Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

I'm glad na 3-3 na yung series. Na-expose na yung weakness ng GSW. If they don't hit 3's they are done. Unless maging agressive sila attacking the basket tingin ko mahihirapan talaga silang manalo sa Cavs.

they live by the 3 and they die by the 3. low percentage pa rin ang 3 pt shot. kung dyan lang sila mabubuhay mahihirapan silang manalo ulit.

I'm glad na 3-3 na yung series. Na-expose na yung weakness ng GSW. If they don't hit 3's they are done. Unless maging agressive sila attacking the basket tingin ko mahihirapan talaga silang manalo sa Cavs.

Matagal nang nakikita ang weaknesses ng warriors sa offense and defense but only the cavs have exploited those chinks in the armour... And not at a more opportune time.

hoping the warriors can get their play right on monday..... so many errors committed last game 6 by the warriors, sayang talaga.....the warriors were off their game....halata sa galaw at pasa ng bola.....definitely the warriors were not at their best..... sana sana gumanda na play nila bukas....... go go go warriors

Other than Lebron and the Cavaliers. You have to wonder, how much this championship will mean to the people and the city of Cleveland. Finally winning an NBA Championship for the first time for the franchise after having 50+ years of having no championship.

Lebron finally wins one for the LAND. This is more special than his championships in Miami.

People can probably make the argument, that Lebron did not choke on this team because he put him on his back and put up MVP numbers, timely blocks, defensive plays, scoring when the team needed it and making the right pass.

People can probably make the argument, that Lebron did not choke on this team because he put him on his back and put up MVP numbers, timely blocks, defensive plays, scoring when the team needed it and making the right pass.

saw this:

LeBron James led all players on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals & blocks. He is the 1st player in Finals history to do so.

those chase down blocks he did.. deym! you just gotta give it to him.. he really wants it bad!

saw this:

LeBron James led all players on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals & blocks. He is the 1st player in Finals history to do so.

those chase down blocks he did.. deym! you just gotta give it to him.. he really wants it bad!

did you see that block on Iguodala? he was about 3-4 steps away and i was thinking, Iguodala's gonna get this layup. But like a bat out of nowhere Lebron jumps up to block the shot. A second more late, that would have been a goaltending violation.

I'm thinking Lebron is really playing lights out and giving whatever he's got in this game.

I don't know how people will criticize him now for shrinking in the biggest game because he played like how people expected him to play. MVP level.

You can't call him a choker now after this performance

Is this the best NBA season? YES!!!

From the warriors legendary and record breaking run to the NBA finals....to curry's record breaking shooting prowess....to the one of the best slam dunk contest....klay beating curry on the 3 point contest...kobes farewell tour...and one of the best last performance...to the warriors ovecoming 1-3 deficit to the thunder....its only fiiting to end it with a championship for cleveland and another history making ,overcoming 1-3 deficit in the finals for lebron and the cavaliers....

• Like (+1) 2
ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith: “Lakers & Heat Are Possibilities For LeBron”

post-481684-0-46477200-1466510275_thumb.jpg

post-481684-0-35774000-1466510304.jpg

Now that the final NBA game of the 2015-16 season has been played, it’s time for the soap opera that is the NBA offseason to begin.

Everyone knows at this point that LeBron James carried the Cleveland Cavaliers to its first ever NBA championship – evident by the goo-gobs of folks that reportedly watched the Finals – and how he accomplished his goal of winning a title for his home state, which had been championship-deprived for 52 years.

Much ado was made – a lot of it coming from James himself in his penned letter announcing his intention to rejoin the Cavaliers two years ago – on how he wanted to “go back home” and win one for “the Land” (short for Cleveland).

It sounded good and it made everyone in Ohio giddy, knowing that their native son was coming back and going to deliver them a title. But up until Sunday’s thrilling game seven win, Cleveland had been devoid of a professional sports title for more than half a century.

Call it far-fetched, but cynical conventional wisdom would make one believe that LeBron – even in all his basketball greatness – saying that he’d be going back to Ohio to win a title really meant that he was verbally agreeing to an unofficial lifetime contract with the franchise and the city because – plainly, they never win in Ohio.

Well, they won.

Now what?

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith kicked off the drama by dropping this grenade on the country Monday morning:

“From what I’ve been told, the Lakers and Heat are possibilities as a destination for LeBron James this summer,” Smith said on the Mike & Mike Morning Show.

The man just won his third NBA championship in seven tries, stuffed the stat sheets to historical proportions, witnessed the coming-out party of teammate Kyrie Irving as one of the top 10 players in the league and actually accomplished his lifelong goal of bringing a title to his hometown and now he’s going to leave?

Yeah, one could see how that happens.

“No one should want to leave after they just captured a crown…nobody should want to leave Cleveland, everybody should want to stay and defend their crown,” Smith said on ESPN’s First Take later Monday morning.

“You’re hearing about Miami and LA – as in the Lakers – as possible landing spots for LeBron. Because LeBron, obviously, was never going to leave until he helped deliver a championship to the city of Cleveland. But once that was done, it is believed that departing is something that he’ll entertain.”

Miami was a playoff team and was one game – and possibly one Hassan Whiteside injury – away from actually facing James and his Cavs in the Eastern Conference finals.

Dwyane Wade, who attended Sunday’s game seven in Oakland in support of LeBron, turned back the proverbial clock during the playoffs and put on some vintage “Flash” performances.

And, James has said publicly that he’d like to play with his friends: Wade, Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul and New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony one day.

Still, the Heat have their own role to play in the NBA offseason drama. Wade is a free agent and will be seeking near-max, if not max contract dollars this summer. The shot-blocking savant Whiteside will be courted by just about every team with money to spend. Also, Chris Bosh’s health is still a question mark – and he’s still owed somewhere in the $75 million range.

