Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

You are right but do they consider the opinion of the majority of their member? I'm sure more than half don't follow their way of natural contraceptives. Will the RCCC respects if they conduct a survey on those issues contradicting govt. policies. RCC are slow in having changes in their beliefs but in time they will sooner or later except maybe for the death penalty.

RCC is a religion. It is a way of life. Beliefs and values being taught to the flock are based on what is written in the Bible. It does not change the way fashion or social fad does.

Does the Church need to ask the opinion of its members when they tell them to follow God's ten commandments?

Ang hirap sa RCC kasi, feeling ata nila, lahat ng polisiya na gagawin dapat ng gobyerno ay may basbas nila dapat. Dapat lahat naayon sa mga prinsipyo na gusto nila. Ano ito? Panahon ng mga Prayle? Obvious naman na pine-pressure nila estado para laging sumunod sa gusto nila. So in effect binibigyan na natin ng kapangyarihan ang mga ito sa gobyerno. Kelangan pala me basbas nila lagi eh.

Masama pa nito, yun sentimiento na sinusulong nila, hindi naman talaga yun lagi sentimiento ng mamamayan.

RH bill halimbawa. Ano ba problema nila dito? Bakit kelangan harangin nila ito sa congresso? Bakit kelangan sila manakot ng civil disobedience? Ang simple lang naman. Kung labag sa prinsipyo ng relihiyon na ito ang condom, eh di mahigpit nilang habilinan mga miyembro nila na huwag gagamit nito. Hindi rin naman sila pinipigilan ng estado na parusahan miyembro nila na di susunod. Buti pa INC tuloy me expulsion sila. lol.

Buti pa dito eh. Emperor ang head ng shinto faith, pero kahit emperor hindi nakikialam sa trabaho ng parliament nila.

religion and governace revolve on two very different principles kaya di mo yan dapat pagsamahin.

The Church does not claim that all government policies should have their imprimatur.

But the Church will oppose policies that is against their basic beliefs and they oppose them through peaceful dialogue.Does the Catholic Church preach to the believers to commit atrocities against the government because of differences in policies and beliefs? No. it doesn't.

Government policies on artificial contraception and death penalty are against the Church's doctrine on the Sanctity of Life. Hence the opposition.

• Like (+1) 2

The Church does not claim that all government policies should have their imprimatur.

But the Church will oppose policies that is against their basic beliefs and they oppose them through peaceful dialogue.Does the Catholic Church preach to the believers to commit atrocities against the government because of differences in policies and beliefs? No. it doesn't.

Government policies on artificial contraception and death penalty are against the Church's doctrine on the Sanctity of Life. Hence the opposition.

But they have organized protest rallies. There were reliable reports of threatening public officials of ex communication. Some called for civil disobedience. As if that is not enough, some bishops would call those who supported the RH bill as "Potential Murderer's, Kampon ni Satanas, etc.". All in all taken, this is a clear attempt to pressure the government. Sabi pa nga ni OScar Cruz, para daw "nanay" ang simbahan sa lipunan na kelangan pakinggan. So hindi pa ba malinaw na gusto nila humihingi muna basbas gobyerno sa mga sensitibong polisiya tulad nito? As much as I am not a fan of the INC, Velarde, Appointed Son of God, at Bro. Eddie. Wala kang naririnig sa kanila na ganyan.

Tulad ng sabi ko, walang pumipigil sa kanila na sabihin sa mga miyembro nila huwag gumamit ng condom! Pwede nila ito ipagbawal sa community nila. Pero ano problema nila kung ang estado gusto ito ipasa sa kapakanan ng lipunan mismo? Ang RCC ba ang buong lipunan?

We just have to accept that the RCC is just another segment of political society. Just like any other Filipino, they have the right to freedom of expression. Walang pinagkaiba yan sa mga pula na rally ng rally at kung ano ano ang hinihingi sa pamahalaan. Walang pinagkaiba yan sa mga artista na lantarang nagpapahayag ng political opinions nila na naririnig ng mga fans nila. Pasalamat na lang tayo na may separation of Church and State sa Constitution kaya hindi pwede ma-appoint yang mga obispo na yan sa Cabinet - di tulad ng mga pula at artista. Tandaan, and separation of Church and State ay dapat sundin ng pamahalaan, pero hindi ng simbahan. Hindi yan 1987 Constitution of the RCC.

