The Mail Box

... scribbled on a piece of paper I chanced upon while cleaning my clutter. It was the last letter I wrote to the last man I loved ...

M,

I guess a lot of things can happen in one and a half years. Like you, I also wanted to share everything that's been going on with me. But the distance wasn't good for us. Your silence told me you lead your own life there now. For someone who used to be your priority, I am now just an afterthought, receiving the spare ten seconds of your busy life. I've been trying to move on as well, but you leak through the cracks in my thoughts. I should have known from the very start that in spite of our intimacy, of how I deeply loved you, the fact that you've always held me at arms' breadth gives you so much capacity to hurt me. Thank you though, because I know that at some point in your life, you loved me too. But there was always something missing.

This time, I know you've found what you've been looking for, your happiness. Congratulations. May God bless both of you in your new life together.

G

if you really want to know where to start

then look for faith in a dream in your heart

and dare to risk rejection or betrayal

for you won't know what success is about until you fail.

used hearts have been broken

but when they're repaired

they can be a lot stronger

when no longer scared

that's the last step of blooming

getting over the fear

and understanding

used hearts know how to care

for if a heart is not used

how do you know it is there

only used hearts have been there

only used hearts are aware

you can made lemonade from lemons

you can compost from crap

life isn't over when your heart is broken

it's gotten a bad rap

you don't have to heal

you don't have to feel

you don't have to deal with it

you don't have to be real at all

it's your call, which way will you fall

you can fall face down in the dirt

crying like a stuck pig in a pen

or you can fall face up with a deep breath

and fall in love again

your heart has to be used

to teach it to care

to teach it to share

to understand the fear

so it can learn to overcome it

and become aware of the power of love

only used hearts have been there

only used hearts are aware ...

Oo na, sabihin mo nang nagbibiro ka lang. Sige na, hindi ko dapat sineseryoso ang mga sinasabi mo. Matalino ako at dapat alam ko ‘yon. Pero di ba, ikaw pa nga ang nagpaalala sa ’kin dati sa sinabi ni Christina Applegate sa “The Sweetest Thing”: Do you know that when you tell a joke, 50% of what you’re saying is true. That way, you can say what you really feel without being vulnerable......

I bet mahal mo rin ako. Ayaw mo lang aminin sa sarili mo......

Mahal kita, mahal na mahal kita, sana maintindihan mo ako kung dumating man ang pagkakataon na sabihin ko na ito sa iyo ng harapan. Sana ay huwag kang lumayo ng unti-unti kapag napagtanto mo na matagal na kitang pinapahalagahan. Alam kong hindi tama ito, ayaw kong mapabilang sa mga taong nagbigay sa iyo ng lungkot at sakit.

jean,

bakit ba mahal kita????

palagi ko itong nasasabi sa aking sarili pag naiisip kita....

oo nga at close friend tayo.... pero sapat kayang dahilan ito..

basta naramdaman ko na lang nuon na ikaw na yata ang pinapangarap ko sa buhay..

nag kahiwalay nga kami ng GF ko dahil sa pagtatanggol ko sa iyo... mas mahalaga ka pa daw sakin kaysa kanya!!!

mas kabisado ko nga ang cellpone number mo kaysa GF ko eh.......

wjc-934

i am confused...

now that you seem to no longer be hostile with me...

i don't know now how you feel... i know that the chance of ever getting back together with you is probably close to nil right now, but the fact that from time to time, you let me see your smile, you let me hold your hand, the times when you surreptitiously touch my arm... they set within me a tide of confusion.

i have to admit that i was more comfortable when I knew exactly how you felt... now i'm confused, hopeful, afraid...

i love you... but i guess now, i'll just be left guessing on whether or not you may be starting to love me again...

damn...

M,

I'm sorry if I hurt you. I haven't seen him in almost a year. You have an idea just how close we were before. Hugging each other seemed like the most natural thing to do. I didn't know you would react that way, seeing us together.

ML told me you felt threatened. Why? Although the attraction is mutual, you know very well we don't and can't have a relationship. It's not even an option. Add that to the fact that you can have anyone you want. Despite your reasons, I still ask myself over and over, why me?

Resisting you is so hard as it is. You turn me on. I am addicted to your scent. The feel of your hand in mine gives me shivers. Looking at you, that sweet, angelic face, satisfies me. I care about you a lot. Having you close makes me happy.

Baby, I've told you this before. I want you here, but please.. please don't love me. It would only complicate things as we know it.

T.

There are no words that can describe my wrath...

I have discovered proof of your infidelity... and although it seems to me that this is an issue that has past, the fact remains, it was my friend, that bastard, the one who i welcomed as my own brother was the one who would stab me in the back...

I do not know how to take this news... i am currently seething with anger right now.

This is not the last of this.

i had a dream the other day

that you'd driven me to madness

obviously i couldnt tell it was a dream

i dreamt that in frustration and despair

i pulled the broken heart from my chest

half of it i sauteed with mushrooms

garnished with asparagus

and partook of my own last supper

the other half, UPSed to you

its former owner..

i admit (you always know when im lying anyway)

a small piece i saved

to appease the sniveling, sentimental moron inside me

WHO STILL HOPES YOU'LL COME BACK

mahal kong nanay,

bakit ka may favoritism? why am i always the one washing the dishes at night? hindi mo pinaghugas pinggan si ate. why??? pag si ate late dumating sa bahay, you always have food in the oven for her. pero ako, nothing.

nanay, kung hindi ka magbabago, lalayas na ako sa bahay. i'll marry my black penpal. at hindi kita padadalhan ng dollars.

sana maisip mo din akong ipagtabi ng ulam.

nagmamahal mong anak na malapit nang hindi ka mahalin,

colette

dear ambong,

i dunno why you could not wait for me and married marina in obando. were you too horny that waiting for me was torture? i told you i'd only be ocw for 2 years. 2 years! so we can build our dream home in paombong.

i heard marina is pregnant. here's wishing the manananggal visits her at night. and don't you dare hang garlic by the window. she is garlic-proof!

ambong, i'm so lonely without you. i still remember the times you would call me collect. i was always so happy. not like dolores who would curse because of astronomical phone bills. you see, i love you so much. i don't really care if we are poor, as long as we are together.

why, ambong? tell me why you couldn't wait!

crying all the time,

colette

Apparently, I can no longer make mistakes

Apparently, there is no one important in your life except yourself.

Apparently, you are a spoiled brat who does not know how to listen.

Apparently, you say you do not love me.

Apparently, you've been playing the world for a fool.

Apparently, you thought we'd never notice.

Apparently, not.

Goodbye.

Grow up.