And it was reported Sunday night and Monday morning that James said he was motivated by some stinging words from someone in Miami.

“People in Miami believe that they have a shot at LeBron James returning. There’s some clean up duty that Pat Riley has to make up for because obviously he felt a certain way about LeBron’s departure…but there are people in Miami who believe they have a shot at getting LeBron to return to South Beach,” Smith went on to say on ESPN.

“It would be hard-pressed for me to imagine him leaving Cleveland at this point in time, but it was almost impossible for me to imagine that he would leave South Beach a couple of years ago – but he did that.”

Then there’s Los Angeles.

The Lakers are no longer under “Mamba Rule” and are looking for the next great…anything.

Still, LA offers the allure of Hollywood and the illustrious franchise history. Not to mention, the Lakers own the No. 2 overall in this year’s draft, have the No. 2 pick from last year’s draft in the form of guard D’Angelo Russell, and buckets of cap space.

However, the bottom line of it all is that no one knows what LeBron will do next.

Smith admitted that he doesn’t.

“I think it’s very, very possible that he could end up departing,” Smith said Monday. “But again, I don’t know – I have no idea. I’m just telling you what I heard.”

James has always been guarded and very conscious as to prop and present himself in the best light possible.

And the general public will be forced to sit back and watch the soap opera unfold while LeBron already knows which socks he’ll wear during his two-hour-long, nationally televised retirement special in 2020.

Buckle up folks.

J.T. Wilcox J.T. Wilcox is a staff writer for CBS Miami - covering college and professional sports. He's also the Managing Editor and Senior Writer for SFHSSports.com. He is the winner of the CCNN Live 2015 "Best Print Writer" Award.

After winning NBA title, would Cleveland still trade Kevin Love?

post-481684-0-88176400-1466596445_thumb.jpg

By Kurt HelinJun 21, 2016, 8:52 AM EDT

Usually, when a team wins the NBA title, they try to keep the band together and bring largely the same team back to go for the repeat.

Kevin Love certainly helped the Cavaliers win their first NBA title with his Game 7 performance — he was a beast on the boards early (finishing with 14 boards, nine points, and was a +19) then played good perimeter defense on Stephen Curry on one of the key plays late in the game. Love isn’t a great matchup against Golden State, but he gives other teams trouble.

All that doesn’t mean the Cavaliers will bring back Love next season.

What it does mean is they don’t feel any pressure to make a move. The Cavaliers tested the market for Love at the trade deadline — when they weren’t very serious about moving him — and got nothing but lowball offers. Cleveland doesn’t want your draft picks and “meh” role players. If Boston and other interested parties make the same offers this summer, they will get the same “no.”

Sean Deveney of the Sporting News does a fantastic job breaking the Love situation down and noting there is a lot of demand for Love’s services around the league.

But the fact that Love’s name comes up (in trade rumors) is a testament to the number of teams that recognize he could be his old All-Star self if he did not have to sacrifice to win with the Cavs. Even when it looked like Love was on the outs in Cleveland, even while many were focused on his weaknesses, NBA executives still considered Love to be an elite-level player. The view of one league executive summed it up: “I think most of us feel like he might be a bad fit with LeBron, but he’d be a really, really good fit for our team. And I mean, there’s almost 29 teams that would look at him and think that.”

Add to that the scent of a championship Love now bears, and the Cavaliers will have to consider the fact that Love’s value is at a two-year high. He turns 28 in September, at the peak of his prime. The Cavaliers will not, as they might have been had they lost the Finals, feel pressure to make changes to smooth out some of their rough spots. They will be able to deal from a position of power.

But it’s not clear that they have interest in dealing at all. The Cavs’ long run to this championship certainly erases any immediate deal for Love—they’re not going to trade the guy at the draft, obviously—but that’s not much of an issue since the Cavs were never going to move Love for draft picks. The league executive speculated that if some deal gets seriously discussed, it probably won’t be until after Summer League and maybe not even until during or after the Olympics in August.

The Cavaliers just won an NBA title with Kevin Love as their starting power forward. He averaged 16 points and 9.9 rebounds a game this season, and that was with taking a vastly reduced role in the offense so LeBron and Kyrie Irving can isolate more. He’s not listening to the critics.

“I never got really trapped by the dogma and living with the results of other people’s thinking,” Love said after Game 7. “I just continue to fight through it, and knew that tonight I just had to have one great game. I was going to go out and be aggressive on both sides of the ball as far as rebounding the basketball. I was just told to rise above it, especially by my teammates.”

We certainly can talk about fit — Chris Bosh took this same reduced role in Miami, but Bosh brought fantastic pick-and-roll defense to the table, also. Love is not a good fit against the Warriors, but that fit was good enough for Cleveland to win a title with Love playing a significant role.

Maybe by late summer and into training camp next season some team assesses its situation and comes up with a legitimate offer that Cleveland needs to consider seriously. Maybe. But the Cavs aren’t going to move him just to move him and shake things up this summer. They don’t need to. They can bring everyone back and, if they stay healthy, no team in the East will keep them out of the Finals again.

Edited by hahnz

yea that's the one, watching it, you wouldn't think that Lebron was gonna catch up because he's too far but like i said super human ability and strength of will got him to jump way higher than iguodala and block the shot.

This block kinda reminds me of the block that Tayshaun Prince did to Reggie Miller with a lesser magnitude but it did help propel the pistons to win the game and eventually the series against the Pacers in the ECF, where the pistons faced the heavily favorite L.A. Lakers of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton