Dc And Marvel Universe

I'm gonna get it next sat na lang. swelduhan pa next week eh. I'm gonna get also the IRON MAN SPECIAL DVD from CO. Just gonna get comics. I'm onna put up sa DEC or JAN ang titles that i'm gonna get for next year. I think yung new titles na coming out in 2009 & minis na lalagpas sa 2009 from my 2008 pulls are:

current:

WAR HEROES

STRAW MEN

SUB-MARINER DEPTHS

new:

BATMAN CACOPHONY (Sigurado)

DARK AVENGERS (Sigurado)

NEW AVENGERS (Tentative) (mga important issues na lang, depend on whose in the roster)

AMERICAN JESUS: CHOSEN (Sigurado)

DARK REIGN (Sigurado)

NICK FURY (Tentative)

SPIDER-WOMAN: AGENT OF SHIELD (Tentative)

ULTIMATE AVENGERS (Sigurado)

What do you guys think? :upside: :upside: :upside:

I will definitely complete the Straw Men series..

Maganda daw yung Sub-Mariner: Depths, it is being compared to last year's Silver Surfer: Requiem.. But I have to pass coz madami na akong titles na kinukuha and I feel that mini-series that are not really "too connected" sa continuity will just eat up my money.. haha.. But it is a good read.. If I had extra money, I would have bought Requiem last year and Depths this year..

I will also continue all of my Avengers allocation dahil kung mapapansin mo, dito nagmumula ang mga important events sa Marvel.. House of M, Civil War and this Secret Invasion thingie..

Nick Fury, Spider Woman are titles that do not have a soft spot in me.. I might look at Nick Fury though.. After Secret Invasion, I feel that Fury will play an important role in Dark Reign.. Kaya tentative din ako dito.. With Spider Woman, unless something gets revealed here, I will have to say "no thanks.."

I am not getting the Ultimate series, bro.. As I have said with khumpleetist before, I am not interested in the Marvel lines that do not affect the continuity of the core universe.. Yung Ultimates kasi, papangit ng papangit ang pagsulat ni Loeb.. Still, it is a good read if you look at the reviews.. Kaya hindi ko din balak kunin yung Marvel Noir series..

Batman: Cacophony.. Pucha! Ito ang tingin ko na maganda.. I expect good things from Kevin Smith.. Sigurado na din ako dito..

Some mini series and series within a series that I expect to get for next year are:

Lahat ng Dark Tower

Lahat ng The Stand

Dark Reign

Flash: Rebirth

Gaiman's Batman

Green Lantern: Blackest Night

Ghost Rider - Ketch vs. Blaze storyline by Jason Aaaron

Marvel's War of Kings

Incognito

Superman's New Krypton (kaso tapos na yata ito by January)

XMen's Old Sins (tapos na din yata ito by January)

Captain America

Daredevil (Lady Bullseye storyline only)

Indies/Vertigo/Image:

The Sandman: Dream Hunters

No Hero

The Crossed

Rest - parang maganda ang storya nito..

City of Dust

Welcome to Hoxford

Greatest Hits

I am planning not to get Project Superpowers' auxiliary titles.. But might get Superpowers II..

I called and asked Comic Odyssey to reserve a War Heroes #1 for me.. After I verified what norbyela said about the plans of Sony in making a movie adaptation on this series.. Mukhang madadagdagan ang aking pulls.. Haay! At maganda nga ang reviews nito.. Hindi siya yung tipong War stories like Band of Brothers, etc.. Its based on the future and the storyline is much like the Universal Soldier theme.. Seems promising.. Hell, if its Millar, it should be..

Edited by revi

can I just f#&king say that with one issue to go, I really think that Morrison just wasted my f#&king time on Batman R.I.P.?

Stupidest f#&king storyline ever. And no, he can't redeem the whole mess with the last f#&king issue.

Parang pinagsisihan ko na rin ang Final Crisis. dammit.

Edited by rdaq97
was just able to get my comics awhile ago (bago pumasok)

i haven't check batman rip yet... parang kinakabahan ako sa mga comments nyo a

meron pa bang war heroes 1 sa CO?

Maganda reviews ng ign.com sa latest issue ng Batman: RIP.. But honestly, ang weird ng feel ko sa Batman ni Morrison.. Hindi ko gusto na may anak siya kay Thalia.. At ang pangit ng pagkagawa nung storyline na yun.. Parang pilit.. Yung Rise of Ra's naman, hindi din pulido pagkagawa.. Parang sumabit sa ending.. Maganda ang umpisa.. Promising but the ending was done hap-hazardly.. Now this RIP thing.. Weirdness to the core.. I hope Gaiman does something that would make us readers, drool..

Sa pagkaalam ko may War Heroes pa sa CO..

Edited by revi

I am now browsing through some of the comics I bought at CO yesterday..

No Hero's Juan Jose Ryp (the artist) reminds me of Bart Sears when the latter was pencilling Valiant's XO Manowar and Turok.. Violent ang comicbook series na ito.. I can't wait for the first issue of the Crossed, which is also written by Warren Ellis..

Patapos na ang first arc ng the Sparks.. 2 issues to go.. Yipee..

---

Mukhang madami akong kukunin na comics for next week's releases.. May sampu yata (if the previews in some websites are accurate).. Sheesh!!!

---

Dun sa mga pumunta sa Convention sa Robinsons Manila.. Kamusta? Any stuff there that you bought that you may want to share here? :thumbsupsmiley:

I went there with my GF yesterday. The last time I went there was like 2 years. So we got lost. we overpassed it riding the LRT. and then Umulan bigla. Bad trip. There's not much comics alot of toys though. Yet, hapon kami pumunta doon and ubos na ang MIGHTY MUGGS. <_< . Bad trip.

