The Mail Box

Dear D,

I still have your back, but I have to agree with my teammates this time. Pay attention. learn more. Think outside the box. Use the newbies. We can't shelter them forever. We were newbies once and we had worse situations.

Trust me, it will help. It will make our lives way easier.

Udeng

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Me,

You know we're in the so-called digital age, right? Then how come you can't distinguish the difference between spam and worthy-of-your-time emails in your mental inbox? Your thoughts are cluttered, not to mention full of drivel. Maybe a spam blocker is in order. Maybe you need to take a break for an inordinate length of time. Maybe you need to take a new hobby. Maybe you need to internalize less and externalize more, whatever the heck those Zen Buddhists and shrinks call it. I don't know. You figure it out. You're old enough to know better, after all.

Yours,

C

• Like (+1) 1

I have no flowery words or verses to sweep you off your feet and make you love me even more than you already do.

I have nothing left unsaid that I haven’t whispered in your ear or casually disclosed in the countless hours I’ve spent talking with you.

All there is left to say is I’m sorry. Sorry that I couldn’t keep my promise to marry you and make your kids my own. Sorry that I couldn’t grow old and yell at teenagers to get off our lawn liked we’ve always talked about. Sorry that I had to give you another reason to hate the world and believe less in God, fate, or the fairy tale.

But apologies are not the reason I write to you today. I write because I intend to spend my remaining time on earth with you. I don’t have a lot of moments left, but I want to fill them up with every bit of good memory as I could. Lying in bed and feel your slow, steady breathing as you sleep peacefully in my arms, laughing with your teenage daughter as we watch our anime together and eat out as a picturesque family that would be the envy of commercials and billboard advertisements.

I came to you with a broken heart and it’s ironic that I leave you because of it too. I must end this missive as my hands start to shake. I hope this reaches you in time. I await your reply.

Please do not forbear me…in this forbidden fondness

You have been one AMAZING woman. You have endured so much and have stood beside me for as long as I can remember. To say I am incredibly grateful would be an understatement. I know without a shadow of doubt we wouldnt be where we are and I wouldnt be half of who I am without YOU! Ikaw lang ang nagpakinang ng anumang merong ginto sa akin. Itoy iyong minina at nilinang.

Everything else in this world can pass away but I will fight to be by your side every year until I breathe my last on this planet. Today is like a dream and were part of that dream. Now is our time. Like yesterday, we still have control and responsibility of each others happiness. So have faith and believe Ill be there to give you a hug, to inspire and make you happy, to write you a poem, to walk besides you, to give you a kiss, to listen, to hold your hand, to make you smile and to walk on your newly mopped floor. Lahat gagawin ko para lamang sa ikaliligaya mo, huwag lang maglaba at magluto dahil hindi ako marunong nun.

Nothing is for certain, even after so many years there is still no money back guarantee, no magic potion, and no formula for any happiness except perhaps, the devotion and love we feel for each other. I may not be as young as I once was . . . but Im in love with you more than I ever was. Ang lahat ng akoy ikaw…. Wala nang hihigit pa sa wagas at tunay nating kasunduan. Naway patuloy na pumulandit ang langisngis ng kaligayahan sa ating natatanging kaharian at mundo. Dalisayahin nawa tayo ng tuwa at lirip ng ligaya sa ating walang hanggang paglalakbay sa tamis ng pagmamahalan.

If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever, and the days after forever…Kung wala ka, walang saysay ang aking kasaysayan…

Edited by artedpro

Dear Mr. Future Lover/Significant Other/Consistent Flirtation,

I have not played the game. Even if i try, i suck at it. I contradict myself at times. But know and always remember that i do wish to be with you, get to know you, and spend a long time with you.

When i reach out to you, it means that you piqued my interest. Grab that opportunity. Take your chance while you can. While i find you worth spending time with. When i turn my back on anyone, that's it. You will not be able to make me change my mind.

So if you are interested, reach out and be consistent. Do not disappear. Assert yourself that you do like me. Cut through my crap even if you feel that i'm making you confused and are receiving mixed signals from me.

Be my harbor, my lighthouse. Once i settle down and am assured about myself, about you, about us, the turmoil will be worth it.

Patiently waiting for you,

Udeng

remember when we were on a jeepney and it was the first time na nakakita ka ng "pull the string to stop"

Naalala ko yun bigla and just thought: wouldn't it be great if life had its own pull the string to stop? I would have pulled the string everytime during those times na kasama kita just to freeze time and prolong our time together

Dear Mr. Future Husband,

Are you making yourself felt now? Or am I still traipsing along with a couple of Mr. Wrongs?

If only you are found in one person and not two.

Please show up and state your intent to my face. The impatient brat in me is beginning to take over.

Udeng