Pero para sa CBCP na yan, sa halip kasi na i-preach sa homily sa mga misa na tutulan ang RH Law at ang pamimigay ng condom sa mga kabataan, eh kung i-preach na lang nila ang pagiging mabuting katoliko na hindi nakikipagtalik sa hindi pa asawa, mas mabuti pa kung ganun na lang. Kahit ilang trak pa ng condom ipamigay ng pamahalaan sa high school at college eh kung may mabuting asal naman yang mga bata na yan eh hindi mag-aanuhan mga yan. Masyado naka-focus ang CBCP sa kung ano ang nasa labas sa halip na kung ano ang nasasa-loob ng tao.

But they have organized protest rallies. There were reliable reports of threatening public officials of ex communication. Some called for civil disobedience. As if that is not enough, some bishops would call those who supported the RH bill as "Potential Murderer's, Kampon ni Satanas, etc.". All in all taken, this is a clear attempt to pressure the government. Sabi pa nga ni OScar Cruz, para daw "nanay" ang simbahan sa lipunan na kelangan pakinggan. So hindi pa ba malinaw na gusto nila humihingi muna basbas gobyerno sa mga sensitibong polisiya tulad nito? As much as I am not a fan of the INC, Velarde, Appointed Son of God, at Bro. Eddie. Wala kang naririnig sa kanila na ganyan.

What's wrong with organizing rallies? The Church organize rallies (mostly prayer rallies) to voice out their opposition to policies that are against their doctrines. They are peaceful dialogue, democratic in nature, and appeals to one's intelligence. I can't say the same for the other groups. Tell me one instance where the Church demanded that the government should ask the Church's blessing before formulating a policy.

On the other hand, a wise government actually INVITES the Church and other interested groups to participate in policy making.

Tulad ng sabi ko, walang pumipigil sa kanila na sabihin sa mga miyembro nila huwag gumamit ng condom! Pwede nila ito ipagbawal sa community nila. Pero ano problema nila kung ang estado gusto ito ipasa sa kapakanan ng lipunan mismo? Ang RCC ba ang buong lipunan?

Filipinos is 80% Catholic. The Philippine government would be wise to consider that and respect the Church's teachings.

Would it be wise for a local government to allow a lechon or pork barbecue stall to open its business next to a Muslim mosque? Does being considerate to the beliefs of a religious group make the government subservient to that group?

Edited by camiar

RCC is a religion. It is a way of life. Beliefs and values being taught to the flock are based on what is written in the Bible. It does not change the way fashion or social fad does.

Does the Church need to ask the opinion of its members when they tell them to follow God's ten commandments?

Not all are written on the Bible, if it is I don't have a problem with it. RCC do adapt to changes but it takes generations to acknowledge it. Like in 16th century performing autopsy is sacrilegious but now it is widely accepted and done except for the Pope, So now how do the church treat catholic that uses condoms regularly with their wife. Do they commit sins regularly and will rot in hell when they die?

Our culture really accepts catholic church as part of the society that can meddle in political affairs. Panahon pa yan ng kastila na ang mga prayle ang nasusunod at tingin nila sa mga pilipino ay mga indio.

Para sa akin hindi na yan matitigil makialam ang simbahan kaya kung ako kay Duterte gawin taxable na lang ang kinikita ng simbahan at makita ang kanilang financial books.

What's wrong with organizing rallies? The Church organize rallies (mostly prayer rallies) to voice out their opposition to policies that are against their doctrines. They are peaceful dialogue, democratic in nature, and appeals to one's intelligence. I can't say the same for the other groups. Tell me one instance where the Church demanded that the government should ask the Church's blessing before formulating a policy.

On the other hand, a wise government actually INVITES the Church and other interested groups to participate in policy making.

Filipinos is 80% Catholic. The Philippine government would be wise to consider that and respect the Church's teachings.

Would it be wise for a local government to allow a lechon or pork barbecue stall to open its business next to a Muslim mosque? Does being considerate to the beliefs of a religious group make the government subservient to that group?

When you organize political rallies and call for civil disobedience, then it is very clear that the church is already using its power to politically pressure the state to act according to their will. So dun sa tanong mo, hindi pa ba qualified yun sinabi ni Arch Bishop Cruz na para daw "nanay" daw ang simbahan na dapat pakinggan ng gobyerno? When the truth is, you have no business at all meddling with government affairs. Gagawa at gagawa ang estado ng polisiya alinsunod man sa mga prinsipyong sinusunod nyo o hindi!

