to guard my heart. Kaya kapag alam kong mababasag na naman ang puso ko, nag lelet go na ako,baka kasi sa susunod hindi ko na mabuo ang sarili ko.

J.

Edited by babychans
  • 3 weeks later...

RGH,

There's a reason why I dont refer to you as "Ate" ... have lost total RESPECT for you.

Of all days ... you didnt even come to see mom today?! WTF is wrong with you?

I feel for mom.

I dont have any EXTRA cash on me to properly treat her. The BEST I could do was give her some Bench GCs ...

You are so far gone/lost.

Dad is surely tossing & turning in his grave.

A

• 3 weeks later...

JDGH,

It was good to Facetime w/ you earlier ... However, I feel for you over the disappointments you faced while everyone was there briefly for your civil wedding (esp. after ... before flying back).

I dont think our family will ever be normal.

Hope that plans for your PH wedding be better ... for your sanity.

I dont know how else to help ... if only I did have EXTRA funds to lighten any load, I would.

See you soon.

Auntie A

• 3 weeks later...

My dearest Miron,

Being able to finally speak with you outside the confines of a gossipy workplace is a gift I wish to always cherish.

No awkward silence, no awkward teasing. Just friends enjoying each other's company.

I'll have it, this semblance of friendship I have with you and your mother, even when I wish for something more.

Please keep your side of the deal: that we will meet even when we are no longer colleagues.

Your presence has made me happy.

Me🥰🥰🥰

Mister,

You don't have to test my love for you.

Imagine the trust that I gave you after all the failuresssssssssssssss that I endured, ni hindi ko nga alam paano pa ako nagtitiwala ulit at naniniwala sa salitang mahal.

t#ang%na. Ang gago nun. Ang gago mo.

And yes,galit ako.

Ikaw ang nagsabi sken na dapat hindi ako mag doubt sayo. Practice what you preach Mister. Wag ganun.

Miss.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Blonde and Blue-eyed,

For the past month or so, you have been actively running in my mind.

All for the possibility that we will finally see each other after nine long years.

We have done a lot of growing up since that fateful day in 2011.

I hope that when we meet again, I am no longer in the friendzone. I hope that what we will have is more.

So much more.

Me

• 3 weeks later...

Mom,

In a way, it still boils down to him. I got so fed up with all his drama, hurting and his wounds. I got sucked up so hard I cannot fathom the pain and frustration of dealing with him in his most narcissistic stage. I should have walked away way too sooner.

Since then, I did not want to be vulnerable again. I didn't want to be open again. At some point, then, I kind of knew that I wanted to settle down. All it just takes is the right person at the right time whose values align with mine.

Truth to be told, I am not sure if I am really lonely. I haven't spent much time reflecting on it yet. I know I am frustrated because I still haven't met the one. I love my personal space. I love my freedom. But I really want to share it with someone.

I just want to make sure that this person is the one. But only in time, it will unfold. I just need to believe that I will be able to polarize that one person. For I don't need a lot of people to be attracted to me. Just that one. That one person whose timeline falls within mine, whose readiness times with mine. Whose level of willingness to go through the seemingly repetitive and tiring process of getting to know meets the level of mine. Someone who knows that our interest may wane, or the fire may need to be rekindled once in a while because we are human.

Someone who knows that our sex may disappoint sometimes, and our moods go downhill. Someone who knows that we may be in our most horrible state not because we don't love each other but because we can be our truest self and we are willing to show our flaws, and yet we stay. Because we choose to nurture our love to grow bigger than our flaws and bigger than the reasons why most people give up.

To think of it, I don’t know why I'm beating myself up for not having found the one. I missed to celebrate my realization of who I am becoming now. I am becoming ready to give time, to give love, to understand, to be honest. I am becoming open to a lot of things to hopefully please my partner and make him happy. I am learning to forgive and understand and accept the reality of things. I am starting to see that all I can beat myself up for is when I don't follow what I know I should do and not the uncontrollable outcome even if I knew I stayed true to my values.

I don’t have the answers to all questions. But I try to come up with deeply penetrating questions that may lead me to self-discovery. I realized that when I started thinking about what the world must give me, only then I felt lonely. When I was so busy being my best, whether people accepted or not, I always felt full and abundant. Now when I think of what I should receive as a form of my self-serving gratification, the more I felt empty. Life has been great to me in every possible way. Now is when I am so not entitled to any form of emptiness nor even an atomic size of right to complain.

Perhaps I am failing to see how I am becoming a higher value woman. I become calmer and accepting. Warmer and more compassionate. I am more passive not because I give up but because I don’t feel the need to assert my belief or impose my opinion to others. I learned to save my energy for more creative things and just spend it on selected people.

I guess I need to remind myself to focus on being the better version of myself and not beat myself up for the delay of results I was hoping for. I must not lose sight of who I am becoming, how it nourishes soul and lifts my spirit. The external manifestation will always follow as nature takes it course. You keep telling me to be patient, I know it’s not my strong suit.

See you soon. Lutuan nyo ako ni papa ng chicharong bulaklak. :)

Edited by *Jessie*
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Riveria

Hello,

I know you and I haven't had much time to really connect and get to know each other, and I know that if we got together it wouldn't be for long. I accept that, even embrace it. Hell, just spending time with you is something I look forward to.

E