Its actually the reason why I did not go to the convention, bro.. I've asked several of my friends who sell back issue comics that they won't be participating.. Mas interesado ako dun sa November thingie sa UP Bahay ng Alumni, kasi nga COMIC CON talaga yun.. Hindi ToyCon..

My pulls for this week..

Action Comics #870

Avengers/Invaders #5

Dark Tower: Treachery #2

Green Lantern #35

Invincible Iron Man #6 (last issue of the first story arc)

SI: Inhumans #3

Stand: Captain Trips #2

Twelve #8

X-Men: Original Sin #1

The Crossed #1

End League #5

Corps #0

As usual, I am getting Corps #0 for the heck of it.. Php60 lang naman..

I would have gotten Ferryman #1 but decided not to, dahil sobrang dami ko ng pulls at gusto ko ng magbawas.. Much like yung Dead Ahead #1, I decided to cut it off from my pull list.. Kung maganda review, dun ko na lang siguro pag-iisipan kung kukunin ko..

@guys:

You might be interested in getting several comics from me.. Doubles ko na ang mga ito, so I am trying to dispose them..

1) Ultimate Powers #1 Gold Variant -- has some spinal injuries (hehe!) but very minimal.. this is being sold for Php1,200 yata noon sa Comic Odyssey.. I am just selling this for Php150.. Regular priced comicbook na lang.. Napanalunan ko kasi sa raffle ito sa CO.. :thumbsupsmiley:

2) Northlanders #1 - Php150 also.. Book price na lang.. Na-doble ko kasi dahil nahiya ako sa CO dahil naorder ko kay Sandy.. So kahit nakakuha na ako sa Filbars, kinuha ko na din.. Medyo hard to find na din ito..

3) Kick Ass #1 - Another comicbook that I got twice.. Same as the situation as with my Northlanders #1.. Php150..

I also have several Ultimates #1, X23 #1.. Pwede pag-usapan presyo ng mga ito.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Please PM me if you are interested in getting these.. Thanks..

Here are the pictures of the 3 comics I am selling..

post-75683-1223307566.jpg

Edited by revi

^^

@revi

Bro, ireserve mo ko ng isang Ultimates #1. Sa Komikon ko na lang kunin or text kita.

Been to Collecticon last Saturday. Met with 2 of my comic buds. One got a Deathstroke action figure while the other got a copy of Ultimate Wolverine Vs Huk #1 from CO.

I got:

Superman #204 - 207

Countdown To Infinite Crisis (One Shot) - first print

Ultimate Wolverine Vs Hulk #1

My pulllist for this week is few:

AVENGERS INVADER #5

GREEN LANTERN #35

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #29

@revi

Bro, ireserve mo ko ng isang Ultimates #1. Sa Komikon ko na lang kunin or text kita.

Sure, bro.. Usap na lang tayo sa presyo ng Ultimates #1 sa Komikon sa UP.. Most likely, pupunta talaga ako dun..

Someone here PM'ed me regarding Northlanders #1.. So, naka-reserve na din siya, as of now until further notice.. hehe..

Are you still going to continue on Inv. Iron Man?

It's my first time that I'm going to attend UP Comic Con. Can you tell me about your experiences about it?

I won't be continuing Iron Man after #6, bro.. First storyarc lang ako much like with Hulk and Thor..

It would also be my first time to attend the Komikon at UP.. Matagal na akong niyaya nung iba kong mga kaibigan but I was more into basketball cards then than comics.. Hopefully, lahat tayo mag-enjoy...

Sure, bro.. Usap na lang tayo sa presyo ng Ultimates #1 sa Komikon sa UP.. Most likely, pupunta talaga ako dun..

Someone here PM'ed me regarding Northlanders #1.. So, naka-reserve na din siya, as of now until further notice.. hehe..

Ok bro, I will see you at Komikon. It's my first time there. Dala ka ng pamaypay kasi mainit daw dun. Hahaha!

tuloy pa ba ang komikon??

i am excited sa manilacomiccon kahit march pa siya...it hopes to be like the sdcc of our country

It seems Komikon will push through (Nov 22, 2008).

The manilacomiccon is the event I'm looking for and I think this'll be the biggest so far...

Thanks for the invite at MPI. :thumbsupsmiley:

^Marvel has a better imagination than DC?

I am more of a Marvel-fan than a DC-fan.. I have to say yes, but DC fans would always remind us that some of Marvel's characters are loosely based on DC's Golden Age characters..

Look at Spiderman, Peter Parker is a photographer of the Daily Bugle, his first love was the secretary of his publisher (Betty Brant).. And then look at DC's Superman, Clark Kent is a reporter for the Daily Planet and his love interest is a co-worker named Lois Lane.. DC has Supes while Marvel has Spidey..

IMO, Marvel had a better Silver Age, and a Bronze Age than DC.. Even the 1980's, I was more interested in Marvel.. But DC also had its own nice storylines like the Watchmen, and Crisis on Infinite Earths.. Marvel's success is embedded in Stan Lee's stories of the 1960's.. Without Stan Lee's ideas, Marvel would not be where it is today.. Stan Lee may have based his characters on some DC's characters, but he did something that really turned heads.. Ano ito? Cool storylines..

But during the 1990's and of today, I believe that Marvel and DC share equal footing on the "imagination" business.. For one, writers and artists jump ship on a regular basis.. Minsan nasa Marvel si Jeph Loeb, minsan nasa DC siya.. Same with Neil Gaiman.. About two years ago, Gaiman wrote the highly acclaimed Eternals mini-series, tapos ngayon, he is tasked by DC to do Batman..

Its really nice to get into comics nowadays, because of the "jump-shipping" of the writers and artists.. I can't wait for Geoff Johns to do some Marvel work..