See the problem with the Churchs teaching is that they are primarily based on the bible. And I have nothing against that, but come on! The bible is highly philosophical, talks more about the metaphysical, and most of all can't always be interpreted in its most literal sense.... I guess the same is true for the Qur'an. State policies have to be literal otherwise lito lito na tayo. This is why religion and governance should not mix. You let each stay in its place and keep them separate.

Isa pa, our constitution in essence guarantees na hindi ito kikiling dapat sa anu mang relihiyon majority or not. Because if this will be the case, eh di wala na tayong freedom of religion pala sa bansa. You can now criminalize citizens for not embracing a specific religious practice like how it is in some countries in the middle east. If we do not separate church and state, we become a more repressive society. Pantay dapat gobyerno minority o majority di ba? So pano na lang pala ang mga muslim? Kawawa naman sila kasi ang mga katoliko na lang lagi me courtesy lane pag gusto nila magsulong ng polisiya pala?

Now for your lechon analogy, ganito yan. Hindi naman pinipilit ng estado mga muslim kumain ng baboy di ba? At hindi rin naman nila pwede din iutos sa congresso na ibawal ang piggery sa mga lalawigan nila kung me mga hindi muslim dun. Tulad ng RH bill na yan, pwede naman utusan RCC mga miyembro nito na huwag gumamit ng condom kasi labag ito sa prinsipyo nila

Not all are written on the Bible, if it is I don't have a problem with it. RCC do adapt to changes but it takes generations to acknowledge it. Like in 16th century performing autopsy is sacrilegious but now it is widely accepted and done except for the Pope, So now how do the church treat catholic that uses condoms regularly with their wife. Do they commit sins regularly and will rot in hell when they die?

Our culture really accepts catholic church as part of the society that can meddle in political affairs. Panahon pa yan ng kastila na ang mga prayle ang nasusunod at tingin nila sa mga pilipino ay mga indio.

Para sa akin hindi na yan matitigil makialam ang simbahan kaya kung ako kay Duterte gawin taxable na lang ang kinikita ng simbahan at makita ang kanilang financial books.

You will be surprised how all-encompassing the words of the Bible are in our daily lives and even in how we should conduct our economic and social affairs.

You seem to be condemning the Church based on the misbehaviors of some of its members. That would be unfair.

If you want Duterte to tax religious organizations, you give the leaders of these churches legitimate reason to see to it that the tax money is put to good use and that the government policies agree with their religious beliefs. Lalung hindi matitigil ang sinasabi mong pakikialam.

There is separation of state as far the the Roman Catholic Church is concerned. The RCC questions only government policies and programs that are against the doctrines that guide its flock. Nothing more.

They donot preach secession, violence, or terrorism. Neither do they promise a guaranteed place in heaven and 70 virgins for those who die while killing other people who donot believe in their teachings.

so the NPA has declared the cancellation of the unilateral ceasefire on their part.

and manong teddy is so furious

@cnnphilippines p#tang$na KAYONG GRP NEGOTIATORS, KEME-KEME PA, SYET, LET THOSE PEOPLE GO. HARMLESS. NPA Peace=Nobel Peace Prize for Digong.

whats next???

what's next?

maya maya bati nanaman sila ni digong... then away ulit... then bati ulit....

mas matindi pa sila sa mag-asawang away-bati.

Hahahahahahaha

very uncharacteristic of JOMA. takot din pala sila ke digong eh

Joma Sison reaches out to Duterte: Let’s continue peace talks

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/870177/joma-sison-reaches-out-to-duterte-lets-continue-peace-talks

DAVAO CITY—Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founding chair Jose Maria Sison extended an olive branch to President Rodrigo Duterte and offered a solution to the standoff in the peace negotiations.
Sison, who is now the chief political consultant of the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP), said in a statement that both parties must not lose sight of the gains of the negotiations and must consciously defend it from spoilers.
He noted that there was a “fair exchange of views and agreements on efforts to comply with the Comprehensive Agreement on Respect for Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law (CARHRIHL) concerning the release of all political prisoners, justice for and indemnification of victims of human right violations under the Marcos regime, allegations of human rights violations under Oplans Bayanihan, Tokhang and Kapayapaan.”

Edited by daphne loves derby

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the recent controversy of Duterte Admin where solicitor general is appealing to CA to reverse the Napoles' Illegal detention ruling by lower court. What the f*ck is going on? Government defending Janet Napoles? Anong kagaguhan to? Using government resources to defend Napoles? Marami siyang pera may sarili siyang legal team. Attention Dutertards please explain your master's reason for defending Napoles.

Edited by red60
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the recent controversy of Duterte Admin where solicitor general is appealing to CA to reverse the Napoles' Illegal detention ruling by lower court. What the f*ck is going on? Government defending Janet Napoles? Anong kagaguhan to? Using government resources to defend Napoles? Marami siyang pera may sarili siyang legal team. Attention Dutertards please explain your master's reason for defending Napoles.

agreed, pero i think he's just building power. he's made friends with the marcoses and GMA. siguro may mga kalokohan syang ginagawa kelangan ng kakampi when these people take back power.

Ako I'm not surprised. :)

Ako I'm not surprised. :)

me neither.. the time nung binanggit ni digong (august 2016) na gusto niya buksan ulit ang napoles case dahil may mga bago syang nalaman, maybe this is it.. Dahil siguro kya ito pinakulong agad agad para hindi makapagdawit ng mga LP members sa PDAF scam..

remember, rappler reported before na kumare sa kasal nina Drilon tong si Napoles at may picture pa nga. Pero ni hindi nabanggit si drilon sa mga involved sa PDAF. something fishy di ba?

lets see what will happen next.

and remember, ang inaapela ng solgen ay ang ILLEGAL DETENTION case, hindi ang PDAF case so walang kinalaman ito sa pork barrel scam case.

Give credit where credit is due. The rh law was passed under the aquino administration. The problem is the supreme court issued a tro on some of the vital components of the law kaya nawalan ng ngipin ang batas. Ang kaibahan lng ng binanatan ng simbahan si aquino hindi sya nagsalita ng binanatan ng mga obispo si duterte pinagmumura niya ang obispo sabay sinabihan pang daladalawa asawa ni bacani mga gunggung daw mga obispo mga mukhang pera, corrupt mga montero bishops. Haha

and remember, ang inaapela ng solgen ay ang ILLEGAL DETENTION case, hindi ang PDAF case so walang kinalaman ito sa pork barrel scam case.

the Illegal Detention is already a conviction and under appeal kaya pwede mag step in ang OSG.

the plunder cases are still with the SB and the OMB is still the one handling... we know conching is not within the powers of digong... pero conching has only until next year as Ombudsman.... wait for the one who will replace her.....

the Illegal Detention is already a conviction and under appeal kaya pwede mag step in ang OSG.

the plunder cases are still with the SB and the OMB is still the one handling... we know conching is not within the powers of digong... pero conching has only until next year as Ombudsman.... wait for the one who will replace her.....

Kaya nga, pero pinalalabas nila na may irregular ang mag step in ang OSG like De5 para may mabira lang sa media.

any ideas?

the front runner according to some pundits is Sol Gen Calida... also considered is PAO Chief Acosta and SB Justice Martires

Martires is also a frontrunner in a SC justice position so if digong appoints him, he wont be Omb na.

Kaya nga, pero pinalalabas nila na may irregular ang mag step in ang OSG like De5 para may mabira lang sa media.

when i said step in, meaning, to act as counsel of the prosecution....... during appeal, the OSG is the counsel of the prosecutors during the trial

so tell me, how would it feel if your lawyer will be the one who will tell the court that your opponent is correct? be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

But President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday confirmed that he was willing to offer Sandra Cam a government post in return for her help in his campaign and that he was leaving it to the people to judge her after the airport incident.

“She helped me during the last election. I’ll be frank. Her behavior? Let the public judge it. She helped me and I will help her. That’s a debt of gratitude,” Mr. Duterte told reporters in Baguio where he led the inauguration of the government channel PTV Cordillera hub.

“If she would ask for work, I’d give her work. It’s not because she was shouting there. That’s her business,” he added.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/879836/duterte-defends-cam-after-airport-scene#ixzz4b3R0LEfG

Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

mga ka-DDS.... anong masasabi nyo?

mga ka-DDS.... anong masasabi nyo?

Typical political patronage ... The president is willing to give a cabinet position to this arrogant bitch just because she help him during the elections and not because of who she is and what she can do.

Wala pa sa posistion eh assh*le na kung umasta, paano pa kaya kung nailuklok na.

#Changescamming and yet nakakabingi sa katahimikan.